Hello Guest April 29, 2024, 23:43:01 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: LISCENSE KEY NOT WORKING????  (Read 7965 times)

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
Re: LISCENSE KEY NOT WORKING????
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2007, 23:11:10 »

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to say that the license key is activated finally and that the editor works great!!! Thank you for all your help everyone!!! ;D

Excellent news my friend, thanks for letting us know ;D

Have fun creating those missions :D

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2007, 11:20:32 »

No problem,i'm glad all system works now.
If something happens again(which i hope not),you can call us back.
Enjoy the game.
marc
N

Roebot 65

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2007, 16:50:08 »

:) It might be behind the manual

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2007, 18:20:46 »

I bought the game off of amazon.com     It was factory sealed in the ship sim 2008 box.
It has the liscense key on the back of the manual but it doesnt work

I think he knew that allready  ;)

vandborg

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2008, 16:46:07 »

I have the same problem. I have bought the game at Simmarket at friday and I can not enter my key - get the message " invalid key". I have sent a message to support. I looks like generated key´s from 2´ sellers are not generated correct.

dave in brampton

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2008, 23:41:25 »

Is SS08 going to be available in Canada anytime soon?
It is a shame that Amazon Canada does not list SS08 as yet. ???
Nor it is listed with any of the software dealers I have inquired at.
edit: after some googling, I find SS08 has been released in Canada this week  :D
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 23:54:19 by dave in brampton »

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2008, 01:43:09 »

That's a weird story, Snaptrap. You should not be able to change digits at random and still be able to have it work.

I once mistyped my key too, and it did not work at all. Might I suggest you try the same with the forum profile, so that - if there is a real problem here - we can be made aware of this.

Thanks,

Fred

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2008, 02:04:31 »

Okay, then I wonder..

Why would you go, an purposly type in the wrong key, and a few times too.. when you have a valid key at hand?

I must suggest you register you license key to your forum profile because I am afraid I think your story is a bit dodgy. I can't see a reason for anyone to try what you did so I honestly doubt your license key validity.

I would appreciate it a lot if you proved me wrong!

Regards,
Fred

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2008, 02:14:23 »

I tried it with a key from the net because the last time I registered my key with a website, it ended up being used in a collection of pirated software, and as a result, my key was blacklisted. I can just use one of the other keys created, but I prefer the original.

If you have a valid license key and somehow (never happened before here AFAIK) this key ends up on the black list, then VSTEP will replace it for you, you will be helped out in such a case, I guarantee you this. As long as you can prove you own a valid copy you should not fear this.

The site is more restrictive towards flawed keys as the code for a website isn't as prone to quirks as software.

In other words, the key from the net unlocks your game but does not work on the forum?  ::)

You allready owned up to having used an illegal key before. So I repeat, please register your original license key into your forum profile. Failing to do so will result in a ban!

Regards,
Fred
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 02:20:06 by Mad_Fred »

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2008, 02:22:45 »

Okay I know enough. ;D

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2008, 03:27:18 »

So you suggest I leave my car locked away in the garage with the doors boarded up too, in case someone steals it and uses it in a bank robbery as a getaway car?  :)

You have installed the game with an illegal key. This is not a big issue, IF you really own the game. But you have to admit it does sound a bit suspicious. This is not common at all.

And the fact that your key works, does not mean it can't be pirated. illegal keys work, for the game. We have had plenty of members here that oviously were playing with a blacklisted key but who were found out about when they tried to get on the forum with it. But you can't use the patches AFAIK, and didnt you report patch V1.3 not working in another topic?

We cannot force you to register your key into the forum, obviously. But as far as the game goes, you don't own it. VSTEP owns the software, you only buy a license to use it. Your reason for not registering it, in my eyes, is weird. You bought it, why not use it? VSTEP is not EA. And if you prove you have it, you will never be banned or blacklisted, even when someone happens to get a hold of your key without you knowing this or when it's not your fault whatsoever.

The people at VSTEP are very helpfull and if you have done nothing wrong you will be helped. Not just disregarded as "another pirate" as an inpersonal giant like EA would do. VSTEP actually care about their customers, EA just cares about money. (Is my personal experience with them when I had problems with their products)

Why pass up on the restricted areas of the forum when this is something else you have a right to with the product you have bought, is what I wonder? You're not protecting VSTEP from someone using your key illegally or yourself from getting into trouble if this happens, you're only limiting your own enjoyment, as far as I am concerned. People that want to do wrong WILL do so anyway, wether you register your valid key or not. So that's why I think your reason is a weird one. But i will be the first to apologize if I would be proven wrong.

So....I guess you just have to miss out on technical support and other extras like added content, multiplayer and of course bug fixes.

Regards,
Fred

« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 03:32:11 by Mad_Fred »

mvsmith

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2008, 07:19:16 »

Fred, there is not much point wasting time with a clown who obviously does not own a legal copy of the game. If he did own a legal copy and refused to register the correct key, he would be an idiot.
Of course you can run the game on any key that has the required checksum, and you can eventually type one by accident. But only the key that was issued with the purchase will allow him into the forums where he can get any help or access to downloads. Just ignore him.
If he continues to be a pest on the public boards, you can just start deleting his posts as they appear.

Regards,
Marty
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 07:22:43 by mvsmith »

katiejayne

• Forum member
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2008, 15:50:32 »

would it be possible for some one to pm me with the 1.3 version license key because i havent got one i would much appreciate it i love this game but cant afford to buy sorry were not all rich and famous and sorry for the trouble!

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2008, 15:57:54 »

Hello katiejayne,

The license key needed for V1.3 is the same license key that comes with the game.

But, as you have noticed, an illegal license key from the net wont work with it.
This is because it is ILLEGAL to use pirated software. And not having any money to buy it is NO EXCUSE!
You could always try and make some money some way. It's not that expensive.

Thieves will not be helped here, and you obviously admit to using an illegal version of the game, so that is what you are!

Regards,
Fred

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2008, 15:58:33 »

Fred posted before me again ::)

holyherner

• Forum member
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2008, 06:06:57 »

hi friends!
I´ve got a problem with the key too! I followed the steps at the newssite to get the addon. i entered my key in the profile,and it comes a massage that i registred ship simulator 2008,but it doesn´t appear the butten "get your free ship simulator 2008 license key"!!!   What to do now?

i´vee bought the game boxed in a shopping mall called "Karstadt", it was original packed!!

Another question,can i download the comlete game for free,if ive got a working license key? (my CD-Rom isn´t working correct)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 09:08:17 by holyherner »

groennegaard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2008, 09:21:17 »

Hi Holyherner :)

The free 2008 add-on licence key requires both the SS2008 key and the SS2006 add-on key. If you don't have the SS2006 add-on, you can't get the 2008 version of that add-on for free.

Regards
groennegaard

holyherner

• Forum member
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2008, 10:14:30 »

ok,many thanks for instant-answer! :)    -can i buy the add on for 2008 only?
Another question,can i download the comlete game for free,if ive got a working license key?

And best greetings to Dansk :)

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2008, 16:52:26 »

Hi holyherner, welcome to the forum!

You cannot buy the 2008 addon YET, as it isn't released yet.

But you CAN buy the SS2006 addon. When you have this, it will give you free acces to the allreade released "preview" of the 2008 version. This was only released to the SS2006 addon customers.

As Groennegaard says, you need both the 2008 and 2006 Addon licensekeys in your profile to get that "preview".

For the official statement check this thread:
http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,3052.0.html

As for the CDROM not working. The best thing to do is go back to Karstadt and try to get a new one, as this one is obviously faulty then. It's not a big deal to be using an illegal download with a proper license key if all else fails, but you will probably not be able to use any of the patches and upgrades and using illegal software can be a risk because virusses and trojans are often spread this way.

So I would strongly advice against it. If your complaint about a broken CD is legit and you cannot get help from Karstadt, perhaps it will be best to contant VSTEP first, before going off and illegally downloading the game.

Send an email to: info@shipsim.com ,if you can't get a new copy from Karstadt. Explain the situation and if you have your proof of purchase, maybe they can help you out!

Regards,
Fred

holyherner

• Forum member
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2008, 13:30:54 »

hi! now,ive got a new cd-rom drive,and all works fine,but niw i´ve installed the update 1.0 to 1.3 and there comes an error massage when startin. it says: Quest Viewer.exe doesn´t work!!! the startup loeadscrenn finished up to 67% then i get the error! i started the game in win 98 compatibily mode,and it starts and works! what to do?

TerryRussell

« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2008, 18:55:44 »

I'd suggest running it in Win98 compatability mode then. If it works, excellent!

But, if you want to start a new thread in the Technical Support section of this site and post your DXdiag results there, I'll happily take a look for you.

This is a most peculiar thread, with its twists and turns. Better than watching the Supranos!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 21:33:42 by TerryRussell »

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2008, 21:31:24 »

All Technical support requests can only be answered in the relevant board :)

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/board,5.0.html

* Please note:  To access this area, you will need to register your licence key into your forum profile.  If you're not sure how to do this, please check the General FAQ's or PM a Moderator.

Rgeards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

TerryRussell

« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2008, 13:14:09 »

Hi DJM.

Transferred and found to be a very old copy of XP with no updates since the Microsft validation tool was introduced. Hmm.....

Can you confirm that a user has a valid copy of SHip Sim (i.e. where the license key hasn't been copied from a friend)?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines