Hello Guest April 29, 2024, 13:37:28 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Slider position vs wave height  (Read 184 times)

ACR

• Forum member
Slider position vs wave height
« on: March 13, 2024, 22:05:42 »

Hello !

I just reinstalled sse and have fun with it ! Long time since release but the game still has some bite in it but Not sure if the forum is still active

One question : is there any reference to the wave height vs the actual slider position in enviroment settings ?

It seems to be non linear , so pushing the slider twice the way does not reflect in double wave height .

I can only read 'light breeze' 'stormy' etc at all and guess.

Thanks !

WillisP20092

Re: Slider position vs wave height
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2024, 20:57:17 »

Hey ACR,

So do you mean the description of the wave height? It only shows the pre-defined conditions, you cannot have double the height of waves if you double click. Hope this helps.

Willis

stormforce

• Special MP Album Contributor
  • Forum member
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2024, 21:02:25 »

Hi, each map has a combination of 'inland', 'costal' and 'off-shore' water areas. The wave-height setting is relative to these areas.

i.e. you cannot have much more than a ripple in 'inland' waters regardless of the wave-height setting.

To get good waves max out the wave-height and choose a map with large 'off-shore' water areas.

Marseille is a good example, the further out you get from the port the higher the waves are.

Hope this helps your understanding of how SSE treats waves.
stormforce

ACR

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2024, 14:50:08 »

Maybe i explained my question wrong :

If i have the wave slider in a atlantic ocean scenario set at half - what wave height is this ? And what wave height at 1/4 etc ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines