Hello Guest April 28, 2024, 15:31:23 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: new ships  (Read 10532 times)

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
Re: new ships
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2008, 07:48:57 »

Greetings,
The members who are testing the new ships,put some screenshots on the forum,so we can see what to expect from this new part of the ship sim.
would that be not a nice idea?
Regards
Marc
N

Bottman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2008, 08:52:34 »

Isn't that the previlege of Frank@VSTEP?
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!
Look at www.elbdampfer-hamburg.de

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2008, 09:08:19 »

Sorry if it is,dont know realy.
Would be a nice promotion to the members,So they can see what to expect.
If it's not allowed,than this topic can be deleted in no time.
Sorry if i made a mistake
Regards
Marc

P.S.I think in that case i would hear something from Vstep.
N

Bottman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2008, 09:19:59 »

Well, I can't wait to post pics and videos as I did before with the ShipSimulator2008... ;D
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!

Denis

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2008, 09:21:16 »

Bottman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2008, 09:22:04 »

That't why I wondering about Marcs post.. ::)
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2008, 09:29:44 »

That't why I wondering about Marcs post..

Well it seems that i've missed something,sorry about that!!
Thanks Bottman,i did not see that topic.Maybe i'm not even awake yet :D ;D :D
Marc
N

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2008, 09:34:49 »

That pushboat,is that the one Dejan have made??
Because there are some differences,now in coloring??
Marc
N

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2008, 09:39:42 »

I think it is, as Denis said the engine room is going to be in the game :)

Denis

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2008, 22:46:55 »

One of the reasons so many have trouble with the Red Eagle is that they have the idea that keys are easier to use than the wheels. The opposite is true.

I don't really agree with you mvsmith ... If you use your mouse, you can't rotate both wheels at the same time. Wich can be problematic.

take the example of the Bugsier, or the Ocean star. If you only use mouse, and want suddenly to set both engines to full reverse. You take the time to set left propeller to -180%, then the same for the right propeller. during the time you spent in beetween, your heading will probably have changed a few degrees (having one propeller full foward and the other one full backward)... The inertia of the ocean star is big enough, and she won't have probably moved a lot , but for the bugsier which response is very fast, you might have already hit a peer or another ship ... don't you think ?

budbud

• Forum member
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2008, 04:44:28 »

Hi!

take the example of the Bugsier, or the Ocean star. If you only use mouse, and want suddenly to set both engines to full reverse. You take the time to set left propeller to -180%, then the same for the right propeller. during the time you spent in beetween, your heading will probably have changed a few degrees (having one propeller full foward and the other one full backward)...

I like playing with the mouse (in absence of real-like controllers) just for that reason! In real life, if you fully reverse engines, firstly it will take time depending on the kind of propulsion, the speed and the inertia of the ship, and secondly your heading will certainly change and become a little unpredictable because of the pitch effect and the loss of control.
Shipsim for now doesn't take into account any of these parameters. The engine reverse is immediate even on the latitude, and the pitch effect while crash stop is absent.
So using the mouse is my away to feel a little more realism in the game.  :P
C'est curieux ce besoin que les marins ont de faire des phrases!

mvsmith

« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2008, 07:08:16 »

Denis,
Ocean Star & B2 are exceptions, because of the way the controls are implemented in Ship Simulator. In actual installations of dual ASD or tractors, the controls can be locked together for normal steering underway. For most other ships, including Red Eagle, precise steering is better done using the ship’s wheel with the mouse. Some missions are virtually impossible to complete with keyboard keys alone.
It’s amusing to read posts demanding realism on so many other points yet not when it comes to actually steering the ship.
Regards,
Marty

AndyJay

• Forum member
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2008, 00:23:33 »

Can you get free add-on downloadable ships? Without the need to pay for anything?

white runner

• Forum member
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2008, 00:40:02 »

aparently not I wish but I don't think so :|

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2008, 00:41:17 »

Hello AndyJay,

Apart from the jetski and the hovercraft that came in a free upgrade, there are no free downloadable ships available. People that own the SS06 Addon, do get a free update for SS08 which has the same 6 ships in it, but of course you have to pay for the SS06 addon to begin with.

No 3rd party addons either, if you meant that aswell. Only VSTEP releases new content.

Regards,
Fred

RoyalMarine1

• Forum member
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2008, 12:07:13 »

on the ss08 add-on New Horizons can you look around the ocean star like you can the Titanic?
Captain Lewis (HM)

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2008, 12:10:13 »

Hi RoyalMarine1

Yes, it has a walktrough mode too, as most of the ships in SS08 have.

Regards,
Fed

Riddip

• Forum member
« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2008, 17:24:10 »

wow thats all a bit confusion...

atm i own ss2008 and the ss06 addon. so i will be able to get a chaper version of the ss08 addon.
but are there still plans to make the ss06 expansion pack mission available for ss08? and will customers that plan to buy the full new horizons exppack without the ss06 exppack get this missions too?

and then there is this Dutch Elbe & furie add on. will this be a part of new horizons? if not, when will it be released in other languages?

???

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2008, 17:28:16 »

It's been explained a few times..

The SS06 Addon customers get a free update for their 6 ships to SS08.

The New Horizons addon will have those same 6 ships BUT also 2 new ones and a new environment.

So Ss06 Addon customers do not really have to buy the New Horizons Addon, they would only need the 2 new ships and the new environment.

And so, these new additions will be available to the SS06 Addon customers too, but as standalone payware addons, planned for April, so slightly later than New Horizons

So SS06 Addon customers do not get new horizons cheaper. They just get the same content that they allready had, suited for SS08, for free.

And the Elbe & Furie will not be in New Horizons. And there is no information as to the release of that addon. This will be announced in due time.

Check out the website and the Official topics in "FAQ's And announcements" for news about these things.  It's all described in the official announcements.

Regards,
Fred
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines