Hello Guest April 18, 2024, 15:58:13 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbi to SSE  (Read 4984 times)

rlgerou

• Forum member
Newbi to SSE
« on: January 10, 2017, 20:55:13 »

I am not sure about the commands...and would love to find a real good explanation of the command and what they do.

I just pulled in next to the pier...exposed the YELLOW mooring line points...but of the life of me I can not figure out how to actually deploy the lines.  Nothing seems to cause the line to appear?

Traddles

• Global Moderator
Re: Newbi to SSE
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 22:24:37 »

Hi rlgerou,
If you follow the path shown in my picture you will find the manual for SSE. Open the main folder of the game, and then follow the path shown at the top of the picture.

Regards,
Angus.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 00:17:46 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

rlgerou

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 16:05:36 »

Traddles thank you, I have this manual...to say the least it fall short of the needs of most newbis.

I have finally figured out the details of towing, and mooring...I am spending a lot of time trying to figure out the details of engine, and rudder controls, and there are several other area which are completely unexplained.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 12:26:09 »

Hi again rlgerou,
The two files I attach will be of some help for you I hope. I should point out that "Jumbo Javelin" does now have a thruster near to amidships. Some of the small vessels, Lifeboat, pilot boats & water taxi have Hamilton jet drive power units. Unlike ordinary drive, these vessels when going astern, will turn in the direction the steering is pointing. This is the opposite of what you might expect with normal drive systems. The "Oceana" has two steerable azimuth drives (Azipods) and two non steerable ones as well as two bow thrusters. IF you have the inland traffic DLC the barges in there have a single steerable drive at the forward end which can rotate 3600 thus enabling them to be driven in any direction you choose. The Rotterdam ferry is a very complex drive system as has the "Red Eagle" ferry. I will try to find a picture of these systems for you. My suggestion is for you to pick a particular ship in "free roaming"mode and then experiment with her to see how she responds to her controls. I have found this to be a much better way of finding things out than trying to understand complex instructions. ;) :doh:

Angus.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 12:49:05 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines