Hello Guest April 29, 2024, 08:05:41 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Add-on: New horizon questions  (Read 9408 times)

LucAtC

• Ship Simulator Developer
  • Global Moderator
Re: Add-on: New horizon questions
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2008, 16:51:18 »

Hello,
Thanks for the answer, but being spread (like a certain product), I'll try to repeat so as to avoid misunderstandings. Please correct me if I am wrong.

The pushboat (with the barges), Bugsier2 and the Cornwall environment are three add-ons that will be published separately in April 2008.

These 3 add-ons will also be part of the "Ship Simulator 2008 Add-On: New Horizons" product, to be published in a yet to be disclosed date. This Add-on will (could?) also incorporate the six vessels of the Add-On Pack 2006.

Then, if any changes were done to the characteristics of the 6 ships, will there be any update for them?
Indeed, there are still many people asking for the add-on, so is it better for them to stay away from the SS2006 add-on and wait for the 2008?

Regards,
Luc

TerryRussell

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2008, 22:26:24 »

Hi Luc.

So, even though I have the 2006=>2008 Add-on already, it sounds like it will be a very good idea to purchase the New Horizons add-on when it emerges.

Yes?

LucAtC

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2008, 22:59:50 »

There is, until now, no answer to this question, only fuzzy assumptions.
It could be indeed that the publishing of the separate add-ons (Bugsier2, Deus+Barges and Cornwall) will be delayed so that people having the "add-on2006-upgraded-to-2008" would be tempted to buy the New Horizons Add-on, so that to avoid staying stuck with non-updated 6 ships and lacking the 3 novelties.
Or, a patch to this "add-on06 to 08" would be published separately, and that is the question I was asking.
So, it could be indeed a good idea, but then all the people who just bought the add-on will feel ... hmm don't know how to say that in English.
Regards,
Luc

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2008, 23:21:58 »

What I suspect, but I am not sure, is this:

First, a patch will be released to update the partial SS2008 addon that the SS2006 owners have been promised to get for free. So that "deal" will then have been fulfilled and they get the finished 2006-2008 conversion that way.

Then, there will be single ship/single environment downloads available for the extra content that has been announced in April. Tug, pusher+barges, Cornwall. These will not be free.

And then, for those who didnt have the SS2006 addon (and/or the single addons) yet, these 6 vessels PLUS the extra content, will be released in a complete package. (New Horizon). This will also oviously not be free.

As I said, I do not know this for a fact, but this is what I make of the official announcement.

Regards,
Fred

TerryRussell

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2008, 23:34:18 »

Confused?

No I'm back to thinking I'm senile again.  ???

Personal feedback: I enjoy Shipsim so much that if there was a fee for a single download to give me everything in one hit, I would happily pay it, even if some aspects were duplicated.

If it means 26 upgrade options and different stages, I suspect that many people who would happily pay for a single or double stage upgrade will be put off. If Vstep keep it simple, it will sell best.

eviss

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2008, 23:48:04 »

Hi Luc,

I'm also a bit confused, as what to expect with the release of the new add-on.
There are now several topic's on different levels regarding this. What is and what isn't in the new add-on / patch.

(I removed a link to FRED's answer elswere regarding the official anouncement, since he has reacted while I was typing)

Maybe it helps you to get to the source of the VSTEP comp. You are like FRED a Glob. Mod. isn't it?

I have all the versions of SIMSHIP 2006 and 2008 in the boxes from the beginning in 2006 and like to know, as many other fans, what is next.

vr. gr. Erik

Terry has a good point there
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 00:03:07 by eviss »
THX SF!
Redfox
"Dover-Calais in the same environement !"

LucAtC

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2008, 00:25:18 »

Hello Erik,
You are a bit puzzled, and so am I. Remember, moderators "moderate" a forum, and have no role in the development and no particular relationship with VStep except for the forum. Some are also beta-testers, but the only difference is that they have much more "work" to do.
We have of course other ties in a separate part of the forum, but only to help each other to solve your problems. If I evade a question, it will be of course because I don't know the answer, but also because I know I will not find one.
But the development team is also made of humans (I think?), (eating, sleeping, riding, working, etc..) and they will give an answer, surely if we insist a little bit. But they don't want to give false hopes, nor disappoint their public, so some time is needed to disclose more details.
Of course, the info threw more questions than it gave answers, but tomorrow we'll receive an answer if there is one, so be patient please. And by the way, I am a French moderator, not a Global one. In practice, it means there are only two of us who speak and write in French.
Regards,  ;)
Luc

TerryRussell

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2008, 00:29:36 »

Luc,

Thank you for your help. As I said to Fred a short while ago, I really do appreciate the hard work and kind help that all of the moderators put into this forum. Often you get no thanks, but often you get complaints and sometimes insults.

I appreciate your input very much. You are all great sources of help and good informations. Thank you.

eviss

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2008, 00:44:39 »

Hello Luc,

Thanks for the answer; I'm not so quick in typing English.

I understand your position, and I repect the work that you and other MOD's do, very much.
I just hoped, that there was more / you would get more info, because of your activity's for the forum, or could stimulate the people who did.

I just tried to support your (and other's) confusion, to get to the botom of this.

One suggestion: would it be a good idee to see all releated topics  / threats regarding the new situation in one threat.
Could you / Fred be the helpfull in this?

vr. gr. Erik

THX SF!
Redfox

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2008, 00:48:19 »

Hi eviss,

Let's all just wait till we get a clear answer from VSTEP. It's only just been announced so we'll have to be a bit patient and speculating beyond allready stated suspicions wouldn't help anyway.

Rest assured, when it becomes known, you will read about it.  ;)

Fred

eviss

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2008, 00:53:25 »

Hoi Fred,

Just trying to be friendly, not impatient.

vr. gr. Erik
THX SF!
Redfox

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2008, 00:56:07 »

Hey Erik,

Yeah I know, I was just talking in general, saying "Let wait and see what VSTEP has to say". Didn't mean anything by it!   ;D

There's a few topics with related statements in it, but it won't really help to put them in one spot. Or wasn't that what you meant? The official announcement is easy enough to find though.  :)

groet,
Fred

eviss

• Forum member
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2008, 01:29:07 »

Hallo Fred,

I did see an anwer from you in Tech. Sup. (add-on 2006-2008) what seems to be a translation (your interpretation) of the official statement elswere and I would like it to be known to Luc, who discussed it here.
So that's at least three places where discusions / info to be found, is going on. I switch'd between all of them to follow what was going on as to the new devellopments. I could not get your quote quick to the topic of Luc, so I placed a link.

That was too late because you reacted in between to Luc. See what I mean ?

Just as the one you found: add-on 2006 to 2008 in oct ' 07, if I remember correctly
and reported on the forum then, there was a possability that there was something new today, isn't it.

That's why I suggested an one and only pace to discus this topic, that's all.

vr. gr. Erik
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 02:08:06 by eviss »
THX SF!
Redfox

beechjetkid17

• Forum member
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2008, 01:44:16 »

okay so let me get this straight...the owners of the 2006 add on like myself will get the new add on as a free upgrade?

Dan

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2008, 02:03:17 »

Look here:
http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,3052.0.html

The 6 vessels will be in the free upgrade, the other newly announced content will not.

Regards,
Fred

Frank_VSTEP

« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2008, 13:06:27 »

Then, if any changes were done to the characteristics of the 6 ships, will there be any update for them?
Indeed, there are still many people asking for the add-on, so is it better for them to stay away from the SS2006 add-on and wait for the 2008?

Regards,
Luc

Hi Luc,
The free upgrade is not only a visual one, but will include all the updated characteristics for the vessels. So you will have the latest "characteristics build" so to speak of the vessels just as they will be featured in the New Horizons add-on. 

Look here:
http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,3052.0.html
The 6 vessels will be in the free upgrade, the other newly announced content will not.

Yes Fred, that is quite correct. 

dharl

• Forum member
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2008, 14:06:06 »

Well all very confusing!   I am waiting for the New Add-on to come out before getting it!   I have been wanting to get the 2006 add-on since i bought 2008, but have put it off until 2008 Add-on New Horizon come out.  Hope its soon!  ;D

On a slightly different note, does any of the beta testers know which parts of cornwall is included?  Will we get plymouth Sound  8)  (unlikely from what i have read  :( ) or is it some of the coast?   Though the Cornish coast is lovely, i know it well both from sailing past (on yachts and tankers  ;D ) as well as from on land too!   Do you think we will get a sim surf board to go surfing on!!  :o   Surfs up dudes!  8)

Bottman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2008, 15:42:41 »

Plymouth Sound: no  :-[
Surfer: no  :-X
But one of the developers seems to be a real surf fan, so this could be a question of time.. ::)
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!
Look at www.elbdampfer-hamburg.de

LucAtC

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2008, 23:17:26 »

Hello Frank,  ;)
Thanks for the good news.  :D
Is it already known if the tide heights in the Cornwall environment will be at the map zero level, or at some other level in Padstow (just to know which ships will sail the area) ?
Do you have new pictures too?  ::)
Regards,
Luc

eviss

• Forum member
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2008, 23:25:58 »

Hoi Luc,

Just saw the latest picture's here.

vr. gr. Erik

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,4991.msg52696.html#msg52696
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 23:58:49 by eviss »
THX SF!
Redfox

LucAtC

• Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2008, 00:06:26 »

Hello Erik,  :D
Many thanks, I should have thought that Frank should have posted new pictures at the same time!
vr gr ook,
Luc

sonarman

• Forum member
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2008, 00:08:39 »

Will the "Elbe & Furie" English edition addon be available before New Horizon?

Ifful

• Forum member
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2008, 09:33:01 »

Hoi Luc,

Just saw the latest picture's here.

vr. gr. Erik

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,4991.msg52696.html#msg52696

In the latest pictures, I saw that the anchor on the hull of the classic yacht is still there.  I wonder if they plan to fix that strange situation where, when you lower the anchor, the old anchor graphics remains behind the chain...  (It would be simplest if they just removed the old anchor graphic from the hull, and made it look like all the other boat hulls.)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines