Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 12:28:53 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Patch  (Read 5921 times)

joakim91

• Forum member
Patch
« on: January 05, 2008, 21:07:39 »

When will the com a new patch to ship simulator 2006 ? Its a longt time ago 1.8 patch com out ? Isent time for a new patch now ?

Shipaddict

• Forum member
Re: Patch
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 21:17:00 »

Hiya :)

I doubt there will be much further development to SS06 now.  :) We have SS08 instead ;)

joakim91

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 23:10:14 »

Hiya :)

I doubt there will be much further development to SS06 now.  :) We have SS08 instead ;)

What?! you can not stop to make patches to a game you have make and i habve buy.  What about 2006 will the never come som new things tto the game again ? give your a **** in that game just for you have make 2008 ?

Edited for language - groennegaard
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 23:27:03 by groennegaard »

groennegaard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 23:30:03 »

What?! you can not stop to make patches to a game you have make and i habve buy.  What about 2006 will the never come som new things tto the game again ? give your a **** in that game just for you have make 2008 ?

Hi joakim91 :)

You don't see Microsoft making patches for Windows 3.11 anymore, do you?

Is there a major deficiency in your SS2006 or why do you need a new patch?

Regards
groennegaard

Locutus-Mouse

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 23:40:52 »

Hi joakim91 :)

You don't see Microsoft making patches for Windows 3.11 anymore, do you?

Nicely said! You could say that the latest patch for SS06 is SS08
Don't mess with the best! 'Cos the best don't mess!

I trust everyone, it's the devil inside them I don't!  

Eelkon

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2008, 00:44:53 »

Yes, you can say that  ;) .
Buth SS08 is a total new game :D

joakim91

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2008, 01:23:24 »

Yes, you can say that  ;) .
Buth SS08 is a total new game :D

That is bad of you i have by 2006 i can not buy everygame your make becausse your not make patch to the older games.

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2008, 09:27:31 »

I have plenty of games on my shelf that have a new version and thus get no more patches. This is perfectly normal. A lot of games do not get patched at all and stay buggy untill there is a new title out and then get forgotten.

And as groennegaard said: What is wrong with your SS2006?

AFAIK it is working properly, so there is no need for a new patch, or do you just want free content added?

Fred

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2008, 10:31:14 »

That is bad of you i have by 2006 i can not buy everygame your make becausse your not make patch to the older games.

A lot of us have bought SS06. A good majority don't mind. I thought I said it quite clear, why work on an old game, when there is a new better one?

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2008, 11:53:12 »

Probably another excuse for not upgrading and spending money on SS2008... ::)
Stick to the SS2006 then if you cannot afford SS2008. Yeah I know I sounds "straight-forward" but I'm a straight-forward person. :P

Or maybe you want a free upgrade from SS2006 to SS2008 without no extra fees? :D
Maybe VSTEP can give you a 100% rebate including a exclusive free VSTEP T-shirt  ;D ;D

Nah.. just joking ;)

Locutus-Mouse

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2008, 12:45:26 »

I only have SS06 and have no problem with it at all. I may purchase SS08 or wait for the one to come after that I don't know and I don't mind. I don't think you can say that SS08 is a new game just as you can't say that window vista is a 'different' programme from windows 98. Yes they are different but window vista is built from xp which as built from me which was built from......see where I'm going. If VSTEP felt is was easier for them to release as new version of Ship Sim rather that adding patch after patch then that's their call and personally I agree. Just as Bill Gates has with windows or would you rather windows 3.1 with service pack 2700000?

For the record SS08 was available when I purchased SS06 and that was my choice

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2008, 12:48:06 »

Just a quick note from me here ;)

XP was actually built from the ground up, it wasn't based on Windows 98.  The backbone of it (NTFS) was based on Windows NT, but it is still a completely 'new' OS ;)

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Locutus-Mouse

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2008, 12:57:44 »

OK my bad but you know what I mean

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2008, 13:00:43 »

My apologies, it seemed like I was nitpicking there :-[

As far as I'm aware, Ship Simulator 2008 has also been completely redesigned from the ground up too ;)

Regards.

DJM.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Locutus-Mouse

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2008, 13:03:35 »

No apologies required my freind. What I'm was trying to say, badly, is that Ship Sim 08 although it is a 'new' Sim it is still Ship Sim

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2008, 13:11:51 »

Agreed, it is still Ship Sim ;D

TJK

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2008, 08:04:59 »

Hi
I Yost installed the 2006 ss again and plaid little around with it.
it's little bit funny then but still ss 08 are so mutts better, so way stick (ss06 i mean) with it, ss 08 are the best in shipsim i think so we can well call that a new "patch"for ss 06( well not quit right that then) it a wherry different Sim with lot of options, new ships, multiply sinking ships, but its fun to play ss 06 to, no Waves Yost steady water wit no wind.
So instead of complaining of no more patch fore ss 06, go and bay Ship simulator 2008 and use ss 06 Yost for nostalgia and fun
But after playing ss 08 and multiply I'm sure you don't mis ss o6, not a bad game that but ss o8 are so diferent and mutts better
Regards
TJK
« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 08:09:35 by TJK »

TerryRussell

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2008, 11:13:09 »

XP was actually built from the ground up, it wasn't based on Windows 98.  The backbone of it (NTFS) was based on Windows NT, but it is still a completely 'new' OS ;)

To be absolutely accurate XP is based almost entirely on Windows 2000 (the Kernel is virtually identical. The drivers and DLLs are virtually, if not absolutely, identical).  But Win 2K was a re-write based on NT4. NT4 was completely new.

All of which has nothing to do with the fact that SS06 works fine. It doesn't need a patch. It ain't never gonna get no patch! (triple negative in one sentence - I win 200 bonus points).

In any case, to upgrade from NT4 to Win2K, from Win2k to X and from XP to Vista, I had to PAY. Support always stops after a while. Even though I have now wiped Vista from every machine we have and gone back to Win2K and XP, I know that support for 2K is reducing. I expect that.

Does someone want to start a new thread so that we can vote:

This thread was started by someone who:

1 - was trying to get a free upgrade
2 - was just yanking our chains
3 - was having a needless whine
4 - all of the above

My vote is for number 4.

Locutus-Mouse

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2008, 13:45:01 »

I vote 4 also!

JoMach

• Dutch Moderator
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2008, 16:24:22 »

The only thing that would be nice for 2006 is the possibillity to config the joystick/steeringwheel like in 2008 version. for the rest it works fine for me. ;D

TerryRussell

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2008, 16:34:59 »

The only thing that would be nice for 2006 is the possibillity to config the joystick/steeringwheel like in 2008 version. for the rest it works fine for me. ;D

Your joystick will have a program to do that for you, with luck. I use a Logitech Joystick and a Saitek Game Pad. Both have utility programs which cause the joystick/game pad to send keypresses. So pushing the "fire 1" button, can be made to send a command for "up arrow" or whatever. I do that with SS06.

You might find that program on the installation disk or perhaps on the manufacturer's web site.

JoMach

• Dutch Moderator
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2008, 17:54:30 »

Oke thanks for the reply Terry, I tryed several times but always problems. I use a logitech dual action gamepad and a steeringwheel from medion.
in 2008 it works perfect.
grt
jomach
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines