Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 11:39:53 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What this be of benefit, to all.  (Read 1993 times)

JocK69

• Forum member
What this be of benefit, to all.
« on: January 31, 2016, 00:10:39 »

I hope you will not mind, how I put, this.

To those of you, who are the Moderators, of this Forum.

Would it be of any benefit, of any of you. To became "Pinned" members, to Steam. (that is, to say SSE steam version, too?) So as to help those on, Steam.

I only, ask this as a suggestion, partly because, I see on, the frustration, of many who, would really like to enjoy SSE. (But because of not support, etc.) 

But, presently, have no outlet to assist, them.

Not forgetting, the pickle, some of them get in. And is a shame really. All some of them, just want some guidance. (And yes, some of the, don't listen, either.)

Just, something to give them. Joy! Of what SSE is all about.

Anyway. I hope you will not mind. (No harm, in trying, I hope.)

See Ya.

Fair Winds and Follows Seas.     

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
Re: What this be of benefit, to all.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 02:01:31 »

Hi JocK69,

Personally I've been using Steam for years now, and there are at least a few more of the forum staff on there as well, that I know of.

The problem with Steam related SSE problems though, is that we cannot really help anyone if it is not a 'normal' problem with the game, but rather a problem that is caused by the means in which Steam distributes, updates and supports the game, or by any changes they have made to accomodate these things. For the game to function on Steam, they've had to make their own little changes and/or additions to the software, installer, updates, etc. Which is obviously outside of the control of the developer, or their voluntary support staff on these forums, as such.

For any and all regular support, people - including Steam version owners - can come on here to find help, and there has always been direct support from Vstep too of course, over the years. But when a problem is caused by something that Valve (Steam) has done, the only real way to get help is to put up a support ticket with their own customer support team. Who have unfortunately not always had the greatest track record, as I also have experienced myself when I've had issues with various games that I have bought through them. They easily dismiss questions, issues or complaints as I have found. Far too easily, if you ask me.

A helpful thought indeed, and thank you for that input, but alas not something that would work that way. More's the pity because we've indeed seen people experiencing problems with the Steam version that are unique to that version of the game, and who are left out in the cold this way.

Regards,
Fred

JocK69

• Forum member
Re: What this be of benefit, to all.
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 04:42:49 »

Thanks. Mad_Fred.

Dam. What a pity. And a for shame Valve (Steam.)
In one sense, because, look at the many members, it could also, have. With Steam and those of this Forum, alike.

O.K! So SSE, won't be as big as say TS2016. But, it would maybe, have following? That, would have, those who, would be happy, to play SSE. (Multiplayer or not.) Still, it's a pity.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines