Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 20:15:54 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: realistic physics???  (Read 3106 times)

Easy86

• Forum member
realistic physics???
« on: March 23, 2015, 12:53:56 »

Hey @all,

i have a simple question.

Is the physic of the game a realistic one??

I am doing my sport boat license at the moment and my examination is on Saturday.

Now I bought the Ship Simulator Extrems and I am not sure if the boats are behaving right.

If my boat have a right-handed screw and I am docking on the dock  ::) I am approaching with a steeper angle on the dock and when I am near by I give a little bit reverse so that the stern is going towards the dock.

I am not getting it in the game.

So do you think that the physics are correct or ist the Ship Simulator just an arcade game?

Thanky for your help!

saltydog

• Forum member
Re: realistic physics???
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 13:13:42 »

Hi Easy86, welcome to the forum.
I don't think you can compare boats in ShipSim Extremes to 'normal' boats. This is because most fast boats in the game are propelled by water-jets, not propellors.  They behave very differently.. ;)

Easy86

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 13:18:21 »

Hey saltydog,

thank you for your promt reply.

But there are also boats with propeller  :-\

Do you have any idea what game will be better for me to try?

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 13:50:17 »

Hi Easy86,
The nearest vessel I can find to a single screw sportboat is "Roier" from the Inland Traffic DLC. Not quite a sport boat but she does behave in a realistic way such as you describe.

Regards,
Angus
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 14:12:28 »

I just had a look, you might want to try the Cartagena Delight. She seems to behave like a normal screw boat.. ;)

Easy86

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 14:42:28 »

Traddles,

this one is perfect!!!! Was another €8 but absolutly worth it! Thank you all so much!!!!

GeoP17

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 16:33:57 »

Does Pride of Rotterdam has realistic physics as well? I love sailing with this ship and I want it to be as realistic as possible!!!  :thumbs:  :captain:

Thanks a lot stormforce!

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2015, 17:36:06 »

In SSE virtually all vessels have realistic physics. This is why the game is the best there is at present in this particular field. All the vessels have been designed to be as near as possible to the real thing in the way they behave. The Dynamics (rather than the Physics) have been designed by an experienced naval architect, whom we all know as  "LucAtC". The packs which have been produced in the series of Community Development patches have been made by Johan (JoMach) and Luc with the same attention to correct detail.

Angus.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 17:48:22 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

yoyesome

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2015, 18:13:24 »

It seems pretty realistic. I drove the RHIB boat in the demo and it seemed pretty close to a boat that I have driven in real life that is similar to it. If you notice that the Deep V hull speed boats feel like there pivoting on a small point, that is a very realistic characteristic. I couldn't tell you about the big ones though.

Bottman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2015, 18:19:56 »

I can underline the positive opinions about the physics (due to the hard and pretty good work of LucAtC). I had the opportunity to test the original vessels "Bugsier 2" and "St. Pauli" in Hamburg before their release and they are really well done according to their dynamics. And I must say, that this is valid for the other ships too, as far as I can evaluate it from my own experiences on board. :2thumbs:
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!
Look at www.elbdampfer-hamburg.de
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines