Hello Guest April 29, 2024, 03:39:00 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Radio chats please  (Read 1826 times)

GKeef

• Forum member
New Radio chats please
« on: February 11, 2013, 20:05:18 »

Could we please have some new radio sound files. I love the sim and I liked having the radio chatter but I am sick to death of the same old dialog. If I hear that guy say he "didn't see the buoy" one more time I shall explode !

jantunen

• Forum member
Re: New Radio chats please
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 11:58:07 »

Hi, just put the radio volume to 0, and open this http://www.ship-tracking.co.uk/radio/fullplayer.html   to background.

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 22:48:40 »

What about different chatter for every port with designated languages? In Hamburg there would be German chatter, Bora Bora would maybe be French, and British ports would have chatter in English with English accents (the current chatter would fit nicely in the Solent). And maybe on multiplayer the amount of chatter would grow or decline depending on how busy the server is.
Today's weather:

http://www.lsmma.com/webcam/webcam_st.html

Not to sound cliched, but what a long, strange, trip it's been.

GKeef

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 22:01:20 »

Thankyou Jantunen. That site is excellent. Sounds a bit odd in Bora Bora, but better than the same old chatter !

pusser_uk

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 23:17:44 »

Hi, just put the radio volume to 0, and open this http://www.ship-tracking.co.uk/radio/fullplayer.html   to background.

The whole ship tracking site is great!! Thanks for the link.
/\/\ike

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 12:49:00 »

I found out some things regarding to this, if you follow the path :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\ship simulator extremes\Projects\ShipSimExtremes\Content\Sound\Entity\Ships\Radio

This is where you can find where the radio chatter files are located. But there is only 1, this is all the radio chatter available for Ship Simulator. In Ship Simulator 2008 was a different story.........with Ship Simulator 2008 by following the path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Vstep\ShipSim2008\Radio

here we have over 7 folders with radio chatter. This is thanks to a mod created by community members. This has more than 1 radio freq recording, leading to one happy customer. I miss the Community made goodies like they had for Ship Sim 2008. I wonder why Ship Sim Ex. dose not have such thing anymore
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 12:56:07 by Third Mate »

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Sir_Tramalot

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 16:01:17 »

May I just point out that the chatter would normally be in English (with accents), because that is the international shipping language.

A user coming from a naval family
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines