Hello Guest April 27, 2024, 19:52:52 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: HACKER (READ PLEASE EVERYONE)  (Read 7727 times)

Jake_Savage

• Forum member
HACKER (READ PLEASE EVERYONE)
« on: July 13, 2013, 19:24:04 »

Hello All

I am just writign to inform you of a hacker in SSE. He plays multiplayer and he copies your name but in caps for example:

JamesWright.

He would use
jameswright
JAMESWRIGHT
jAMEswWRIGht

anything

if this happens please stop him from hacking you by re entering channel with a harder name like
uyfrcmg4mg4cvh4h6

(only temporaily whilst we wait for mods to deal with him)

I hope you can sort this idiot out as he doesnt want to play the game he just wants to cause trouble

Stay Cool :thumbs:

GeoP17

• Forum member
Re: HACKER (READ PLEASE EVERYONE)
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 20:06:28 »

Jake,
What kind of troubles can this person cause?

Thanks a lot stormforce!

The Ferry King

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 22:16:17 »

Better idea, deal with it. From the nearly 3 years of playing SSE i have gone through situations worse than that. From what i know there is absolutely nothing the administrators will do unless its an emergency like actually 'hacking' your computer or threatening you with something, not for copying your name. There is an option where you should be able to ignore this 'hacker'. If that doesn't work make sure everyone agrees with you about the so called 'hacker' being annoyed and you could all vote to kick this player out.
But i would personally recommend you to ignore people like that. They will eventually get bored of their actions and give up.

Jake_Savage

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 22:19:21 »

No the problem is he controlled my ship and if we tryed kicking the vote went out to both of us. So we would both be kicked.

GeoP17

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 08:32:00 »

So....,The problem he/she causes can be only with our accounts or with our computers? ??? ??? ???

Thanks a lot stormforce!

Jake_Savage

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 09:24:31 »

I don't understand that comment but basically he would copy your name as close as possible then whatever happens to you happens to him. He can steer your ship and if you vote to get him kicked it would kick you both.

GeoP17

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 09:39:37 »

Will he/she cause problem only to the game or in my computer too?

Thanks a lot stormforce!

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2013, 12:56:43 »

Can you try doing a right click on his account name? It should show his forum name I believe.
Also, please provide visible evidence of the person in question like using screenshots.
You can send these screenshots to me personally.

No the problem is he controlled my ship and if we tryed kicking the vote went out to both of us. So we would both be kicked.

I wonder how he could manage to controll your ship. The only way possible is when his SSE installation is registered using your license key. These keys are unique and private upon purchase. So you either posted your key somewhere public, or somebody else knows your key and is playing a prank on you.

Truly hacking in SSE should not be possible. It requires a certain programming knowledge. I assume true hackers got something better to do than hacking SSE's servers.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 13:01:04 by Mr Robville »

Jake_Savage

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2013, 14:34:59 »

What should I capture in the screenshots as he has just done it again but ichabged my name.

He isn't registered in the forum as it says (N/A)

Jake_Savage

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2013, 14:38:50 »

Just found out he accessed my files as all of my ship design files are missing now :(:(:(:(

GeoP17

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2013, 14:43:22 »

According to your last comment Jake he/she gets both in our game and our computer...right?

Thanks a lot stormforce!

Jake_Savage

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2013, 15:14:40 »

They can do yes but whether they do or not for you I dont know.

GeoP17

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2013, 15:29:47 »

and how can i stop him? :-\

Thanks a lot stormforce!

Jake_Savage

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2013, 15:38:04 »

There is no way as our only hope is VSTEP and its highly unlikely they will do anything.

GeoP17

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2013, 19:20:22 »

Anyway, I just want to say to all multiplayer players that if someone with my name start belching them :thumbdown: it's not me...it's someone else.

I also want to please him (the hacker) to stop whatever he does, because if the VSTEP or the forum admins catch him, he will be in troubles.

Jake if you have heard something about this matter, inform us.

George
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 19:22:49 by GeoP17 »

Thanks a lot stormforce!

The Ferry King

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2013, 20:18:39 »

no sure about this, seems like an external hacker, you sure all your SSE files have been deleted, have you checked for it everywhere ie type into search bar and stuff?

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2013, 20:40:04 »

Just found out he accessed my files as all of my ship design files are missing now :(:(:(:(

This sound a bit strange in my ears, how can you be sure that it is this person who have done that?

A hacker get access to your computer, and he do not steel any of your programs or password to banks and mail accounts, but he steel your drawings of ships. What should he do with a childs drawings of ships?

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po

Jake_Savage

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2013, 22:09:38 »

I don't store any passwords on my PC and don't click remember me for a trying so I know they are safe. Loads of other files that aren't as important went missing but I was really pleased with my progress on my latest project so that's what first came to my attention. No passwords gone cos I don't keep them.

boatsimrocks25

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2013, 03:23:39 »

I actually had this moron guy that Jake_Savage was talking about and joined my server and was ramming other player's ships and abusing the name bug in multiplayer.

If my MP name is Coast and he joins with COAST, I CAN'T Kick Him because the game treats his name as mine Coast. So if people vote kick him, I end up getting KICKED from MY Own Server that I created.

This is a serious thing that needs to be addressed. One fix I can think of thats easy to do is REMOVE the ability to use a custom name and replace it with your forums name.
Btw the forums name bug is now broken in the official servers and the created servers.

I know who it is doing it, but i'm not going to name shame him, but i'm sure we all know who it is and the moderators and admins do to.

He got so bad I just IP banned him from joining my server with a IP blocker I got.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 05:15:40 by boatsimrocks25 »
"Ship Sim Extremes Woohoo!"

"Oceana© is and always will be my Favorite Ship in the Ship Sim© Series

Jake_Savage

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2013, 07:04:23 »

Can you PM me his name then we can get it sorted?

GeoP17

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2013, 07:24:23 »

boatsimrocks25: ...One fix I can think of thats easy to do is REMOVE the ability to use a custom name and replace it with your forums name...

So boatsimrocks25 do you mean that we can avoid him by getting in the servers with our profile names?
ex. my profile name is GeoP17...sould i get into the servers as GeoP17...?

Also, boatsimrocks25 please PM me his name.

Finaly i want to know if that person can get into our computers only from the game.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 07:31:38 by GeoP17 »

Thanks a lot stormforce!

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2013, 11:53:43 »

Finaly i want to know if that person can get into our computers only from the game.

Impossible.

If thats the case you'll have to worry about a lot more than just SSE-MP.
People cannot hack into other computers just by playing ShipSim's multiplayer. If you are certain someone else removed your content, then he has access to your computer, which includes, but is not limited to ShipSim Extremes.
In such case, there is nothing VSTEP can do about it as this problem isn't SSE related. I would advice you to take your computer to a computer Expert or someone who knows how to track the executable that the hacker is using to gain access to your PC.

Regarding the MP abuser, I will report this issue and ask if VSTEP can provide me the MP logs.
On which server did this happen?
And to make sure, which user names did he use?

He got so bad I just IP banned him from joining my server with a IP blocker I got.

Can you send me this IP address through PM? It can help tracking him down.

GeoP17

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2013, 14:16:50 »

So Mr Robville do you mean that he/she only hacks the game and not our computers?

Thanks a lot stormforce!

Jake_Savage

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2013, 15:27:13 »

Ill take it to an expert.

He copied my username Jake_Savage but a few others aswell.

This happened in the Ferry DLC server in Dover. I don't know the number.

boatsimrocks25

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2013, 18:07:01 »

"So boatsimrocks25 do you mean that we can avoid him by getting in the servers with our profile names?
ex. my profile name is GeoP17...should i get into the servers as GeoP17...?"
^Sort of, it seems this..lets call him--Multiplayer abuser-- has no profile name when on official servers it just shows N/A.
He would need a forums account to be able to access multiplayer which in return would not allow him to play online and would also make it simple for the admin's/moderators to ban him because people will be able to report his profile name that will show in the list of people on the server instead of the custom names that you can make in-game.
Then there would not be anymore name copy glitching which the Multiplayer abuser seems to love to do a lot.

"Also, boatsimrocks25 please PM me his name."--Not going to do that. Just let Vstep and the admin's/mods handle this.

"This happened in the Ferry DLC server in Dover. I don't know the number."--Vstep official server 1 [Ferry DLC] at Dover.
"Ship Sim Extremes Woohoo!"

"Oceana© is and always will be my Favorite Ship in the Ship Sim© Series
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines