Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 19:59:33 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Modeling Help  (Read 2781 times)

18allenbrayden

• Forum member
Modeling Help
« on: October 25, 2016, 01:19:59 »

I have just been recently introduced to modeling, making dioramas and  stuff like that. The thing is I can't find the right buildings I want for my city i'm building. Does anybody know how I can make my own buildings or know where I can find an answer?

Mr Robville

• Administrator
Re: Modeling Help
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 08:52:43 »

Hi there,
When you're new to 3D modelling I would suggest to make everything by yourself and refrain from using pre-made objects. The reason is that you will need to get a proper understanding of a 3D workflow before you start using other people's models, and you still need to work on your modelling experience.
3D isn't something you can master in a week or month. It can take a few months to grasp the basics and establish a workflow, and years to refine it.

So if you need custom buildings, there is only one thing I can advise: Make them yourself. Search for photo's to use as reference materials, go to www.textures.com for proper textures, and start modelling. Even if you've only progressed a little and learned one thing, you still progressed which is ever so important.

Also, search for some tutorials. They'll explain you the ropes of the software you are using.

Dannypenguin

• Forum member
Re: Modeling Help
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 21:53:43 »

Agree with Mr Robville, when I used to do a lot of 3d Modelling it always gave me more satisfaction if I did everything myself! Go for it!  :thumbs:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines