Hello Guest April 19, 2024, 13:04:10 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Your hobbies  (Read 8332 times)

Nathanael

• Forum member
Your hobbies
« on: December 24, 2007, 15:22:02 »

Hello again! :)
What was your hobby when you were young, or now if you are still sort of young? I am eleven and my hobbies are...lets see....  ::) directing short films with my camcorder(even though it is a tape one, not a cd one >:() and writing my own short stories.

Happy Christmas!
Nathanael ;D

mitchellboon

• Forum member
Re: Your hobbies
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 17:08:14 »

my hobby,s are fishing on pike FS2004 and shipsim08 and i like watching the A-team

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 18:52:14 »

Apart from the computer (mostly simulators; flightsims, racesims and tactical sims like ofp/arma) I am a musician.

I played guitar and bassguitar for about 16 years or so. Played in dozens of bands throughout these years and these days I play the drums, which I have been doing with a new band for about a year and a half.

alekoy

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2007, 21:44:46 »

...and i like watching the A-team

You are a genious, A-Team rules(ever noticed that whatever B.A. is doing with a car, the shock-absorbers are ALLWAYS thrown away?)

my hobbies are:
computers, electronics, restoring my 67 Chevelle aaand.. sleeping actually :P

trains

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 00:39:58 »

mine are model collecting model trains, ships, cars, and planes and planning model railroad layouts.

thanks to TJK for this awsome sig :D

Radeon HD 6850; AMD FX 4100 3.62 Ghz; 4 GB Ram

Thomas_88

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2007, 09:20:01 »

Hello and Happy Christmas.. :)

My hobbies are parachuting and voluteer fire department (and playing with computer).
Kymenlaakso, University of Applied Sciences. Seafaring, Degree Programme in Marine Technology (Master Mariner)

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2007, 12:24:50 »

Exept for this game & forum,which is a great hobby!!
I play the guitar,now for about 32 years.2 years ago i've purchased my dreamguitar.The Fender(american)stratocaster,crome red 50th anniversary-edition of the company Fender.
Real a beauty.
Regards
Marc
N

mvsmith

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2007, 15:49:21 »

Nice axe, Marc, it must have set you back a bundle!
Regards,
Marty

RJK

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2007, 16:20:31 »

Had lots of hobbies over the years but the major ones were music, last guitar was a Guild D35 that I gave to one of my sons last year. Motorcycling although that was more of a lifestyle than a hobby. Flying, I'm a private pilot and had been very active in the EAA. And fishing, I have a small boat set up for trolling for salmon and lake trout on Lake Michigan.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 16:26:04 by RJK »

gooman

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2007, 18:43:51 »

and i like watching the A-team

But have you ever noticed despite all the gunfire, nobody ever gets shot or hurt?

alekoy

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2007, 00:05:31 »

But have you ever noticed despite all the gunfire, nobody ever gets shot or hurt?
AND: despite all the car crashes, nobody gets hurt there either :P
still, its a good program.

MikaMygg

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2007, 05:07:31 »

Cykling :-\        ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2008, 16:55:07 »

one of my hobbies is: creating scale models of cruise ships.

my first project is called ''SS Argonautica''

it's a model which is 1.85m long, 20cm wide and 39cm high

some pics:

this is the CAD drawing of the project

this is one of the unfinished frame sides

this will be the bow deck

after some days i made these pics

bow deck with cross-sections

and some stff i have for this project

and some 3d drawings of the next step i will take.

that's my current hobby ;D

Brian Walker

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2008, 20:09:52 »

looking good so far Mr Robville.  Is that balsa wood you are working with i wonder?.

My hobbies have been many over the years, starting with the usual Airfix kits but i could never  resist having a go at whatever turned me on at the time.  My early day found me rooting  around in old council rubbish tips looking for any old radios. Building crystal sets followed and shortwave listening became the norm.  I was mad on aircraft as a kid, and spotted from Dover, my home town, all the prop types of the day (1960's). I got to fly in some of em, eg the Bristol Britannia (Whispering giant), Vickers Viscounts and the Handley Page Hastings. The trip back from Singapore was in another obsolete plane now, Dehaviland Comet. 

From aircraft i eventually moved to spacecraft and astronomy, then to Ufology and ended up with anything in the supernatural field, including ghost hunting.  Unfortunately being an old far*, erm 65 years old and prone to back trubs, sitting about cold, draughty, damp old building all night doesn't sound all that inviting so much now.  Made my own web site once.  Thinking of having another go. 

Unfortunately my wallet recently went through a period of accute anorexia, so i had to cut things out.  Flogged all my model railway gear, aand the guitar and amp went too (Would never play like Satriani anyway sigh!).  Basically left with Amateur radio, plane spotting (which i thought i would take up again despite the fact they all look the same now *sigh*) and the computer.  Using the latter for SBS1 (Live Virtual aircraft radar), Ham stuff, Short wave listening  and various games and sims, such as Silent Hunter, Trainz, MS Flight sim, Falcon 4 (stand alone), various space sims and Rail Simulator, which incidentally is a pain to use in 'World editor', as opposed to the easy to use 'Surveyor' in Trainz.

I understand that Microsoft are bringing out Train Sim MK2 soon, hope that it's a vast improvement on the original though.  By far the best steam sound at the moment is on Rail Simulator, but like Ship Sim, they are still ironing out bugs at present, and the instructions in box are totally inadequate. Gone are the days when you got a manual the size of a phone book like the original Falcon 4.  Rail Simulator are providing instructional videos on their site, but it's not the same as perusing a manual at your own leisure in my view anyway.

Reckon that's enough waffling from me.  Mmmmm thinks!, reckon i could write a book too.. Regards, Brian

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2008, 20:28:12 »

looking good so far Mr Robville.  Is that balsa wood you are working with i wonder?.

wow you have a big story :o  ;D

the wood i use currently for the frame is called in dutch ''vurenhout'' which is transilated to ''firewood'' (i think it's not correct) but i will remind that balsa wood, as i see on google images there are a lot of nice models made with balsa wood, thanks  ;D

Brian Walker

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2008, 22:07:05 »

The fact that you are using a harder wood rather than the easier to work with balsa wood, makes your work even more impressive.  Good luck with the modelling my friend. Regards, Brian.

Jackobaker53

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2008, 02:12:17 »

Lets see. I lik eating, drinking (not alchahol at the mo ;)) and model collecting. Right now i am making a plastic scale model of an RNLI severn class lifeboat.
Gypsies call themselves travellers,but most of their caravans dont have wheels

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2008, 12:18:09 »

The fact that you are using a harder wood rather than the easier to work with balsa wood, makes your work even more impressive.  Good luck with the modelling my friend. Regards, Brian.

thanks ;D, i will remember the balsa wood for the details on the ship like sunbeds, balconies, antenna's ect.  ;D

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2008, 12:36:24 »

Many hobbies trough the years...
My fist real hobby was playing keyboards and synthesizers. The next one was astronomy where I did use a small telescope and some large binoculars (russian made) to spot the stars. And in the past years I have been playing drums in a marching band until I did quit in 2007. I have also been doing some plane spotting and have been more or less much more a virtual pilot with Flight Simulator. It was the Flight Simulator game that made me interested in simulators and it also made me to make my first small add-on for Flight Simulator which started my current interest which is 3D modeling and computer graphics. My next hobbie will probably be computer programming since I find computers games really interesting.

So that's my hobbies story ;D
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 12:38:29 by JHB »

Brian Walker

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2008, 15:09:50 »

Dear JHB, i fancied that idea of programming as well, and bought a book called 'Build a Program Now' (Microsoft Visual basic 2005). It made my brain hurt so i hid it underneath my 'Airliner World' mags out of harms way. Regards, Brian.

Tavares Junior

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2008, 07:05:15 »

Nice question,
Its just took me to the good time I had when was a kid, now I'm 31 going to 32y :'(

When I was a kid I had made some model vessel's with old wood form the small yard close to my house, I was always dreaming with ship's on that time I was planning to be a Tug captain, me and other two friends I created our own fleet of ship's, Tugs, Pilot boats all by wood Not the beautfull ones but those had been our own ships and nothing could made us happy than our ships ;D

Today I work as a ship planner and now I'm a member of the Brazilian Marine University studing for Harbor pilotage. What was from a hobby at that good time now is coming on my real life.

My hobby today are:
Surfing, Ship modelling, Radio boat, Garden care, VTS/ VHFRadio/ Weather Observer. I have a nice station of VTS/Radios/WeatherView at home and off course after my dailly study I'm playing on the SS to relax.

Attached are two of my 6 radio controlled boats.

Cheers,
Bring your dreams today in your hands and remember how happy you had been and then You gonna be happy today too.
Tavares Jr
** Open Sea - Radar observer - SMCP - GPS / Chart Plotters / Certifyed yatch Master

pete005

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2008, 23:22:34 »

My hobbies are building r/c boats and operating them

Captain Kool

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2008, 01:06:56 »

Hello!

well my hobbies would have to be surfing, playing football, using simulators, studying on internet for different information I think is interesting, and also playing video games, and ''working''... hehe

Brian Walker

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2008, 01:52:06 »

If that's Ausy rules football you are refering to, i've gotta hand it to you there mate.  Seen it on tv here.  Thought rugger was rough, but the way you guys fly into each other, make me cringe.  Reckon you must be made of rubber or something *Chuckle*.  Regards, Brian

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2008, 15:07:23 »

Nice question,
Its just took me to the good time I had when was a kid, now I'm 31 going to 32y :'(

When I was a kid I had made some model vessel's with old wood form the small yard close to my house, I was always dreaming with ship's on that time I was planning to be a Tug captain, me and other two friends I created our own fleet of ship's, Tugs, Pilot boats all by wood Not the beautfull ones but those had been our own ships and nothing could made us happy than our ships ;D

Today I work as a ship planner and now I'm a member of the Brazilian Marine University studing for Harbor pilotage. What was from a hobby at that good time now is coming on my real life.

My hobby today are:
Surfing, Ship modelling, Radio boat, Garden care, VTS/ VHFRadio/ Weather Observer. I have a nice station of VTS/Radios/WeatherView at home and off course after my dailly study I'm playing on the SS to relax.

Attached are two of my 6 radio controlled boats.

Cheers,
Bring your dreams today in your hands and remember how happy you had been and then You gonna be happy today too.

you do some serious stuff!  :o awsome models  ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines