Hello Guest March 29, 2024, 00:00:34 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wilco Ship Console Unit... what COM port is it?  (Read 19866 times)

saken

Wilco Ship Console Unit... what COM port is it?
« on: September 09, 2016, 14:04:51 »

Alright... I just got today this Wilco Ship Console Unit, but I cannot seem to make it work with Ship Simulator 2006??? It does indeed say in the settings menu for the game that it supports this console, but I cannot seem to make it work at all? :-[

EDIT: The view buttons works, but nothing else?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 13:31:38 by saken »

pieter64

• Forum member
Re: Wilco Ship Console Unit... what COM port is it?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 01:19:48 »

you possibly need a driver? still available on the manufacturers website( ashame  the console is discontinued so hang on to it!)

saken

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 06:14:35 »

you possibly need a driver? still available on the manufacturers website( ashame  the console is discontinued so hang on to it!)
I guess you mean the ShipDriver? That one's discontinued yes, but the Ship Console is still available :) Not to worry, I got and hang on to both ;)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 20:02:23 by saken »

saken

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 09:32:52 »

If anybody could confirm if the Ship Console is compatible with Ship Simulator 2006, I'd be delighted! :)

matrosensven

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2021, 21:36:43 »

Hi there,

I've bought a gaming laptop (Asus ROG), a "Ship Console" control panel (VRinsight/Wilco), and the game "Ship Simulator Extremes collection" on PC DVD (and also the game "European Ship Simulator best of").

I have installed the game, but after assigning the different control functions to the buttons and levers on the Ship Console, the rudder and the engine won't work properly:
The engine is always 100% and the ship steams full ahead even if I put the order telegraph on "slow". I can change the power by moving the lever back and forth, but it always goes back to 100% immediately. Similar problems on European Ship Simulator and the same happens with the rudder/steering wheel, it always goes fully to one side or the other and I cannot manage to steer just slightly to one side with a slight wheel turn.
Has anyone experienced this and sorted it? Please explain which steps I need to follow. Thank you so much.

I bought all this stuff for my studies (deck officer), since simulator lessons have been cancelled for months and I worry about the lack of practice.
I have no experience at all with any video games. Thanks for your help.

Another issue I have is that every time i start Ship Simulator Extremes in order to play, it asks me for the activation code, so I enter it every time, although once should be enough, right?

Cheers
Sven
(You can answer in German, English or also Spanish or French. Thanks in advance for any help.)

LucAtC

• Ship Simulator Developer
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2021, 12:04:56 »

Hello Sven,
You can find the manual at its default value:
C:\Program Files (x86)\VStep\ShipSimExtremes\Projects\ShipSimExtremes\Docs\Manual_ShipSimExtremes.pdf
As explained at page 23, you should tag the Precision steering, and as well define control keys for the game interface.
You should also run SSEx as an Administrator to avoid the need to re-introduce the license key each time you launch the simulation.

And please, don't forget that there is no instructor, and that it is up to you to follow the rules, at sea or in a harbour, and to keep a correct navigation (opencpn?) and a good lookout for wild AIs...

Regards and good luck,
Luc
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines