Hello Guest April 28, 2024, 16:47:55 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Would you like a patch to be released that will improve the games current sound quality?

Yes, definetly!
- 54 (78.3%)
Don't care really.
- 10 (14.5%)
What ever
- 3 (4.3%)
Nope!
- 2 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advanced Sound Effects  (Read 4999 times)

Lighthouse

• Forum member
Re: Advanced Sound Effects
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2008, 00:47:14 »

Hi,

Well as you can see I have closed the poll as this topic has obviously gone dead. So the total results are in!

With a total count of 54 votes, Yes definetly takes out the win.

Second on 10 votes, don't care.

Third on 3 votes, what ever

and last on 2 votes, nope!

**************************************************************************************

I'd like to take a moment to thank all members who took part in this poll, along with the members who left their requests for this advanced sound effects patch.

I'd also like to thank TerryRussell for taking part in this Advance Sound Effects topic by put foward his attempt to mod the radio chatter as it was well suited to the topic! I'd also like to thank Mad_Fred for have both negitive and positive views of this topic.

Once again thanks all involved and hopefully this patch is considered by VSTEP!

Bon Voyage,

Lighthouse
The lighthouse, added in the 1820s to aid navigation for vessels using the deep water channels. It is still in use today and plays a central role in the navigational system for ships entering coastal Harbours.

TerryRussell

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2008, 00:54:24 »

Hi Lighthouse.

Thanks for your kind comments. The good news is that by swapping the chatter files, the sound in the wheelhouse is altered. I currently have the sounds of Bach playing in my wheelhouse.

I haven't had time to try the next stage which is to develop a routine that can detect which environment I am in and change the sounds accordingly. Assuming it's possible, I'll probably talk directly to the developers and see what can be done.

Lighthouse

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2008, 04:19:26 »

Hi TerryRussell,

Congrates on swapping the files! Btw good luck with the next stage and please, feel free to keep us updated on your progress here.

Good luck,

Bon Voyage,

Lighthouse
The lighthouse, added in the 1820s to aid navigation for vessels using the deep water channels. It is still in use today and plays a central role in the navigational system for ships entering coastal Harbours.

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2008, 04:31:30 »

I'd also like to thank Mad_Fred for have both negitive and positive views of this topic.

Thanks, Lighthouse!  :)

Fred

dharl

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2008, 10:28:49 »

Hi Terry, Lighthouse and Fred

I am glad that you have found a way to change the data files....might have ago at it myself as I grew up in Poole and the Solent and miss listening to Solent Coast Guard etc!   

Also as have been mentioned on this thread, and others, it would be good if we had different radio chatter for different regions!

Happy Sailing to all in 2008!  ;D

steveboston

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2008, 21:35:50 »

Terry has the right idea! For a screenshot explaining what we mean check out my recent post in 'Feature requests' on the subject 'Radio Chatter' Anything on mp3 format seems to play OK regardless of length.
The sim could be updated to switch to the correct folder - if they had one for each area - at selection time. Meanwhile I just rotate a selection of songs into the 'radio' folder and keep the original backed up as 'old radio'.
Somewhere over the rainbow,
weigh a pie.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines