Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 09:55:41 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A series' end  (Read 30652 times)

Mr Robville

• Administrator
A series' end
« on: April 11, 2016, 08:22:28 »

I'm writing this post to clear up any confusion some might still have about the current situation the game is in, and provide confirmation about the status of the ShipSim series.

As some may know VSTEP is no longer developing the ShipSim series. There are no future games, updates, DLC or other content packs planned.
This forum as well as shipsim.com will remain online for as long as it's necessary. People with support questions can still post them here or visit the General Support Board which includes solutions to the most common problems.

For those wondering why the series has ended; Through the last few years VSTEP has dedicated their full attention to their professional Nautis simulator, resulting in ShipSim being eventually seized in development.
Although the way this series has ended is still debatable, despite any discontent that some people may rightfully have, they cannot be blamed for ending a game series by definition because at some point, every game has it's ending and can't go on eternally. It just wasn't made clear well, so hence I'm posting this message.

This post is a personal message from me and is not written on behalf of VSTEP.

-edit 10-10-2019-
Considering Vstep has announced the spiritual successor of ShipSimulator, NAUTIS Home, I feel this message no longer applies, at least regarding future development for a consumer ShipSim.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 21:20:42 by Mr Robville »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines