Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 18:13:43 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: In Memoriam - Fred Toebes  (Read 10897 times)

Mr Robville

• Administrator
In Memoriam - Fred Toebes
« on: October 07, 2021, 08:07:35 »

At this moment I am still a bit at a loss of words being shocked from the news, so my apologies for the briefness of this message.

I regret to inform you all that our administrator and good friend Fred Toebes, a.k.a. Mad_Fred, has passed away last Tuesday on the 5th of Oktober.

Fred was an integral part of the Ship Simulator community and was always ready to help. I've learned a ton from him during my time as an administrator here.

Over the years and especially during this forum's heydays, pretty much everyone had a talk with him at some point. Agreements or disagreements, Fred was someone who always had the best intentions with everyone and made time for them. He was a honest person down to the core and was truly a one of a kind.

Because of that, he wasn't just a great administrator, but a great part of the community as well. He'll truly be missed.

Fair winds and following seas my friend.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 21:21:14 by Mr Robville »

Brave Sir Charge

Re: In Memoriam - Fred Toebes
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2021, 21:18:20 »

That's really sad. Condoleances to his family and friends.

danny

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2021, 15:09:45 »

Fred,

I didn't always agree with you, but I know you were acting with the best interest of everyone at heart. You steered the forum through the good times of SS06 and SS08, and the bad of SSE. The steady hand will be deeply missed when Nautis home launches.

You had a unique administration style - Always approachable, no matter the problem, taking pride in offering unbiased advice, help and support whenever someone asked.

The pillar of the community, you undoubtedly had a huge part to play in helping the forum flourish. You'll be missed by all.

Fair winds and following seas, Fred.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 17:25:50 by danny »
STCW II/1 Unlimited Officer Of the Watch.
Big or small, I'll sail 'em all!

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2021, 22:45:50 »

Sad to hear.

whitestarline1912

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2021, 06:02:09 »

I'm deeply saddened to hear this. Mad_Fred was always kind to me in our interactions, even when I was being unruly. I say that cause I was a kid then. I've grown into adulthood now but remember his kindness to this day. Always helped me however he could. It pains to hear of his passing. My thoughts go out to him and his family. Thanks for being there mate.

saken

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2021, 12:28:49 »

What in... I have no words... except I'm very sorry to hear this. I talked with him every now and then... I might not be very active here anymore (as I was in the early years), but I did communicate quite a lot with him. When I read it was he who had passed, I was shocked to say the least... Rest In Peace my friend :(
Known as "saken41" back in 2006, when I used that account :)

clanky

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2021, 16:35:13 »

Deeply saddened to read this.

emmer

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2021, 21:06:42 »

mutch to late  but from the hart  rest in peace my vriend we will mis you i read this message that fred toebes is past away
having not on the forum for a long time
did massive work in shipsim and olso helpfull if there was a problem
i have a big schock wen i read this ,he was verry helpfull for me amd my dutxh friends to surprice  them
he will have a special place in my shipsim heart

bye fred toebes ,mad fred
wewill olways remeber you 

grtz cor  olso emmer
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines