Hello Guest March 29, 2024, 00:50:48 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unable to download locked Custom Missions  (Read 11247 times)

Boardwriter

• Forum member
Unable to download locked Custom Missions
« on: March 07, 2017, 14:47:26 »

There are scenarios in ShipSim 2008 Custom Missions. These have a lock on them. My question is, how do I download them? When I select Download there is the impression that it is downloading and then the message that it's not downloading perhaps because of a bad internet connection and to try again later. Does anyone know how to download these? The last one on the list of downloadable games is WWII Salvage Part 2. After this is a ton of missions.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
Re: Unable to download locked Custom Missions
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 18:00:27 »

Hi Boardwriter,
Unfortunately the download system for SS2008 is out of action, in fact it is permanently out of action, I do not know why :o ???. However, all is not lost for you. :thumbs: I have nearly all the custom missions for SS2008 in a very big folder which I can send to you via "WeTransfer". You may not have heard of this system, but it is a FREE method of Emailing large folders. My missions are in a zipped folder which you just need to unzip into your custom missions folder. I have done this in the past for quite a few players who have had the problem you have found. If you Email me with your Email address I will do this. I will send You a PM with my address in it OK? Oops, I see your address is showing in your profile, so just let me know if you want me to do this for you.
Kind regards,
Angus.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 18:25:08 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

frenshiplover

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 12:44:37 »

Bonjour

May I have this too please ?
And have you uan idea to solve my pb about surface pro 4 (see my topic: I have tne code number on my cdrom...but with the demo SM2008 installed on my tablet...only the demo run, normal but...no possibility to enter any code of my brought game  for unloocking the missions)
Thanks.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 13:01:40 »

Hi frenshiplover,
It is no use to send you the missions until you have your game working properly. If your tablet has no DVD drive, you could buy an external drive which could be connected to your tablet with a USB connection. (I have checked and find you have a USB3 connection on your tablet, external drives are really very cheap.) If that is not possible the only thing I can suggest is to buy the download version from Vstep, that way you would not need a DVD drive. I'm sorry I cannot be of more help for you.

Kind regards,
Angus
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 13:24:49 by Traddles »

frenshiplover

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 18:14:54 »

Thank you Angus

frenshiplover

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2017, 18:17:31 »

..in fact  my SSE works without problem on my main PC (W7, core I5,Gforce GX660)..so it was for that computer I asked you to dowload locked custom missions.
Thanks you

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2017, 18:24:28 »

Hi frenshiplover,
Do you mean SS2008? You were asking about that game originally.
The download system for SSE is working perfectly still.

Angus.

frenshiplover

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2017, 14:24:19 »

Hi Angus
No i mean now SSE (I have it on my pc gamer windows seven )
TY

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2017, 20:20:12 »

Hi frenshiplover,
I'm afraid I do not understand exactly what it is that is your problem. The folder of missions I have is for SS2008, not SSE. The missions in SSE are not locked and are still freely available in the "download content" section in the game. Do you have SS2008 on your main PC? If you do, then I can send you the folder, but if you game is not working then it is pointless. I see that you have not registered your SS2008 game just as you explained in your earlier post. Do you understand what I am saying? I should point out that this is the SS2008 forum that you are posting in.

Angus.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 20:23:30 by Traddles »

frenshiplover

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2017, 18:41:01 »

Hi Angus...sorry
In fact i was talking about free mission to download for SSE (i have that SSE in my main game  computer): there was a time when that missions can be downloaded in shipsim.com...but not any more now (i speak of free missions to dowload for SSE edition).
So it doesn't matter. Thank you for all.

Boardwriter

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2017, 15:08:14 »

Hi Angus. I thought that I had SS2008 ,Jumbo Javelin, New Horizons & ShipSim Extremes all Registered. I'm not sure where I put the Extremes password but I do have the other three. Half way down the Custom Missions all the scenarios are locked and trying to download any gives a negative result even though I have my name & flag showing on-line.

Boardwriter

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2017, 15:11:02 »

Hi Boardwriter,
Unfortunately the download system for SS2008 is out of action, in fact it is permanently out of action, I do not know why :o ???. However, all is not lost for you. :thumbs: I have nearly all the custom missions for SS2008 in a very big folder which I can send to you via "WeTransfer". You may not have heard of this system, but it is a FREE method of Emailing large folders. My missions are in a zipped folder which you just need to unzip into your custom missions folder. I have done this in the past for quite a few players who have had the problem you have found. If you Email me with your Email address I will do this. I will send You a PM with my address in it OK? Oops, I see your address is showing in your profile, so just let me know if you want me to do this for you.
Kind regards,
Angus.
Yes I would be happy to receive them. Thank you.
[/quote]

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2017, 17:13:05 »

Folder is on it's way right now. :thumbs: There are many missions from the "Super packs" amongst this lot. If you don't have all these free packs you will find you are told you do not have the required ship to play some of the missions.

Angus.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 17:18:33 by Traddles »

Boardwriter

• Forum member
A Big thankyou
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2017, 17:18:05 »

I got them downloaded just to put them in the correct folder and I will be able to ship out shortly.

sm

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2018, 12:20:18 »

Hello,
I have unzipped the folder with custom missions but icant choose them in the game

what is the problem?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines