Hello Guest March 29, 2024, 11:29:19 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: QUESTVIEWER CRASHING  (Read 26537 times)

srg

• Forum member
QUESTVIEWER CRASHING
« on: January 16, 2014, 12:37:13 »

I have recently had to reinstall my cd copy of Ship simulator Extremes Collection (non Steam) on my Windows 8 laptop and have found to my despair that Questview has excelled itself in its ability to crash, after re-installing (6 attempts) Questviewer crashes even before I can enter the full activation code, I have emailed technical support 3 times over the past 8 days but have not received the courtesy of a reply, a few weeks ago SS Extremes Collection ran without any problems after a few teething troubles when installing on Windows 8 but the it stopped and needed to be uninstalled then re-installed and thats when these Questviewer problems went big time.
Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.
Kind regards to all, Steve. :'(

weejam

• Forum member
Re: QUESTVIEWER CRASHING
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 17:19:44 »

Try updating your drivers. When I first got this computer with Windows8 and finally bought the SSE collections I had to update the drivers for my GPU. My problem sounded exactly like yours. I have an HD8670 and am using the beta drivers because with the old one FSX runs but SSE don't. With the new driver SSE runs and FSX don't. With the beta driver both run. This will definitely be the last AMD graphics set up that I will have in a computer because MSTS won't even run with AMD graphics and Windows 8. SO maybe off to the Nvidia store?

srg

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 14:01:28 »

Hi Weejam,
Many thanks for your kind assistance, following your advice I have updated my graphic drivers to the latest version however this has not helped, I have checked most things on my computer even various system updates but I cannot get to the root of the problem, Many members are complaining about Questviewer problems and it is a real shame that SS technical department offer little or no help at all.
Kind regards,
Steve.

weejam

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 18:39:47 »

One more shot in the dark. Check your questviewer application and you SSE application in the root folder. Make sure that one is not set for run as administrator and the other one not or one set for a certain compatability mode and the other not. I did have a problem of questviewer crashing upon exiting the game and found that I had the SSE application set to run as admin and the questviewer not. But like I said, just a shot in the dark and I hope it helps.

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 00:30:17 »

Hello captain  :captain:
Can I see your dxdiag?
Thanks
Captain Cadet
Please don't message me for technical support!

MigzPT

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 20:16:08 »

I have been experiencing this issue too, and what I just did to make it work was :

-Update Graphic Drivers
-Activate Compatabilty.

NOTE*
To Activate compatability, you just need simply to
>Navigate to the Main Game Folder
>Right click>Select Properties>Compatability>Activate Compatability> Select either Windows 7 or Vista
NOTE*
Activate compatability on All .exe files in the Main Game, and one of them is Quest Viewer

Open the Game and it should work  :thumbs:

Note that Ship Simulator Extremes, has compatability issues with Windows 8/8.1

Hope it works  ;)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 20:18:01 by MigzPT »

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 18:28:45 »

« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 18:43:56 by Captain Cadet »
Captain Cadet

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 16:29:23 »

Note that Ship Simulator Extremes, has compatability issues with Windows 8/8.1

If the hardware meets the minimum requirements, the game should run fine on Windows 8.  ;)

Ketoryp

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2014, 08:08:20 »

I have recently had to reinstall my cd copy of Ship simulator Extremes Collection (non Steam) on my Windows 8 laptop and have found to my despair that Questview has excelled itself in its ability to crash, after re-installing (6 attempts) Questviewer crashes even before I can enter the full activation code, I have emailed technical support 3 times over the past 8 days but have not received the courtesy of a reply, a few weeks ago SS Extremes Collection ran without any problems after a few teething troubles when installing on Windows 8 but the it stopped and needed to be uninstalled then re-installed and thats when these Questviewer problems went big time.
Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.
Kind regards to all, Steve. :'(

Had a lot of issues getting this to run on my laptop (Qosmio X870).   Had to apply the vcredist_x64 fix elsewhere on the board .
I also had to tell it to use my nvidia card instead of my intel.

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2014, 18:43:44 »

Had a lot of issues getting this to run on my laptop (Qosmio X870).   Had to apply the vcredist_x64 fix elsewhere on the board .
I also had to tell it to use my nvidia card instead of my intel.
http://fourm.shipsim.com/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,30473.0.html  ;)
Captain Cadet

HARDCOREHOLLAND_

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2014, 22:01:02 »

Hello guys
my Ship Sim Ex doens't work either, becouse my computer is running on Windows 7. How can I fix this? I've got the steam version. And unregister I already tried but nothing is working.

But...
I think it's to bad that ss and steam arrent helping you out with this kind of problems. Becouse you pay for the game, if it don't work? It isn't their problem. I hate it. Make a patch ore something?

Wesley

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2014, 13:26:01 »

Hello Wesley,

Can you please point out why ShipSim isn't helping you out? I can't find any support tickets. If you have bad experiences with a support representative, we will do something about it this instant. As for Steam, they usually only handle issues with their own client, not actual issues related to the games that are featured on their platform.

If you can show us your system's specifications in a DxDiag file, we'll gladly help you out to get the game working again.
You can find a quick tutorial on how to create a DxDiag on this page:
http://forum.shipsim.com/index.php/topic,23335.0.html

Species7

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2014, 04:52:26 »

Hello Wesley,

Can you please point out why ShipSim isn't helping you out? I can't find any support tickets. If you have bad experiences with a support representative, we will do something about it this instant. As for Steam, they usually only handle issues with their own client, not actual issues related to the games that are featured on their platform.

If you can show us your system's specifications in a DxDiag file, we'll gladly help you out to get the game working again.
You can find a quick tutorial on how to create a DxDiag on this page:
http://forum.shipsim.com/index.php/topic,23335.0.html

I have the same issue with the Steam version crashing on VSTEP initializing

I have a comp that far exceeds the SSE required specs.

I have attached my dxdiag file

I would really like some help. I have the SSE complete edition that I bought from Greenman gaming and I uninstalled it a year or so ago after playing for many many hours.

I bought the Steam version and some dlc packs because i prefer Steams auto-update service and the fact they have good download speeds when i want to do reinstalls etc.

With all the forum posts here and on Steam about this EXACT issue...why has nothing been done about it by you folks??
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 04:55:05 by Species7 »

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2014, 13:03:56 »

Again, please point out where we were unable to help or how we refused to assist (if the topic isn't older than a year). Game crashes are never caused by one single reason. The solution is always tailored to each unique system, hence the fact that we require a DxDiag to help each individual.

Asking for help and then immediately implying that those you want help from are incompetent at what they are doing is not a nice way of doing things...

If you are a serious poster and not here to write one post on how bad we are doing things, then let me know and I'll look into your issue.

Species7

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2014, 13:26:10 »

Again, please point out where we were unable to help or how we refused to assist (if the topic isn't older than a year). Game crashes are never caused by one single reason. The solution is always tailored to each unique system, hence the fact that we require a DxDiag to help each individual.

Asking for help and then immediately implying that those you want help from are incompetent at what they are doing is not a nice way of doing things...

If you are a serious poster and not here to write one post on how bad we are doing things, then let me know and I'll look into your issue.

After purchasing your game twice ,I dont appreciate having my motives about trying to get the game to work questioned.
I am quite serious about my request for assistance.
Yet again  , rather than offering a solution you find it easier to just question my motives.
I did not see any official help offered on the Steam forums,even though there are a lot of paying customers with the exact same issue.That is why I questioned the level of support you offer.
I am not some kid looking to spam your forums.I am 55 years old and have better things to do than act like a punk.I came here with a legitimate complaint , not to waste time , mine or yours.If you look at my profile you will see both registered copies of the game and dlc.

So how about an actual response to my question rather than insulting me?

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2014, 14:26:09 »

Perhaps I didn't properly explain myself, my mistake. I'm not questioning any motives nor am I insulting you. The reason for my post is that it often happens that people come here for support and complaints on which we usually write a lengthy answer, only to find out that the person simply came here to share his frustrations and then left, not actually seeking for help. I'm glad to hear this is not the case.

Do understand that Steam is in no way related to ShipSim other than distributing the game. They rarely answer support issues related to the actual games themselves, only Steam client related issues. So we cannot take responsibility for anything that happens on their forums/technical support.

Anyway, back to your issue,
Your system is indeed all fine. I do notice that your GPU drivers are dated on 12/19/2013. Nvidia has released newer drivers in the meantime. Can you try updating those to their latest version?
You can download them via this link: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Species7

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2014, 15:43:13 »

thank-you sir.

I had forgotten i had rolled back my drivers due to compatibility issues with some rendering software.

I have re installed the latest drivers,and the game starts now without issue.

Again , thank you very much for your response and your time, I will certainly make mention of the good service I received here in my You-Tube series.

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2014, 16:32:19 »

Glad to hear it worked! Thank you for letting me know.  :thumbs:

simplayer

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2014, 15:22:59 »

Hey everyone,

i started to use the MSI Global GT70 2PE Dominator Pro since last week, installed Shipsim 2008 an it works like a charm, then installed Shipsim Extremes and to my dissapointment i can't get it to work, could not even type in my serial... i doubt my sytem is not up to the task...

CONSTANTIA ET LABORE

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2014, 15:34:24 »

I neither think so. Your hardware is above and beyond the minimum requirements.  :thumbs:
Like most laptops, yours also has two GPU cards. An Intel for energy saving and an Nvidia card for heavy applications.
I think ShipSim is trying to run on your Intel GPU which has 0MB of dedicated memory.
If you click on the Nvidia icon in your task bar, you should be able to find the settings menu where you can control which applications make use of your Nvidia GPU. Try to add ShipSim in the list of installed software (if it isn't already) and change it's preference to "High Performance". This will enable the Nvidia GPU when the game boots.

simplayer

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2014, 06:38:38 »

Hey there Mr Robville,

I followed up your instructions and got the sim to work, so thanks a lot for the quick response...!
The last problem i have is that i have to put in my serial everytime i start the game, i have the "Ship Simulator Extremes Collection", on top of that i updated with the latest Update v1.5.5 to v1.5.7, since this update i have the problem mentioned above, any sugestions...?

CONSTANTIA ET LABORE

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2014, 13:36:13 »

Running the game as an admin once should solve the issue. You can run the game as an admin by right-mouseclicking the icon and choosing "Run as administrator"

Glad to hear the game works, thanks for letting the know!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines