Hello Guest April 26, 2024, 14:51:16 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows8?  (Read 2437 times)

Midships

• Forum member
Windows8?
« on: January 02, 2013, 23:38:46 »

Hi all,

First time for me here,
Short question; I have just installed Windows 8 on my Computer. Is Windows 8 compatible with Shipsimulator 2008?

Thanks in advance,

Midships

LorenzoJ

• Forum member
Re: Windows8?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 19:09:53 »

Hi. I'm just setting up a new comp, i7 quad core, NVidia graphics, etc. standard Windows 8, 64 bit. I just got through installing Ship Sim 2008 from my original game disc and activation code. No errors or problems during install and seems to run just fine. Did a couple quick default missions with dif ships.

I still need to load the updates from ver 1.3 build 1017.

I bought the New Horizons upgrade on line and also later the Ship Sims Extreme. Hopefully I can locate my install files and codes for those.

Edit: Been away from Ship Sim and this site for awhile....... I just tripped over the "My Account" page which has the links to re-install my stuff. Still not sure about the New Horizons upgrade though. I don't think there was a download link for that. Since I have the activation code written down, I may not have purchased from the Ship Sim site
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 03:25:48 by LorenzoJ »

Midships

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 22:00:13 »

Hello again,

I installed Shipsim 2008, update 1.4.2 and New horizons and everything seems to run as it should (for me anyhow).

Midships

LorenzoJ

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 22:10:58 »

Glad to hear it. Even though I have the more current "Extremes" I think that the older 2008 has more depth and appeal.

I did discover that I bought the New Horizons download directly from the Ship Sims site ( found the saved confirmation email ). So it surprise me that it doesn't show in my list of available downloads. I have written to tech support so hopefully they can help me out with this. I do have my activation codes registered so no problem there. Frustrating cause so many missions require the New Horizons to be installed.

Both versions run so much smoother on my new computer that it's like having a new game installed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines