Hello Guest April 25, 2024, 00:58:52 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiplay servers.  (Read 1500 times)

Trampship Man

• Forum member
Multiplay servers.
« on: August 11, 2013, 17:40:44 »

Hi All
I frequently go into SS2008 Multiplayer, but it seems that folk are no longer interested. There`s never anyone playing.  So...... as an alternative I look into SSE Multiplayer [although I consider SSE to be a very poor game].
Unfortunately, when I attempt to connect to a server on SSE I ALWAYS get a blank servers box followed by a message that "The connection could not be made because the server failed to respond".

Any one have any ideas on this ?
Trampshipman

Dannypenguin

• Forum member
Re: Multiplay servers.
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 20:32:05 »

In reply to the SS08 no-one goes on, I find that as a teenager, I go to bed when other people are just coming online (I'm not a stay up all night teenager :D). If you can get on between around 18:00 GMT and 20:30 GMT just PM me and I should be able to come on. :) No promises though...

danny

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 01:50:27 »

Hi TrampShip Man,

Theres only two reasons (that I can think of) why you can't see any servers in SSE. Reason 1 - Your firewall is stopping SSE from connecting the servers, or reason 2 - There aren't any servers, as they're down for maintenance or simply turned off.

Unfortunately I can't check to see if the servers are working at the moment, as I don't have SSE installed on my laptop... and I don't have the installer "here" either. (Although I couldn't install SSE even if I did have the installer, as my laptop is already full to the gunnel's with programs).
STCW II/1 Unlimited Officer Of the Watch.
Big or small, I'll sail 'em all!

Trampship Man

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 11:24:27 »

Dannypenguin......Thanks for your response. I shall give you a shout sometime.

Danny......I don`t think it`s a matter of the servers being `down` as this problem is long standing and I continue to get it EVERY time.  I`ll give the Firewall angle a go though.  Thanks for your thoughts, much appreciated.
Trampshipman

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 06:34:04 »

Hi Trampship Man, another factor is probably that the SS08 servers are regularly plagued by the 'due to inactivity' (DTI) bug, which kicks you off the server after a few minutes. VStep seems unable to make a permanent fix for it.

http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,19525.0.html
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 06:06:29 by saltydog »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines