Hello Guest April 29, 2024, 07:33:15 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: interesting hints glithes ect.  (Read 2426 times)

peblozane

• Forum member
interesting hints glithes ect.
« on: February 02, 2008, 21:18:30 »

Hello  :)

If you have any thing interesting you want to share about ship simulator 2008, please tell me.

Plus dose anyone know an easy way to sink ships???

« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 21:50:11 by peblozane »

TerryRussell

Re: interesting hints glithes ect.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 00:45:24 »

Plus dose anyone know an easy way to sink ships???

Yes, hit almost any other vessel and down you go (your own vessel sinks, of course. The AI vessels don't sink).

For example, if in Lattitude and you brush against a sailing yacht, Lattitude will sink and the yacht will be unharmed.

Not like in real life, where Lattitude wouldn't even get a scrape on her paintwork and the yacht would likely be smashed to splinters (or plasticised dust).

peblozane

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 16:15:06 »

thank you for answering me,  :D plus dose anyone know how to control two vessels in a mission or on free rome?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 16:22:31 by peblozane »

mvsmith

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 19:38:01 »

In free roam, you only get one player vessel.
In missions, you control them one at a time. You must switch back and forth among the player ships.

TerryRussell

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 19:51:06 »

In free roam, you only get one player vessel.
In missions, you control them one at a time. You must switch back and forth among the player ships.

Quite right, but provided that there is more than one player ship in the mission. You can't switch to the AI ships or static ships.

Also some mission creators (such as me) don't make other player ships active until the last possible moment, so as to control the way that the mission plays out. You can't switch to an inactive vessel (since it isn't listed anywhere).

peblozane

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 22:13:56 »

Thanks.  Now dose anyone know any hints, gliches or waves that can sink big ships like Titanic, Spirit of Rotterdam ect?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 22:23:02 by peblozane »

TerryRussell

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2008, 22:39:01 »

why do you want to do that?

All you've asked about is how to sink ships. This game is surely about how to NOT sink ships?  :o

peblozane

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 00:57:32 »

Well it is kinda fun to sink ships but if you want to disscus somthing else I have a topic. My titanic has a really annowing glitch there are no smoke staks, masts, and the walls on the bridge are not there and the walls on the floor underneath the deck are gone. dose any one have that glitch?  ??? If so please help me, If I can photo of that glitch to to go along with this writing I will.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 01:00:21 by peblozane »

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2008, 01:00:01 »

My titanic has a really annowing glitch there are no smoke staks, masts, and the walls on the bridge are not there and the walls on the floor underneath the deck are gone . dose any one have that glitch?  ??? If I can photo of that glitch to to go along with this writing I will.

Hiya :)

That's not a glitch, that's a technical problem with your game.  Technical support can only be offered in the appropriate board:

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/board,5.0.html

*  Please note:  To access this area, you will need to register your licence key into your forum profile.  If you're not sure how to do this, please check the General FAQ's or PM a Moderator.

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

mvsmith

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2008, 03:21:38 »

Carl, why don’t you help him out? He is obviously using the Pilot Boat and thinks it’s the Titanic! ;D
Regards,
Marty

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2008, 03:32:47 »

You can sink almost any vessel by using the mission editor and running it into iceburgs.

TerryRussell

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2008, 11:43:05 »

Carl, why don’t you help him out? He is obviously using the Pilot Boat and thinks it’s the Titanic! ;D
Regards,
Marty

I thought he was now in the liferaft, after sinking every ship in the game...  ::)

peblozane

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2008, 23:10:46 »

I only have sank titanic and I can never catch up with any other ship to sink my ship, sorry I'm alittle obsessed with sinking ships plus I'm new to ship simulator 2008.

TerryRussell

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2008, 23:18:32 »

Don't worry. We're just pulling your leg.  ;D

When I first got ShipSim2006, there were some challenges where you take a speedboat over ramps, trying to avoid lots of nearby ships. I spent a lot of time seeing how many sailing yachts I could sink with a single jump. I also found that if you reset the game, the ships already sunk stayed that way. So I raced around sinking every ship in the game and seeing how fast I could do that.

In 2006, if you land on the top of another vessel, they sink nicely.

If you want to sink ships, get ShipSim 2006. It's excellent for that. You can get copies quite cheaply I think.

peblozane

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2008, 23:41:46 »

Diden't you make a video of you hitting a bunch of sail boats with the speed boat and put it on youtube?  Plus thank you for telling me that .
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 23:57:18 by peblozane »

TerryRussell

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2008, 00:08:00 »

No, that wasn't me. I kill ships in secret....  ;D

peblozane

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2008, 00:31:09 »

Well anyways thanks for the advice. ;D Plus that game looks cool i'll probaly buy it.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 02:43:45 by peblozane »

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2008, 11:28:58 »

Regards,
Marty

I thought he was now in the liferaft, after sinking every ship in the game...  ::)

Hehe, you guys are nuts.  Funny though ;D :D
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

TerryRussell

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2008, 18:55:30 »

We aim to entertain....  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines