Hello Guest April 28, 2024, 17:16:48 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mooring in single player mission  (Read 3552 times)

brian-usa

• Forum member
Mooring in single player mission
« on: November 03, 2013, 04:20:11 »

Is there a specific dock in which the single player mission requires you to dock? If so, how do you recognize the specific dock?
I am sailing Winner to Dover, and cannot find any moorings at the cargo dock and nearby docks, just inside the breakwater. The simulator manual I have seems very vague.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 04:22:32 by brian-usa »

cptdave1958

• Forum member
Re: Mooring in single player mission
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 14:09:41 »

If I recall this mission, they are on the right of the entrance

brian-usa

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 17:34:09 »

That is where I landed, at the cargo terminal. But there are no mooring bollards at the docks. There have to be mooring bollards on the dock to moor, correct?

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 18:19:30 »

If you give the full title of the mission it is a great help. ::)  If you mean the mission "Hamburg to Dover", which I think you do, then if you look at the pictures you will see that all is well. Instructions to dock at Admiralty pier are given and then it is very straightforward to find the berth (Marked with a green waypoint) and moor safely. At the time you are in position of the second picture you can actually see the two mooring bollards on the quayside.

Regards,
Angus.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 18:23:03 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 19:36:35 »

Oops, now you see the importance of giving full details. :o The mission is "Winner to Dover" and the mooring berth is as shown in the attached picture. Again no real problem if you follow instructions.

Angus.

brian-usa

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 22:00:08 »

Yes, that is where I went to dock, however, there were no mooring bollards on the dock (as seen in your screenshot). The instructions in the pdf manual are vague regarding how to moor, but I clicked on the anchor icon, then the mooring icon, clicked on the yellow balls and dragged my mouse to the dock, with no success.

brian-usa

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 22:16:11 »

You are correct, it is sailing Winner from Hamburg to Dover, so I must be at the wrong terminal. Will try again. Is there some other instruction manual besides the pdf that comes with the software? This manual does not explain green icons, red icons, green stars, or much of anything on the map.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 23:52:59 »

Hi Brian,
If you click on a yellow ball (mooring icon), provided you are close enough to the quayside where you are to moor, then the bollards on the quay will light up yellow also, then click on the bollard you wish to use and the mooring rope will appear, and the mooring point on the ship will turn red. To unmoor click on the red point and the mooring rope is freed. Green balls are towing points which operate in a similar fashion but will activate tow ropes instead of mooring ropes. The green stars are waypoints which you have to travel to with your ship. red buoys are to be passed to port in Europe but to starboard in USA. Green ones are to be passed to Starboard in Europe but to port in USA. The blue ball indicates the ships anchor/s and when clicked will lower the anchor. do not do this at speed as you will probably wreck your ship when the anchor bites!!!!
If you play "Tutorial mission 01" most of the questions you ask will be made clear and you can experiment with the various mooring/ unmooring, anchoring, deploying boats etc. You will find the mission in your "Single missions " list. An explanation of the buoyage system can also be found here as well as a simplified note on the International regulations (COLREGS) :- http://forum.shipsim.com/index.php/topic,20837.msg281515.html#msg281515

Angus.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 11:34:57 by Traddles »

brian-usa

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2013, 03:52:49 »

Thanks Angus,
I must have overlooked the tutorial mission. I appreciate the info on the bouy order too. The saying in US waters is "red, right, return" for entering a channel from open waters; I suppose this would get me in trouble in Europe.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 04:02:35 by brian-usa »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines