Hello Guest April 28, 2024, 23:38:36 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Known bugs and issues?  (Read 1448 times)

Ifful

• Forum member
Known bugs and issues?
« on: February 05, 2008, 09:38:36 »

First off, hello everyone.  I just started playing a few days ago and man I’m addicted.  I played on the rough North Sea so long last Sunday that the next day at my office I felt land-sick: everything was swaying.  I love this game!  In a market saturated with flight simulators and first person shooters, this is a truly unique experience, and, for me, a lot more fun than cruising at high altitude.

That said, I was wondering if there is a common list of known bugs to be fixed.  I’ve already read about the horn issue with the addon ships, but what about other stuff?  I’m wondering because I don’t know if it is just me or if other players are experiencing the same problems.  Here are some of them, including bugs and inconveniences:

Graphics Related:

No water splashes against hull in addon ships, even when hitting rough waves head-on.

The classic yacht and fishing boat steering wheels turn the wrong direction when controlled from keyboard keys.  The boat still turns the direction I want, but the wheel is spinning the opposite direction.  This only happens on these 2 addon ships, and only when controlled though the keyboard.  It works fine on an analog joystick.

The P6 patrol boat hull coloring is very strange.  In the light it appears to be dark blue, but in the shade it turns pitch-black.  Not like a shadow, but completely black.

You fall through the aft deck during the walkthru in the addon ship Ocean Star, and can walk though the hull of the addon cargo ship and walk onto water.

There is a small yellow floating polygon in the addon Russian tug.  I believe it is part of the rail, but it is floating in mid-air (relative to the boat).  You can find it if you go out the cockpit, down the stairs, and to the front left side of the cockpit housing.  (This broken polygon also exists on the addon ship in 2006)

Missing windows from various addon ships, allowing broken view of interior.  For example, the fishing boat, you can see though the portholes and see the mess of polygons inside.  This is also true of the Russian tug, and several windows are incorrectly placed on the Ocean Star.

Offset polygons in the multipurpose boat: look at the ceiling-windows at the front of the cockpit.  The vertical bars are off-place.

GUI and Performance:
Doesn't save screen resolution.  Every time I start the game, I have to set the screen resolution to what I want.  It saves every preference but this one.

Save game does not save weather conditions in free roam mode.  If you are in free roam mode and save on a stormy night, when you load it, it will be a calm daytime.

Some boats, such as the classic yacht, constantly slowly turn to the left: I originally thought it was water current drift or strong wind at first, but it happens regardless of the conditions.

Sound related:
Occasionally the Titanic's engines stop making noise.

With the addon ship Classic yacht, the engine continues to make noise even if you shut down the engine.

Controller:
When using game pad with analog sticks, you have to set game to "Percision steering = OFF" if you want the wheel to snap back to the neutral position when you let go of the stick.  But if you do so, you can no longer keep the engine thrust at any set amount, because it also snaps back automatically.  It should be made possible to set Percision steering ON or OFF for each of the main controls: Wheel, Engines, and Thrusters.

Is everyone experiencing these same issues?  Or am I doing something wrong?  Also, once again, is there a public list of known issues so I am not unnecessarily repeating issues that are already being fixed?

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 10:34:59 by Ifful »

J.Ham

• Forum member
Re: Known bugs and issues?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 14:37:37 »

GUI and Performance:
Doesn't save screen resolution.  Every time I start the game, I have to set the screen resolution to what I want.  It saves every preference but this one.
Hello,
Set in windows your collordepth on high (32 bits) thats wat I have done and i don`t have  to change screen resolution every time , hope it works for you. :)
Regards: J.E 
 Quadcore i7 2.93ghz. GF460gtx windows7 64bit 8gig ram

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 15:01:18 »

Hello Ifful, and welcome to the forum!

Regarding the Addon vessels, most - if not all - of these problems are, or have been, dealt with.
The pack you can download here as a "preview" is not complete yet and some features were not finished whilst there also may indeed be some bugs or graphic glichtes you can find.

As for the precision steering, you can toggle it with the SHIFT key. hold down shift. Put the control in the desired postion. release the control and then release shift. And the control stays in place.

Regards,
Fred

Ifful

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 00:37:51 »

Hello,
Set in windows your collordepth on high (32 bits) thats wat I have done and i don`t have  to change screen resolution every time , hope it works for you. :)

Thanks, that solved that issue. :)

Ifful

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 00:42:44 »

Hello Ifful, and welcome to the forum!

Regarding the Addon vessels, most - if not all - of these problems are, or have been, dealt with.
The pack you can download here as a "preview" is not complete yet and some features were not finished whilst there also may indeed be some bugs or graphic glichtes you can find.

As for the precision steering, you can toggle it with the SHIFT key. hold down shift. Put the control in the desired postion. release the control and then release shift. And the control stays in place.

Regards,
Fred

The info about the addon ships is reassuring to hear. :)
Still, there seems to be some problems with other non-addon ships, but hopefully these will be fixed soon.  (I'd really like the P6 if only the shadow side was shaded correctly.) 

As for the shift for percision steering, it worked for me, but still it's a bit troublesome to have to press shift along with the analog stick on my gamepad.  Perhaps the throttle control on a USB flightstick would work better for me.  It's too bad there aren't any boat-based game controllers out there yet.

Thanks again! :)

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 01:07:01 »

Hi Ifful,

My pleasure!

Yes I agree that it would be nicer to have a full toggle option for the precision steering. A true on/off switch instead of the options menu or a press+hold method.

I have allready asked the developers if this would be possible to implement as I felt it would make a good addition myself aswell.

There is one controller in development for nautical sim purposes, it's said to come in the summer of 2008.  it's the ShipDriver unit.

But it's pretty easy (if you have some basic electronics and - for example - woodworking skills) to make something yourself. There's a great gadget for that available too, check out this thread:
http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,4503.0.html

It's partially about using real contols, but is applies to making your own aswell.

I haven't notice the shadow issue on the P6 to be honest, I'll have a look ingame. I do not sail it often I must admitt and usually use 1st person views for realism.

Regards,
Fred
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines