Hello Guest April 27, 2024, 21:18:59 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Night, voyage planning  (Read 2381 times)

SteveLee

• Forum member
Night, voyage planning
« on: June 20, 2007, 03:38:49 »

I was wondering if there will be night scenarios,  I would imagine docking at night must be rather difficult.  Also voyage planning.  I am aware that long voyages are possible on the next version, how do you plan for them in terms of fuel load and such ?  Also I hope there is some sort of time compression.  Another Idea for a location would be the Colombia river which has some really nasty weather, or also the voyage that makes a sailor a sailor rounding the horn.....
Anyway, Happy sailing.  I'd love to hear your responses.
-Steve

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
Re: Night, voyage planning
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 05:37:33 »

Greetings,
Night-missions in harbours,will be not possible for now,because it would take more months to create harbours at night,with all the lights,and make some nightscenery.
I think they are working on a nightmission in open sea.
Regards
Marc
N

Ship Sim

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 22:28:26 »

Thats is what i herd. ;)

joelski

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 22:34:25 »

its sounds great for night mission, even you think about colombia.
but, is there a way to make missions you have a whole world you can floot at, and some missions like, go from The Netherlands - Rotterdam to Germany - Berlin.
LJCommy - ThaLJ

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 23:01:36 »

Greetings,
Night-missions in harbours,will be not possible for now,because it would take more months to create harbours at night,with all the lights,and make some nightscenery.

They had this problem in msts and in the end many night scenery was just daytime scenery with the colours darkened. not ideal, but still passable. lights etc were added later over time

stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines