Hello Guest April 27, 2024, 13:50:05 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some missions doesn't appear in Single Mission after i download it.  (Read 9547 times)

stratos sek

• Forum member

Hi all. As i describe in the title of the topic, some missions doesn't appear in "Single Mission" after i download it.
For example if i download "Pilot works" i can find the mission with this name, in single mission list, but "Europoort Manoeuvers" doesn't appear even if i downloaded it.
Further more, if i download "Europoort Manoeuvers" and then click "refresh list" the mission appears to be downloadable again, as if i never downloaded it.
Can anyone please propose any solutions? Thank you in advance for your time.

Traddles

• Global Moderator

Hi stratos sek,
Try again to download the mission, but if you still have trouble, put these two parts of the mission into your "missions" folder. Go to:- ShipSimExtremes/userdata/missions to do this.
regards,
Angus.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 22:10:19 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

stratos sek

• Forum member

Thank you for your quick response.
I tried to downloaded multiple times but it didn't work. One thing i forgot to metion is that, when i download the mission, the message "Download Successful" appears.
Also i took the files you provided and paste them at
D:\Games\V-Step\Projects\ShipSimExtremes\Data\Missions
and
D:\Games\V-Step\Projects\ShipSimExtremes\Data\Missions\Missions
and
D:\Games\V-Step\Projects\ShipSimExtremes\Game\Missions directories, still the mission doesn't appear in the Single Missions list. I tried in three differect pc and still no luck...
Anything else that might solve this problem?

Edit:
At the directories
D:\Games\V-Step\UserData
and
D:\Games\V-Step\Projects\ShipSimExtremes\UserData
there was no "Missions" folder so i created one and put the files there, and still the issue remains.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 22:29:51 by stratos sek »

Traddles

• Global Moderator

Hi stratos sek,
You must go to:- ShipSimExtremes/Userdata in your "My documents" folder. When you have it select "Missions" and you should have something like my attachment showing. You do NOT need to go into the games files at all.
If you look at the top of my picture you will see the path to get there.

Angus.

stratos sek

• Forum member

Thank you for the feedback. For my surprise the files were already in the destination:
C:\Users\thoma\OneDrive\Έγγραφα\ShipSimExtremes Userdata\Missions

I will send you some pictures in order to help you understand my situation better. I am not any kind of expert but i think it's some kind of bug, something to do with the reading of the files from the end of the game.

Still i can't find the mission in single mission list.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 17:30:51 by stratos sek »

stratos sek

• Forum member

Pics

stratos sek

• Forum member

Picture files 2

Traddles

• Global Moderator

I am as confused as you are now. In your pictures BOTH missions show in pale grey colour indicating that they are downloaded and in your "single missions" folder as the  "userdata" picture shows. ??? :o  This being so then when you open the game and go into "play/single mission" they should both be there for you to play. I am very sorry that I cannot explain why you have the problem with "Europoort Manouvres". Everything you show indicates that both missions should be playable. Try deleting the two files from your "userdata/missions" in the picture you show.(see below) and then download again to see if that clears the problem
Have you tried to download any other missions? Try a couple and see if you have any success.

Angus
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 17:44:42 by Traddles »

saltydog

• Forum member

Have you considered that at first downloaded missions do not show in alphabetical order, but at the bottom of the list in "Single Missions" ?
Just a thought.. :)

stratos sek

• Forum member

See this list, with the respective Mission folder

stratos sek

• Forum member

Then i download the "New York Freight Service" mission. If i hit "refresh list" the letters for this mission return to white, although the files have been downloaded just fine in "Mission" folder...
The mission doesn't appear in Single Mission list...

stratos sek

• Forum member

If i download other missions as "Patrol Sydney Harbor" and "Rotterdam Cargo" the missions are added to single mission list normally

saltydog

• Forum member

Do you have version 1.5.5 ?

stratos sek

• Forum member

I got 1.5.0 apparently, but i had downloaded and ran the updater, as administrator.

saltydog

• Forum member

You can tell by clicking on "Options" in the game, it will show in the lower left corner of your screen..
Otherwise you can get it here if you're not running on Steam : http://www.shipsim.com/downloads/updates

stratos sek

• Forum member

Yes my version is 1.5.5

saltydog

• Forum member

Have you downloaded the free vessels Zilvermeeuw and Aquila?  (you never know if they are needed)  ;)

http://www.shipsim.com/products/shipyard

stratos sek

• Forum member

Yap, i got them, i got all dlc for ship sim extreme.

Traddles

• Global Moderator

I think your problem is that you do not have the fishing vessel "Sigita". One of your pictures shows that the six missions which come with "Sigita" are not there. The list starts with CCC missions when it should have six "Sigita" missions at the top of the list. Any missions which have "Sigita" included will not download because of this.

Angus.
http://forum.shipsim.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=31389.0;attach=121331;image
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 22:43:43 by Traddles »

saltydog

• Forum member

Are you sure you have downloaded all DLC s?  All come with extra missions, and I do not see many of them in your Mission folder. If not you may have the same problem in future..

http://www.shipsim.com/products/shipyard

Traddles

• Global Moderator

http://forum.shipsim.com/index.php/topic,31389.msg403314.html#msg403314

The mission "New York freight service" requires the Inland shipping DLC. If when you download it, it returns to white print and does not appear in your single missions list, that means you do NOT have the DLC.
Open your game and select Play/Free roaming/Select a ship. You will find a full list of all the ships which you have loaded on your computer. Do you see "Deo Favente" as shown in my picture? Do you have "Cratus", "Roeier" and five barges? If they are not there then you have not bought the Inland Shipping DLC, and you cannot download any missions which have any of those ships in them.
If you look at the Shipyard folder which salty has given above you will see that there are some 33 missions in total which come with the DLC's. Please check that you DO have all the DLC's installed and then try to download missions.

Angus.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 10:54:01 by Traddles »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines