Hello Guest April 19, 2024, 20:03:57 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEWS as it happens, Real life ship collision. Suez Canal, today.  (Read 2704 times)

JocK69

• Forum member

http://www.news.com.au/world/middle-east/video-shows-dramatic-crash-between-two-container-ships-on-egypts-suez-canal/story-fnh81ifq-1227076377314

This is what can happen, because of over competition, in the Real World.
Not Safe, Not Funny and very Dangerous.
Good thing it (maybe) it wasn't a Cruise Ship with lot's of people on board or a ship carrying Nuclear waste, among other harmful things, to lives and the environment.
When are we going, to stop being so stupid.

Dannypenguin

• Forum member
Re: NEWS as it happens, Real life ship collision. Suez Canal, today.
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 17:28:25 »

I watched the YouTube video the other day and couldn't help laughing at the guys in the background reactions when they first hit...  :doh:

It would be a great caption competition entry: "I hate that Maersk have the largest ships - lets take them down a peg or two!"

How it happened I don't know :/
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 17:30:06 by Dannypenguin »

kttom

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 14:16:43 »

hey
its not the fault off bigger ships, its fault off fewer, less trained and unqualified people on board

greetings
Tom van den Boogaert

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 14:24:56 »

Yeah, lack of proper training is what I would think. Shame this is a general occurance on ships worldwide. It only comes to light whenever a disaster happens. Take Costa Concordia for example; "Please return to your cabin, everything is under control" is what was being said while the ship had to be evacuated, not to mention the lack of knowledge from the crew to lower the lifeboats and to properly distribute lifevests amongst passengers.

MSC likewise, my grandparents had an evacuation training on the last day of the voyage.  ::)

JocK69

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 08:08:08 »

Yeah, lack of proper training is what I would think. Shame this is a general occurance on ships worldwide. It only comes to light whenever a disaster happens. Take Costa Concordia for example; "Please return to your cabin, everything is under control" is what was being said while the ship had to be evacuated, not to mention the lack of knowledge from the crew to lower the lifeboats and to properly distribute lifevests amongst passengers.

MSC likewise, my grandparents had an evacuation training on the last day of the voyage.  ::)

And recently, that ferry, in South Korea. If I remember, correctly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines