Hello Guest March 29, 2024, 01:47:09 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Home Simulator Bridge Console  (Read 5244 times)

felix1995

• Forum member
Home Simulator Bridge Console
« on: November 24, 2020, 14:29:47 »

Hi folks,
I have been a fan of vstep and the ship simulators for many years now. For some years now i have been increasing my efforts and building a bridge console for home use.The project was powered by my nautical and ship technical studies and my seafaring time on container ships. The project is still growing, but I wanted to show my previous stand and am looking forward to your comments.

The bridge console has the following functions:
2x throttle
2x thruster
1x rudder
3x camera
many buttons

A conning display (Vehicle Simulator Framework NMEA)
A chartplotter (OpenCPN, Ship Sim 2008)
VHF radio (internal communication)
USB connection
VGA connection
2x HDMI connection

Traddles

• Global Moderator
Re: Home Simulator Bridge Console
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 21:12:01 »

That is very impressive. I am sorry that I do not understand the technical aspect of your work, but it is a quite remarkable job you have done.
Regards,

Angus

Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

felix1995

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 15:43:01 »

Thanks a lot. I’m now building a smaller version of the bridge console for local multiplayer activities. This works already very fine. I have tested it with the winner on the main console and a small tugboat on the smaller version. The small version is still a little bit basic and needs to be finished.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 15:44:36 by felix1995 »

petecaler

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2020, 22:27:01 »

Hi folks,
I have been a fan of vstep and the ship simulators for many years now. For some years now i have been increasing my efforts and building a bridge console for home use.The project was powered by my nautical and ship technical studies and my seafaring time on container ships. The project is still growing, but I wanted to show my previous stand and am looking forward to your comments.

Very impressive!

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2020, 22:47:11 »

Oh wow, that looks great

MaikGrnto

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2020, 05:13:28 »

I'd really like to build something like this but more oriented towards tugs with Z-Drive controls.

The main issue being actual azimuth controls are around $600 and I'm not exactly sure how I'd go about wiring them up or interfacing them with Shipsim.

Hopefully once Nautis home releases there will be some support for some of the professional simulator products VSTEP produces for the main version of Nautis.
AB on NOAA Research Ships

schnellboot

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2021, 01:34:22 »

Epic work! Do I understand you right that you are using OpenCPN via NMEA with Ship Simulator 2008? How do you accomplish this? SS08 cant output any NMEA as far as I know.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines