Hello Guest April 30, 2024, 11:36:35 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ss 2008 horn and radio sounds  (Read 4047 times)

william_webb

ss 2008 horn and radio sounds
« on: January 28, 2014, 15:52:15 »

I have been playing SS 2008 and would like to know how do I delete the original radio sounds to download the update for better sounds, I did the horn sounds and they work okay but not the radio ones.

This was my fault as I did not read the instructions properly to install the new radio sounds.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Bill Webb

Traddles

• Global Moderator
Re: ss 2008 horn and radio sounds
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 17:48:36 »

Hi Bill,
As far as I remember it is just a case of downloading the radio sounds add-on and then installing it. I feel certain it just overwrites the original sounds.

Regards,
Angus.
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

william_webb

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 14:33:36 »

That is what I did but the old sounds are still there, I remember a message that said something about deleting the older ones first and then the new sounds for the radio, so I assume that is not what I did.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 13:02:48 »

Hi Bill,
Sorry to be so slow in responding. :doh: Once you have downloaded the radio sounds folder if you click on the windows symbol at the bottom left of your screen you will see:- "Select new radio sounds" on the list which appears. Click on that and a set of instructions will appear allowing you to choose from a number of differing sounds. You must do this FIRST, before starting the game. Having chosen, when you start the game you will have the chosen sounds working. :thumbs:  One of the choices is to revert to the original sounds if you so wish.

Regards,
Angus.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 13:12:37 by Traddles »

william_webb

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 17:27:56 »

Thanks for the information and I am sorry but I am not sure what you mean by in windows select new radio sounds and then go from there selecting new radio sounds in windows.
I saw the answer you gave but I just do not understand what you mean in order to get the new radio sounds, if you are wondering why just ask me my age.

Bill

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2014, 18:40:35 »

Don't worry Bill, I'm only 4 years behind you, now in my 80th year, ugh. :doh:  I think you are working with Windows 7 if I remember correctly. If so, when you have downloaded the Radio Sounds from the Vstep website, you should see the Start screen. As I mentioned, then click on the "Windows" symbol, bottom left of screen, see my picture. Then click on "All programs" and scroll down to "ShipSimulator2008", click on that and then you will see another list above the "Windows" symbol, again on the left of your screen. one of the items showing should be "Radio sounds", click on that and you should then see "Select new radio sounds". Click on that and then instructions will appear for you to choose from 9 differing sets of sounds.

Angus.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 20:32:51 by Traddles »

william_webb

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 14:07:04 »

Thank you very much for the information, I am now getting the new radio sounds and I notice that the last item is uninstall version 1. 0, so I guess I should do that after installing all the new sounds.

Thanks for your help, it is nice dealing with a person who gives me the exact information.

Bill

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2014, 20:06:36 »

Hi Bill,
Glad you have sorted out your problem. You only need to go to option 9 if you want to revert to the original sounds, otherwise leave it until you wish to change your choice again. Speaking personally I cannot abide the radio chatter, it drives me nuts. ::) I just leave the sounds turned off. ;D
Thanks for the kind words, much appreciated.

Angus.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines