Hello Guest April 26, 2024, 19:46:07 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Open sea missions  (Read 7524 times)

Captain Kool

• Forum member
Open sea missions
« on: June 29, 2007, 23:49:19 »

Hello,

I was wondering whether all harbours (inc SS06 harbours) are opened to the sea?
And what harbours can you travell to? E.G. From Mariseille to Rotterdam? Or just local low-quality harbours?

Thankyou!

Bottman

• Global Moderator
Re: Open sea missions
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 12:00:40 »

Nope, they are not opened to the sea. There will be a transfer mode to skip you and your vessel into the open sea or into the next harbour. What do you mean with local low-quality harbours? You will find all the wellknown harbour sites from SS06 and the Solent, Marseille and San Francisco.

Cheers
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!
Look at www.elbdampfer-hamburg.de

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 12:43:52 »

That's a shame :-\

Shipaddict

Captain Kool

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 13:03:42 »

Nope, they are not opened to the sea. There will be a transfer mode to skip you and your vessel into the open sea or into the next harbour. What do you mean with local low-quality harbours? You will find all the wellknown harbour sites from SS06 and the Solent, Marseille and San Francisco.

Cheers

I'm quite dissapointed :( Bottman, is it still good, like whe you switch to open sea are you just out side the harbour or are you in the middle of ocean?

I was looking forward to be leaving the harbour into open sea or re-entering! :(

And DW (don't worry about low quality harbours) :) thanks

oly

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 13:24:47 »

i was just wondering is it possible to sail in open sea from Marseille to san fransisco like a very big distance and like stop on the coast side to pick up passengers to go to san fransisco?

it would be great ::)
Schips are my life,they rock!!
Shipsim 2008 Rules !!
Goossens Oly.

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 13:38:58 »

I to was hoping for entering /leaving harbour still mabe it can't be done to much programing or
something not to worry 13 days and counting till can get my mitts on the 2008

Bottman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007, 15:53:31 »

Well guys, you can leave Marseille heading towards the open sea and you will come miles away from the harbour, but you will stay within the bight of Marseille. The other ports will offer the same possibilities as Hamburg, Rotterdam or New York did before. You can see the open sea, with enough imagination you may smell it, but you will never reach it directly. The transfer mode will take you to the open sea (North Atlantic, Pacific, North Sea...) and that is not as bad as it seems for some of you. Let's wait and see...

Cheers
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2007, 23:31:36 »

That IS a shame, but lets all remember that it is leagues ahead of any sim (including ss06) so lets support it, buy lots of copies and maybe in the future the options develop like msfs did.

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Captain Davies

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2007, 12:06:17 »

Well guys, you can leave Marseille heading towards the open sea and you will come miles away from the harbour, but you will stay within the bight of Marseille. The other ports will offer the same possibilities as Hamburg, Rotterdam or New York did before. You can see the open sea, with enough imagination you may smell it, but you will never reach it directly. The transfer mode will take you to the open sea (North Atlantic, Pacific, North Sea...) and that is not as bad as it seems for some of you. Let's wait and see...

Cheers

So what is the open sea, just an endless area for us to sail around in until we've had enough?  I assume we won't come into sight of land whilst sailing on the open sea?

Bottman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2007, 12:11:05 »

You are right, but it's a very interesting area for storm, huge waves, SOS-missions, night-missions...
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!

Barry

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2007, 15:30:24 »

I wonder why the limitation to harbours and small areas and is the present Quest software able to create a larger area (maybe not?). A large area could have a quite a bit of sea in between 2 or 3  smaller ports and would not need a greater amount of content creation than now, nor would it be heavy on frame rates as mainly sea.

I enquired would large routes be included in future versions say 40 mile to 60 miles (the size I make), and I think they are to be considered. Transporting to open sea and and back to within a harbour does't sound too interesting, at least for me!

The Marseille area is mentioned and the bight of Marseille.
Does that include 2 or more ports within one area?
Or is all the "between ports".  harbour, transport to open sea, then transport to different harbour with that scenery loaded?

Barry

« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 15:33:27 by Barry »

Maik

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2007, 15:35:57 »

but you will stay within the bight of Marseille.

What exactly does this mean?? That you will always see the harbor that you cannot realy sail so far away that you leave the sight of the harbors?

Bottman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2007, 15:46:47 »

To be honest, I never used to try this. But I think you can sail far away, so you will see just a thin landscape at the horizon, perhabs. I´ll try it...

See the screeny, you are far away from the coast, but it looks real good....
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 16:13:28 by Bottman »
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!

Maik

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2007, 16:47:06 »

Thanks for looking into it! Is good enought for me, and if you go further you see a loading screen for the open ocean or how does this work. The transformation of harbor scenery to open ocean.

Bottman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2007, 16:48:36 »

You are right!
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!

Maik

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2007, 18:59:53 »

That's good enough for me :D

Captain Kool

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2007, 09:17:03 »

Do you need to request permission from harbour master before leaving out into deep seas? Especially in smaller ship.

SalcombeShip

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2007, 14:27:52 »

Hello,

I was wondering whether all harbours (inc SS06 harbours) are opened to the sea?
And what harbours can you travell to? E.G. From Mariseille to Rotterdam? Or just local low-quality harbours?

Thankyou!

I don't know weather you can or not... but on rotterdam in SS06 if you keep goin up the river it comes to a opening of the sea... not sure if you can play on it though.... and also the little tiny island you can aswel go in the sea eg.Titanic
Sorry if this is no help!
 :-[ ??? ;D

mporter

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2007, 14:58:35 »

Please stop posting the same message in different fora!
 >:( >:( >:(
Michael Porter Marine Design
www.mp-marine.com

J3nsen

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2007, 15:01:27 »

Yes i agree wid mporter! Make you own topic, or search in the forum, mabye you got the answer in another topic!  >:(

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2007, 15:06:35 »

He only joined today. I checked. So let's not go to hard on the person. Just ask him to delet his posts which were off topic.

Greetings
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines