Hello Guest April 18, 2024, 02:34:06 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: V-step Given op  (Read 16223 times)

rjwhyte09

• Forum member
Re: V-step Given op
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2014, 00:39:34 »

So Fred, what is ur current % of a new title in near future ??
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 00:57:14 by rjwhyte09 »
VIRTUAL SHIPS & VIRTUAL SHIP LINES

> http://virtualshipsandvirtualshiplines.weebly.com/

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2014, 07:42:54 »

Ryan, as I explained within your own topic, we cannot make any statements about future ShipSim titles. That includes me, Fred, or any other moderator/admin on the forum. Even if one of us makes a "guesstimate" purely based on our own view, some people will perceive it as fact because they see we are forum staff.

To quote my post:
A big issue is that people ask things that cannot be answered accurately at that point, resulting in a false outcome later on, causing a fuss amongst dissapointed people. (remember the release date for patch 1.3 or something for ShipSim 08)
A similar situation goes for the question on whether or not there will be a new ShipSim sequel. I simply cannot say because eventually, if I do, it can, it shall, and it will be used against me.

I don't want to read sooner or later: "Yeah but ... said that there would be a new game!!! *insert emoticons here*"

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2014, 12:44:37 »

So Fred, what is ur current % of a new title in near future ??

As Mr Robville clearly stated, none of the forum staff can or will state anything about a potential new game, unless there has already been an official announcement about it, obviously.

But someone who had been paying attention could have found, that plenty of times in plenty of topics, several staff members had indicated that at present, there is no development going on with regards to a new game version of Ship Simulator.

If that changes, there will be news about it through official channels. Only after thát, the speculation can commence.  :P

Fred.

Zeeschuimer

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2014, 03:23:30 »

Fred, first of all thank you for your comments and explanation. I started playing SS from the very beginning with SS2006 and I have enjoyed playing them all up to and including SSE. Of course I had my complaints when I compared new games against the old one, for instance SSE vs SS2008 a some nice features found in 2008 where not in SSE although SSE was an improvement in many other areas.
However, you say that the game is already 3.5 year old, and I'm surprised to experience that quite a lot of persons I meet that play simulation games ( even in The Netherlands) do not know about the existense of the SS range of games. A game is profitable if it sells. Maybe VStep should look at the way they market their simulation game products.
And with regard to new add-ons. Development of add-ons can be profitable if done correctly. It is normal for frequent players to ask for new features. If you play frequently you are looking for new challenges. In general they will pay for these. But again, it is a matter of marketing. Only high volumes will bring you the profit. And if VStep do not have the resources they should probably think about licensing other parties to develop professional add-ons for their games. Makes the gamers happy and VSteps earns license fees.
I will continue to enjoy SS with all the bugs in it. It is a wonderful game.

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2014, 07:39:04 »

Vstep should make public the Shipsim range during the World Harbourdays in the Port of Rotterdam which will happen from Friday 5 September to Sunday 7 September. I think this will improve the acquaintance of this fantastic game.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 07:42:44 by MokMok »

Timbo

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2014, 21:02:19 »

Hi All and vstep,
                       Have not played for a long time been doing other things started form shipsim 2006,got all three on my pc and a old one but not extremes,NOT online plus all the add-ons  :2thumbs:.

Just to say VSTEP has done a magnificent job and should be proud of what they have achieved as its a pc game which has been very realistic, but am no sailor but my pc is very powerful.

What would like to know will there be any more new ships ? or add ones which will make the game even better I think. Know there will not be any new games as it would be too expensive.

I hope v step will answer this please as would be interested to find out.   

Cheers Timbo    :)

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2014, 08:41:42 »

Hello Timbo,
At this moment not I'm afraid. I hope some time in the future but only time will tell about future developments.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines