Hello Guest April 30, 2024, 10:57:20 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I though all email after register will be remain private  (Read 2023 times)

Neelix79

• Forum member
I though all email after register will be remain private
« on: November 10, 2007, 15:31:41 »

I though all email after register will be remain private. I got email say they found my email by www.shipsim.com
"Letter of Relationship and Establishment Aid.
Abidjan Cote d' Ivoire West Africa.
Tel+22508516696
Attention: Respectful
Greetings and How are you Dear Friend.I am Celina Doudou from Ivory Coast in West Africa.I am a member of the same forum site you registered www.shipsim.com  that is where I saw your email address to contact you..."

To whom wrote this email i dont belive for a min. I has been getting this email million time. claim someone family die that own gold miner, Diamond miner and many bullshit. claim that i have power to transfer bank account then transfer to back them and let me keep few money. I dont belive this crap. I has been get this email since i was 15 year old. Start at high school. First time i bought and almost get me in trouble with parent. they was after for my money my info. stole id. Email has foward to FBI and NSA. I contact them about it they say just send them this email to them. because they're look for who wrote this scam.

I hope admin of simship will do something about keep those email private. Their email that wrote from (i bet it's 2nd email account but worth try look around something like that) amina_cel14@yahoo.com.hk

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
Re: I though all email after register will be remain private
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 16:06:53 »

Hi,

Ignore it and blacklist them. It's bogus.

I read in some other thread that there have been others that received the same email. I didn't get one but I had one that looks kinda similar through another forum I visit.

Maybe you didn't check the "hide email from public" option?! Because I can see it in your profile. AFAIK it is not hidden by default but you have to check that box. (IIRC)
It can be found under "account related settings", in case you don't allready know.

Fred

groennegaard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 16:09:06 »

Hi Neelix79 :)

I agree that this is a most unfortunate case. We are trying to do everything to prevent this but it is difficult to tell who is here for collecting email-adresses and who is here for SS. It is imposible.

What you can do is to hide your email adress. Go to your forum profile and select 'Account Related Settings'. Then you should see the attached form. Check the box 'Hide email address from public?' and your email adress will be hidden from other forum members. You can use the PM system to communicate with other members.

Regards
groennegaard

EDIT: Sorry Mad_Fred, :-[ Didn't see that you've had already replied on this one.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 16:13:25 by groennegaard »

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 16:16:50 »

No need for apologies, good Sir!

captainmcd

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 21:35:27 »

Hello Shipsim fans.   I did not hide my e-mail, and got the letter quoted below in case someone is interested.  Usually such idiots will not tell where they got your email address, usually from postings on bulletin boards.  I hope that most of us on this forum are aware of these scams and ignore them.   I will keep my address public inspite of such spam, since I would not like to miss some more important communication.  I have called at the port of Abidjan and found it to be an expensive place to visit. ;)

Letter of Relationship and Establishment Aid.
Abidjan Cote d' Ivoire West Africa.
Tel+22508516696
Attention: Respectful
Greetings and How are you Dear Friend.I am Celina Doudou from Ivory Coast in West Africa.I am a member of the same forum site you registered www.shipsim.com  that is where I came accross your profile and saw your email address to contact you,I would like you to Please permit me to apply through this medium for your cooperation  to secure an opportunity to invest and do joint relationship and establishment with you in your country.
As I have a substantial capital which I honourably Inherited from my late father Chief Emile Boga Doudou  who was the minister of Interior and also have Cocao and Coffee plantation and deals in Gold, Diamond Mining and Trading in bouake Northern District of Coted' Ivoire in Western Africa.Before the Epmigo Rebels killed Him during the political crisis on the  mutiny rebellion upraising that equally lead to the death of former military junta Robert Guei.
I am contacting you because of my need to deal with honest person whom I can lay trust and personal confidence on with hope that he will not let me down,because since the murder of my father,I have been subjected to all sorts of harassment and intimidation with lots of negative reports emanating from the rebellion people due to this political crisis we are facing which have resulted to war in some part of our country Cote d' Ivoire in West Africa since this past years.
 I legitmately inherited this sum from my late father who died recently and I intend to invest this money in profitable areas in your country into a very lucratives business venture of which you are to advise and execute the  venture over there for the mutual benefits of both of us.
Most especially is for you to help me come over to your base if possible for You be able co-operate with me to become my business partner in your country and create ideas on how  money will be invested, properly managed and the type of investment after the money  is transferred to your custody with your assistance.I inherited this sum from my late father  whom the rebels killed because he was not supporting their selfish interest to topple the president Gbagbo the present president of Cote d' Ivoire in West Africa.
I want to consider my situation and reply me on the indication of your willingness to  handle this transaction sincerely by protecting my Interest and upon your acceptance of this proposal.I will furnish you with the full details information, procedure on how to continue.The exact amount involved is the sum of Nine Million Five Hundred Thousand  USD ($9.500.000.00)USD
If you accept to associate with me,both of us will mutually agree on your percentage interest and share holding for helping me to secure the release of the deposit and investing the money into  lucratives profitable venture in your care.I will be glad to reserve this respect and opportunity for you if you so desire to relate with me with good mind and honesty. I do urge  you to kindly give this matter your immediate attention and the maximum seriousness it deserves for the smooth achievement of the aim.
I want you to be rest assured that everything is in order and legitimate it was due to the political crisis in our country that have resulted to war in some part of our region which have cause everybody to find a way of geting out from  the country,for this reason I use this medium to request for your assistance with hope that you will not let down the confidence I have already reposed on you.
This money is legitimately acquired by my late father from sales of Cocoa and Coffee and Diamond dealings.If it interests you Please forward your reply including your telephone number and fiscal address to my private email address so that I can provide you with more clarifications and details about it all.Thanks for your understanding and future cooperations.
Sincerely
Celina Doudou
Abidjan Cote d' Ivoire
A collision at sea can ruin your entire day.
Thucydides, 500 BC

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 23:03:46 »

I too got this email today. Immediately I put where it belongs: in the bin.  ;D

Kev
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2007, 23:09:18 »

Immediately I put where it belongs: in the bin.  ;D

Always a good idea ;D
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2007, 23:12:58 »

Another point: why are they still using US dollars? I would have thought they'd heard the US dollar is at its 26-year lowest against the UK Sterling, Canadian dollars, Euro etc.

Even a supermodel has recently said she wants to be paid in Euros instead of US dollars!

A big tut-tut to the Africans for not doing their homework properly!  ;)
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

Voics

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2007, 09:33:22 »

Mate, tell her you've just turned 18 and haven't got a bank account and it costs $50 to open one but you've spent your last dollar on Ship Sim. You're keen to do business but first she has to send you the cash  ;)

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2007, 09:38:10 »

There is no "her"    ;D

She does not exsist, it's just a scam. The bin is indeed the only place for these bogus attempts to trick people in doing something stupid. I mean, come on.. her name is Doudou... smells like something if you ask me..   ;D

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2007, 17:47:10 »

There is no "her"    ;D

She does not exsist, it's just a scam. The bin is indeed the only place for these bogus attempts to trick people in doing something stupid. I mean, come on.. her name is Doudou... smells like something if you ask me..   ;D

I think we realised that...

You can have fun with them though. Reply (using a spare email) bombard them with 100s of emails seeking assurances and then after they've spent lots of time on you- THEN delete them... Like putting cold sales calls on hold for half hour.

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines