Hello Guest March 29, 2024, 01:10:14 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Grand Theft Auto 4 problems  (Read 2131 times)

18allenbrayden

• Forum member
Grand Theft Auto 4 problems
« on: August 02, 2014, 17:26:09 »

I have this problem in Grand Theft Auto 4 every time I try to play the game the fatal error rmn40 comes up......Im running the game on windows vista with service pack 1 and i have a Nvidia graphics card............the problem is that to fix the rmn40 erroe you must have the windows xp service pack 3 but i can't get the pack on my computer
I know this game will work because it has worked before....but does anyone know how to fix the rmn40 fatal error on windows vista lastly i have already tried going to properties for the LauchGta.exe and setting it to windows 2000 but when i start the game the error still comes up does anyone know how to fix it ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
Re: Grand Theft Auto 4 problems
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 00:42:58 »

If you indeed have SP1 on vista that should be okay. You are sure that SP1 is correctly installed?

One other small thing.. are you running it as administrator?

Also try setting the compatibility to another OS, like windows XP and not 2000, that has helped some folks, and if your error speaks of XP SP3, it might be an indication to run it in XP SP3 compatibility mode.

Or it can also be the other way around, in which case make sure that it's actually set to your own OS, Vista SP1, and NOT something else. Some users need to set it to their OWN operating system, because for some reason it's not set to that by default.

18allenbrayden

• Forum member
Re: Grand Theft Auto 4 problems
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 04:24:12 »

Ok I finally fixed it ;D  ;D.......but now I have another problem have els v7 the problem is when ever i start up the game it goes all the way to the loading screen and then it says gta 4 browser has stopped working...I think els is causing the problem does anyone know how to fix els so I can use it again on gta 4 cause right now I having to use emergency vechicals without els
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines