Hello Guest April 27, 2024, 15:32:27 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cars in free roam  (Read 3016 times)

Tim Beard

• Forum member
cars in free roam
« on: September 04, 2012, 15:58:27 »

When using the ferrries in free roam like the albatros iv and the sea cat etc, is it possible to load cars onto them at dover and such places like you can in some missions??

Traddles

• Global Moderator
Re: cars in free roam
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 16:16:13 »

The only way that the cars can be used is in a mission, in which the mission builder has given the cars instructions what they must do.

Traddles.
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Tim Beard

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 19:35:56 »

Ahh i see, so if you create youe own missions is it possible to to load cars then or is it just something V-Step can do?

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 19:43:25 »

If you can work out how to build a mission using the Editor you can make the cars do what YOU want them to do. It is, quite difficult to understand how to do it though. ::)

Traddles.

Tim Beard

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 19:51:05 »

Thanks for the reply Traddles, I did try having ago at creating a mission earlier but im affraid to say it turned my brain to mush, but i am not put off and will keep trying.
Is there any where on the forum where people have created custom missions and uploaded them?? i have looked but not had much luck.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 19:56:24 »

Hi Tim,
When you go into the game and download from the "Single mission" list, all the missions there are made by players, not by Vstep. There is no facility for placing missions on the forum, although it is possible to zip a mission up and post it as an attachment to a post. There is no reason to do it this way though.

Traddles.

ci

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 18:04:24 »

Hi Tim
Another way to learn mission editor is open it and click on custom missions open the mission you have played and study how they have done it.Keep going at it and you'll get there in the end,and thats how i learnt to use it but not all of it yet

ci

KamourLaska

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2012, 19:49:03 »

When using the ferrries in free roam like the albatros iv and the sea cat etc, is it possible to load cars onto them at dover and such places like you can in some missions??

Hello ''Tim Beard'' You can indeed make cars move and do about in the Mission Creator, but while it IS difficult 
If you learn how to properly use it, you can instruct cars to do as you say in Free Roam  :angel:
I like ships.
Ships like me.

-[Official Captain of the M.S Oceana]-

!!!I LIKE TO ASK QUESTIONS!!!

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2012, 22:18:52 »

Hello ''Tim Beard'' You can indeed make cars move and do about in the Mission Creator, but while it IS difficult 
If you learn how to properly use it, you can instruct cars to do as you say in Free Roam  :angel:

KamourLaska, I am not sure of how to understand what you are saying.

What I do not get is this part:
If you learn how to properly use it, you can instruct cars to do as you say in Free Roam

In my head so are you saying that you can change something in the Mission Editor so you actually can do this in Freeroam. What I know from before and what other's here have stated, so is it impossible to do this in Freeroam(load and unload passangers and cars). But if you have found a way to change this so please tell it? How do you instruct cars and passengers to load in Freeroam?

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po

KamourLaska

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2013, 23:38:57 »

I HAVE NO IDEA! That was a theory...  :lol: :lol: :lol: :o ::) :P :angel: :doh: :captain: :police:
I like ships.
Ships like me.

-[Official Captain of the M.S Oceana]-

!!!I LIKE TO ASK QUESTIONS!!!

kathy4691

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2013, 02:53:01 »

I think wiqvist’s point was: Though you can create your own “free roam” with cars on the dock prepared to load, and a ferry prepared to accept them, how do you tell them to load?
The answer is simply to trigger the loading when the ferry moors at the dock. The problem is that with logic required to control the cars on the dock, and logic for detecting when the ferry is moored, you are dangerously close to creating an actual mission; that is real scary.

If you want to try making a mission or free roam with cars, you can find instructions in the Mission Editor Notes in the Carz section. It is not difficult to do if you are familiar with the basic operations in the editor. If you have not used the editor, I suggest that you do the exercises in the tutorial section beginning with Getting Started… and continuing through Rescuing a swimmer. That will teach you all the basic moves; how to steer and blow the whistle.
The carz move from point to point. They will go up ramps if you place points carefully at the place where the slope changes. Carz, like other object such as bollards, are initially placed at sea level and must be raised to the surface by adjusting the Y value in their Properties the same way you placed bollards in the exercises.
If you have any questions, post them in this topic or send me a PM. You can also send an email to the address in my Profile. That has the advantage that I may attach example missions to my reply.
I think Carz was the latest section Martin added to the Notes; If your copy does not have Carz, download the latest copy.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 23:15:14 by kathy4691 »

kathy4691

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2013, 02:25:16 »

I asked Martin if he ever put a Carz example on the forum. He remembered one, but it required White Marlin, which did not mate well with the loading ramp. He sent a version without the ferry; it is attached to this post.

You can watch the blue car from the bridge or external view of Apollo.  Feel free to open it in the editor to learn how it’s done and play around with it. There is a second car on the water that you can practice raising to ramp level and moving.

He thinks there may be one or more missions on the D/L list. There’s better than 50% chance it’s by rooster24. Sadsid is the other creator he thinks would have the guts to try one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines