Hello Guest April 19, 2024, 04:17:57 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hackers/Trolls  (Read 2131 times)

Aslad

• Forum member
Hackers/Trolls
« on: March 16, 2013, 19:03:27 »

Hi.
I was recently 'hacked' by a player who at first I presumed to be an internet troll. He came onto the server a few minutes after I had using my username (Aslas) but in capitals (ASLAS) At first I ignored him. But then weird things began to happen. I was able to control both my ship and his ship on multiplayer, and vice versa. Then randomly, I returned to the lobby with no warning, and I hadn't touched escape. This happened a couple of times.  Then my game crashed-I don't know whether that was the hacker-and when I re-joined the server, I had to change my username as the troll/hacker was now using mine. This 'hacking' happened twice, on Wednesday and Thursday. I don't know if it will happen again.
I would be grateful to know if anyone else as had this problem.

Thanks, Aslas
"A good captain takes care of his crew and his ship. Endeavour to be that good captain"

Aslad

• Forum member
Re: Hackers/Trolls
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 21:25:13 »

I forgot to mention that if someone attempted to kick him, it was kicking me instead
"A good captain takes care of his crew and his ship. Endeavour to be that good captain"

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 23:17:25 »

Has this issue already been dealt with? I cannot seem to find any other member with a similar name to yours.

Aslad

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 17:25:32 »

Someone who was also on the server at the time said that he looked up the person's steam account, and it was thomasc96 or something like that. When he said that, the fake Aslas left and hasn't returned since.

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 17:52:34 »

Hi Aslas,

Any chance you know or have written down exactly at what time, and on what date, this all took place?

If anything weird happens that makes you think someone is up to no good, always try to report it to us with as many details as possible about how, what, when, what server, what time, etc. And even if you can, try to make some screenshots.

There's a lot to be found in the logs, but it's much easier to have information to pinpoint it, obviously.  :)

Regards,
Fred

Aslad

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 18:40:49 »

Hi Mad Fred

I'm not sure what days these were on, but I know it was last week. It happened over two days, and I have not seen this player since, unless he is now using another name. I haven't noticed anything strange since. Sorry, I don't know the days. However, there were other people on the server with me. I know that Shaunny and Matthew were on, as well as a few others that I can't remember.
Also, as I am quite new to this forum, I was wondering; how do people make those animated banners at the bottom of their posts?

Many Thanks,
Aslas

Aslad

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 18:42:26 »

Also, I know I saw him on Server 10 one day, and one of the Solent servers the next. ( I think it was the one where Deniz Dogacan be used, I'm not sure

Aslad

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 18:44:14 »

Ah just read the original post-the hacking incidents happened on Wednesday and Thursday last week

Aslad

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 18:45:09 »

It would have happened after 4:00pm (GMT) as that is when I get home and I start playing usually after that
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines