Hello Guest April 20, 2024, 11:22:00 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Formula One  (Read 2771 times)

18allenbrayden

• Forum member
Formula One
« on: July 19, 2014, 00:56:27 »

If you like formula one who is your favorite driver mine is either Lewis Hamilton or Michael Shumaker

GeoP17

• Forum member
Re: Formula One
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 08:48:40 »

Fernando Alonso is the best!!! Button and Raikkonen are also very good but the best driver ever is Michael....We agree here!!! I hope Alonso will be great tomorrow in Germany...It's time for a victory Fernando

Thanks a lot stormforce!

albertjames

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 18:46:35 »

Lewis Hamilton, because of his fearless overtakes and always pushing the car beyond its limits.

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 18:58:20 »

Juan Manuel Fangio. Best driver ever. No discussion possible.  :P

He might not have had the most wins or world championships compared to modern times, but back in his days, what he achieved was a heck of a lot harder and more dangerous than it is right now and no one came even close to what he achieved. He still has the highest percentage of wins for races participated in, and there is still no one who has won as many world championships with as many different teams as he has. Today it is more about the car than the driver, with some exceptions, but Fangio did not hold the record for 46 years for nothing. The modern F1 car simply is too 'easy' to drive, to make it a fair comparison, I'd say.

Schumi was extremely good, certainly, and he won more championships. But I dont think he would have been as good in the days of Fangio where men were really men and where seatbelts didn't exsist... Nor proper helmets, nor proper cars that would not burst into flames when they were left in the hot sun for too long.  :P  ;D

I don't even think Schumi would have won all that he has won, if Senna had not died.  :'(

Dannypenguin

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 20:20:40 »

Kimi Raikkonen is the best in my eyes - a true driver. He managed to get top positions in the same car no-one else could.  ;D

GeoP17

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 10:46:41 »

He was a lot better when he was driving a Lotus F1 car... :)

Thanks a lot stormforce!

Dannypenguin

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 14:05:54 »

He was a lot better when he was driving a Lotus F1 car... :)

Yeah, thats the reason why he's so great. ;D

GeoP17

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2014, 10:50:40 »

haha....you're right :thumbs:

Thanks a lot stormforce!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines