Hello Guest April 23, 2024, 14:43:57 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

What do you think of the Vessel?

Outstanding
Super
Great
Good
Bad
Very poor
Rubbish
Dreadful

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cunard liner - Lusitania  (Read 22993 times)

Captain Titanic

• Forum member
Re: Cunard liner - Lusitania
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2008, 08:53:47 »

Hiya Captain Titanic :)

I'd like to offer a suggestion.  Maybe addressing other members by their chosen username would be more polite, rather than 'Person'.  Also, a little more diplomacy when replying would be nicer too :)

Regards.

DJM.

Ok.
administrator: www.shipsimulator.heavenforum.com

I like pie!

HSSRAIL

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2009, 04:22:07 »

The funnels were painted black during the World War to make identification more difficult

Dave M

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2009, 21:41:16 »

Hi, HSSRAIL,
Welcome to the forum. You will find a lot of friendly people and a lot of information on the SS08 forum.

Here is a link to the posting guidelines;
http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,11578.0.html

Your comment was relevant and added something to the discussion, but, the last time anyone posted anything here was nearly two years ago. You will find much more up to date discussions on the forum.

Regards, Dave
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950  @ 3.07GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.1GHz

matt5674

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2009, 22:03:57 »

Right Before I get into giving boring info about this ship I want to say that If you dont like this vesel (if you think its bad) please just say so and I shall lock the topic and remove the pictures OK? No need for foul language, just say "I dont like it" And next second It shall be gone. I had to close down 2 other of my modells Ynow...

Ok. Here is the boring info...

Lusitania, Cunard liner, was built by Cunard line along with the Maritinia. It was to make its journey which she would never complete... While she was sailing, she fell a victim of the German U-boat, U20. Which fired a torpedo and made the ship list to starboard and sink in just 18 minuits! There were 48 lifeboats, many more then enough to carry everybody but only 2 were successfully lowerd. Sompe people fell out of the lifeboats while being lowed because of the ships list to starboard, some lifeboats fell of the davits (haveing the people in the see boarding it after) about 1319 people died, including about 100 children.

The building of the Lusitania and the Maritinia made White star line (cunards rival) build another three luxury liners called the Titanic, The Gigantic and the Olympic. Two sunk, the other was sent to the ship breakers after White Star Line merged with Cunard... The Gigantic was renamed the "Britannic" after the Titanic's tragedy.

NOTE! THIS MODEL IS NOT FINISHED! THERE ARE A FEW MORE THINGS TO ADD-ON! (ha! Add-on! Geddit? Ship Sim 2006 ADD-ON? AINT FUNNY! ANYWAY I HAVE TO ADD MORE THINGS E.G. BRIDGE AND ANCHOR

Was that boaring? I hope so. Now on to the pictures...
I like you Lusitania and I searched through the SketchUp warehouse for more Lusitanias and found three, the first one my dad mad is Dreaded designed Lusitania  :thumbdown: labeled as Bad in attachments, the Second is a Better Lusitania than my dad's labeled as Okay, and Last is RMS Gigantic of SU's RMS Lusitania of 1906 labeled as Fantastic, no offense. But Your Lusitania belong betwen Okay, and Fantastic :thumbs:

Wave Music

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2009, 22:41:28 »

I like you Lusitania and I searched through the SketchUp warehouse for more Lusitanias and found three, the first one my dad mad is Dreaded designed Lusitania  :thumbdown: labeled as Bad in attachments, the Second is a Better Lusitania than my dad's labeled as Okay, and Last is RMS Gigantic of SU's RMS Lusitania of 1906 labeled as Fantastic, no offense. But Your Lusitania belong betwen Okay, and Fantastic :thumbs:

I don't think that after nearly 2 years Gloat will come back & reply to you.
keep it gnarly

Wave Music

• Forum member
keep it gnarly

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2009, 08:39:10 »

Kinda boring without that clown though.

We've already had the replacement ::)

:lol:
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Dave M

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2009, 23:31:39 »

Hi all,
This is not 'Small Talk'. I am going to lock this topic.
It is about active design projects.

Dave  :police:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950  @ 3.07GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.1GHz
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines