Hello Guest April 29, 2024, 09:21:53 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please Help!!! Ship Sim Extremes Demo keeps crashing on startup!!!  (Read 1153 times)

dr3wm3i

• Forum member

Hello, I recently downloaded SSE demo from Steam and it won't start. I have downloaded all redistributables from 2005 to 2010 and have manually downloaded Nvidia Physx. It keeps loading to 100% then  saying questviewer has encountered a problem and must close. I have Windows 8 on and amd a8-4500m laptop, with a radeon hd 7640g graphics card, and 8gb 1600mhz ram. I play Wings of Prey, Assassin's Creed, and many other games just fine. What is going on? I even ran it in compatibility mode(Windows XP SP 3 using unregister.exe)...Please Help!!!

hansgutana

• Forum member

Hi, according to your O.P. (Operating System) which is Windows 8, SSE i think (whether or not demo),isn't compatible with Windows 8 yet it was released when Windows 8 wasn't invented yet.That's what i think, but i'm not sure.Maybe in next patch of SSE it will be compatible for Windows 8, but i'm still not sure.... for more further information ask the Admins or Moderators.
And by the way, can you please tell me your P.C's specs (aside from the Operating System)?

P.S. Welcome to the forums!   :captain:
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 16:05:10 by hansgutana »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines