Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 14:23:04 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Uncompletable missions?  (Read 12271 times)

hiran

• Forum member
Uncompletable missions?
« on: December 07, 2014, 11:39:44 »

Hi there.

In various missions it seems I am not able to complete the mission goal. Is that a bug on my computer or a flaw in SSE itself?

Right now I tried the "08 Küstenwachdienst" mission, where you leave Sydney with the coast guard cutter to check some fishing ships. The mission goal is stated "Ankern Sie nahe jedem Fischereischiff, um es zu überprüfen.", which essentially means "anchor close to each fishing ship to examine it".

I anchored the coast guard cutter just .03 NM besides the ship with the green star. The ships nearly touch each other, so moving closer is no option. I'd expect the ship gets inspected, then the mission moves on and the star appears on the next ship. This does not happen. Plus it is not the first mission where I see such behaviour.

Any idea what may be wong here?

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
Re: Uncompletable missions?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 12:42:29 »

Hi hiran
You moor to each fishing vessel Not Anchor that is why it is not completing
                                                                                          Eric

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 18:17:44 »

I checked the mission in German. :o It does say"Anchor" when it should say "Anlege",  :doh:
(I think that is the word for mooring or docking) or even "binden". A shame to give incorrect instructions like that.

Angus
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 18:19:58 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

hiran

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 19:54:04 »

I was wondering how I can anchor in water with a depth measured as "max"... ;-)
And I even connected one line and nothing happened - but maybe I need two. Will give it a try.

Otherwise I got frustrated because this is not the only mission I could not complete - there are a couple more. This was just the most recent example. Other examples are the taxi boats in the Marseille harbour, or the boat race on Bora Bora.

If the translation for German is buggy I probably should switch to english. Where can I do that? Would I have to reinstall the game?

edit: When checking the options, I can even see "941 LanguageID not found!". There are gaps in the translation.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 20:08:58 by hiran »

hiran

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 20:02:51 »

I checked the mission in German. :o It does say"Anchor" when it should say "Anlege",  :doh:
(I think that is the word for mooring or docking) or even "binden". A shame to give incorrect instructions like that.

Angus
Yes, "anlegen" is better for mooring as "ankern" definitely means to anchor.
"festmachen" would be another choice -> Machen Sie am Fischereischiff fest.
The word Fischereischiff is also a bit clumsy. Just Fischer, or Fischfangboot would be smoother to read.

hiran

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2014, 21:00:50 »

Hi hiran
You moor to each fishing vessel Not Anchor that is why it is not completing
                                                                                          Eric
I'm afraid your hint does not help. I replayed the mission and moored to the other ship.
As nothing happened, I added more and more moorings, and I even used the anchor. Still nothing happened.
So I created a screenshot. Any more ideas?

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, 05:00:38 »

Hi hiran, I tried the mission (English version), and had no problems with it. Mooring next to the ships went smoothly and after a few seconds I was told to move to the next.
Could it be you need update 1.5.7 ?  I recall that the update dealt with some issues in the German version of the game. Which issues those were I do not know..
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 21:14:27 by saltydog »

hiran

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2014, 06:42:49 »

Hi hiran, I tried the mission (English version), and had no problems with it. Mooring next to the ships went smoothly and after a few seconds I was told to move to the next.
Could it be you need update 1.5.7 ?  I recall that the update dealt with some issues in the German version of the game. Which issues those were I do not know..
Indeed SSE displays version 1.5.5 in the lower left where you choose the missions.
However I tried to install the patch and do get various error messages. Meanwhile I found this thread but still have no success.

http://forum.shipsim.com/index.php/topic,30612.msg400845.html#msg400845

hiran

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2014, 06:44:46 »

Indeed SSE displays version 1.5.5 in the lower left where you choose the missions.
However I tried to install the patch and do get various error messages. Meanwhile I found this thread but still have no success in upgrading:
http://forum.shipsim.com/index.php/topic,30612.msg400845.html#msg400845

-Edit by Mr Robville-
You can edit your post by clicking on the "Modify" button. The quote button only copies the text from the quoted post.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 08:41:26 by Mr Robville »

hiran

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2014, 23:30:17 »

-Edit by Mr Robville-
You can edit your post by clicking on the "Modify" button. The quote button only copies the text from the quoted post.

Hi Mr Robville.

Thank you for the comment. I know the difference between editing and quoting. ;-)

And the other comment which meanwhile vanished was also correct:
I run the Steam version of SSE. Maybe that is the reason I cannot install the downloadable updates.
But that moves my problem just to Steam not providing fixes that actually should be available, as in essence a number of missions are still not completable for me.

hiran

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2014, 11:09:27 »

!:)

It seems I found a workaround for the above problem.

While I found no support from VStep,Steam, Avanquest (the company that provides technical support as printed on the DVD) and the seller on Amazon I just remembered the above comments that the latest update was mainly for the german version.

In Steam you can configure a few things for Ship Simulator Extremes, one amongst them is the game language.
So I switched to English and retried one of the uncompletable missions. The first mission objective was to moore to another ship, and the completion was acknowledged so I could move on. Don't have the time to play right now though.

So assuming the same applies for the other missions I can say that switching to English solves issues. :-)

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2014, 12:05:59 »

Strange, I cannot find any support tickets with your email address at ShipSim Support. Are you sure you have contacted official support?

Avanquest is in no way related to ShipSim and I don't understand why it would be responsible for support. I find it sketchy that it is printed on the DVD like you mentioned. Can you please show me a photo of your DVD and DVD casing?

hiran

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2014, 23:15:48 »

Strange, I cannot find any support tickets with your email address at ShipSim Support. Are you sure you have contacted official support?
This is probably because I did not open such a ticket with support. Where exactly would i have to go?
So far I thought it is this forum where I get support...

Avanquest is in no way related to ShipSim and I don't understand why it would be responsible for support. I find it sketchy that it is printed on the DVD like you mentioned. Can you please show me a photo of your DVD and DVD casing?
I trashed the cover so I cannot take a photo. However this is where I bought it from, and the picture you see is exactly how it looked like.
http://www.amazon.de/Ship-Simulator-Extremes-DVD-IMPORT/dp/B007RE63Z8/ref=cm_rdp_product

Attached you find a picture of the DVD...

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2014, 09:19:32 »

ShipSim support can be found here http://www.shipsim.com/support/contact.
However, you have indeed shown your problem here on the forum so it's not necessary to go there anymore since I'm behind ShipSim support.  ;)

Thanks a lot for the photo and link. This is very strange.
It doens't look like an official SSE disk. Avanquest is known as sketchy software and many people see it as malware. It would be a very bad decision of Paradox to associate them with us. Also the texture of the printed label on your DVD looks more rough than the one we distribute- hinting that it might be printed on a blank DVD.

Attached is a photo of the commonly known SSE DVD. As you can see it looks a lot different.
I believe there is one other variation with the Paradox logo on it. Definitely no GSP or Avanquest.

I will inform the sales department about this and hopefully they can tell me more about this.

hiran

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2014, 14:17:14 »

If I bought a non-official version I did not do it on purpose, and I am willing to cooperate to get that clarified.

As the workaround I described above worked for two other missions I guess my technical problem is under control, even if I would like to see a clean translation to german language and updates being provided through Steam properly.

Thank you very much for getting active in this matter. :-)

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2015, 09:28:30 »

Hi, sorry for the late response.
I've shown the DVD to the sales department and informed them about the Avanquest version and they confirmed that this is not a known version sold by us, so I have reason to believe this is a fraudulent copy.
No worries on your side, it's the seller who is at fault.
Just to make sure I'll inform Paradox about this. If they are unaware of this version I hope they can take this seller down.

hiran

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2015, 03:06:59 »

Hmmm. It seems the workaround to switch to english language does not affect all mission.
I still get stuck on mission 5, where the Orient Star at Bora Bora should deliver the passenger to the other cruise ship. The mission objective is to moore to the other ship. And I already used bow line, aft spring and bow spring.

Please have a look at the screenshot... any other ideas what I could do?

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2015, 11:00:46 »

Hi hiran, judging by your picture, you are using towlines, not mooringlines.. ;)

hiran

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2015, 18:06:51 »

Gnaaaa... Yes, that did the trick!

From the icons I had understood one is to connect to piers and one to connect to ships.
But towlines and mooring lines is a better explanation.

Thanks a lot! :2thumbs:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines