Hello Guest April 27, 2024, 19:12:32 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new misions  (Read 2406 times)

naauriis

• Forum member
new misions
« on: April 24, 2008, 21:34:06 »

when will be available new missions?
ships moddeler

TerryRussell

Re: new misions
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 21:47:12 »

Hi.

(1)
There are new ones appearing all the time in the Custom Missions menu within the Ship Simulator game. All of these have been quality tested by the Custom Mission Managers.
(2)
There are lots of new missions being posted by people in the Custom Missions thread on this forum. These are not independently tested usually, so you may find that some of them have bugs.
(3)
There are lots of new missions in the New Horizons CD and download. And most of them work properly! And some don't.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 22:14:26 by TerryRussell »

naauriis

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 21:58:17 »

but how I can see misions in custom missions if I have only white list?
ships moddeler

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 22:01:20 »

Hiya naauriis :)

There is a guide available with all the information you need:

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,4005.0.html

Excuse me for interrupting Terry :-[

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 22:21:31 »

naauriis, further to the above, I suspect that the main problem here is detailed in this topic:

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,5097.0.html

Regards.

DJM.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

TerryRussell

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 22:28:06 »

Hi DJM.

No problem my friend. It wasn't obvious from naauriis' first post that there was a problem, so thanks for the links.

As you know, I'm currently a long way from home, with a laptop on my lap typing these responses. All help welcomed!

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 22:31:24 »

:)

Maybe we should stop 'trying' to excuse ourselves Terry, we both seem to be ok with it ;D

You know you could always tell me if I ever 'step on your toes' of course, I'm very easy-going like that :)

TerryRussell

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 22:44:52 »

OK, here is one "get out of jail free" card.  ;D

I think mainly you and I say "excuse me for butting in" for the benefit of the person posting the question, don't we? (Don't frighten the customers!).

I have absolutely no problem with any advice coming from you at any stage, my friend. I don't consider it to be butting in. I can't see that I would ever consider you were stepping on my toes. More a case of "Phew, fixed!".

Quite often one of us has a piece of information not known by the other and we can jointly save a lot of time getting to the root of the problem as we work togther.

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2008, 22:49:02 »

I think mainly you and I say "excuse me for butting in" for the benefit of the person posting the question, don't we? (Don't frighten the customers!).

Absolutely, working in a customer-oriented environment teaches you that I reckon ;)

I have absolutely no problem with any advice coming from you at any stage, my friend. I don't consider it to be butting in. I can't see that I would ever consider you were stepping on my toes. More a case of "Phew, fixed!".

Quite often one of us has a piece of information not known by the other and we can jointly save a lot of time getting to the root of the problem as we work togther.

I totally agree with that my friend, teamwork is a wonderful thing :)  **

** I would've said "great minds think alike", but I keep getting 'brain-drain' just lately ;D

TerryRussell

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2008, 22:55:29 »

** I would've said "great minds think alike", but I keep getting 'brain-drain' just lately ;D

If you likened your brain to the thing in my skull that nature abhorrs, then you're putting yourself down.

Creatures of the planet Marm! We come to consume you.

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2008, 23:00:20 »

Creatures of the planet Marm! We come to consume you.

Not much I can say to that, except " ::) "

;D

TerryRussell

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2008, 23:19:37 »

Well, you could say

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2008, 08:18:42 »

Hi.

(1)
There are new ones appearing all the time in the Custom Missions menu within the Ship Simulator game. All of these have been quality tested by the Custom Mission Managers.
(2)
There are lots of new missions being posted by people in the Custom Missions thread on this forum. These are not independently tested usually, so you may find that some of them have bugs.
(3)
There are lots of new missions in the New Horizons CD and download. And most of them work properly! And some don't.

Speaking of the custom missions some are un-playable because they are not finished eg. missing enviromnts.../Titanic Voyage 2012/ whats the story with that?

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2008, 09:22:20 »

Hiya Third Mate :)

It depends where you obtained your mission from.  The new upload/download system means that uploaded missions will be tested before you download them in-game.  If you got your missions by downloading them directly from the missions board, then you may encounter problems if the mission wasn't tested properly :)

Regards.

DJM.

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2008, 11:39:04 »

Hiya Third Mate :)

It depends where you obtained your mission from.  The new upload/download system means that uploaded missions will be tested before you download them in-game.  If you got your missions by downloading them directly from the missions board, then you may encounter problems if the mission wasn't tested properly :)

Regards.

DJM.

XD

Good One Third Mate

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

LucAtC

• Ship Simulator Developer
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2008, 13:46:00 »

Hello Third Mate,

Speaking of the custom missions some are un-playable because they are not finished eg. missing enviromnts.../Titanic Voyage 2012/ whats the story with that?
Do you mean the mission "Titanic 2" created by mvsmith, or some other one? Perhaps you could explain your problem with this mission more in detail?
Regards,
Luc
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines