Hello Guest April 27, 2024, 17:04:32 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Come on Vstep!!!  (Read 3406 times)

sondre-tide

• Forum member
Come on Vstep!!!
« on: November 18, 2012, 21:17:46 »

What kind of unserieus game developer are you? I mean sorry, but after all, this game was released in 2010 and in my mind it's still unplayable. Let me explain to you why: first of all I'm a ferry enthusiast, I like to drive the Red Eagle in SSE between Cowes and Southampton. Docking and Undocking in Cowes goes ok, but when I travel up the channel to Southampton, I like to use the autopilot instead of driving the entire route. So, when I'm about to dock in Southampton, I slip right through the dock. Awesome isn't it? Well if I don't use the autopilot and drive the entire route and try to dock, guess what? The ferry bounces of the quai and everything goes straight to H***. Please try to see this from my point of view, i've bought a game because I like ferries, whether I drive the POR bewteen Dover-Calais, or the Red Eagle, and use the autopilot, I slip right through the dock.. Really annoying, I mean, you've had 5 patches and you still haven't fixed these real important problems.

Have you given up on SSE or what's the problem?
I'd really like to see these bugs fixed in the near future.

Thanks for your time. 

Traddles

• Global Moderator
Re: Come on Vstep!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 21:45:20 »

I'm sorry, but any REAL seafarer who would try to use auto pilot in confined waters such as Southampton Water would lose his job PRONTO. :o :doh: So that problem is non existant in the real world. ??? If you use the correct ferry terminals then you should have no problems with bouncing off the piers. Try to remember that the auto pilot is ONLY ever used in open sea conditions. :-X

Traddles.
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

pomperek

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 21:59:43 »

If, in fact, float, any boat on the canals in Rotterdam, where the traffic is like on Wall Street, quickly have forgotten the autopilot, the first collision ;D
Successful 2014  for all  :-)

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 00:56:04 »

I think Vstep have stopped making patches, at least have it not been ment anywhere since the last patch.

It seems like they are satisfied with how the game works now.

This is for sure my own guess, if they was working on a new patch so should they have said something about it.

Maybe Vstep also look at the problem you have as Traddle and Pomperek seems to do, that you have to blame your self cause you used the 'autopilot' and not used the right terminals. What happens if you go there with another ship will also that bounce away? Maybe no ship are allowed to use that quay?

It also seems like the interest for the game have fallen a lot the last months, the 'teaser'-thread is a good example, there is very low interest. So I think more and more person have given up this game. And if so few asking for patches to fix the game so will it not come either, I think.

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po

sondre-tide

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 08:30:50 »

I use the right terminal in Southampton where the Red Eagle usually docks. There's not like there's many ferry terminals in The Solent scenery anyways. This happens to every single vessel I sail, wheter it's the red jet 4 docking at the same terminal or it's the Ocean Prince mooring at the Fawley Terminal, the vessel bounces several meters from the quai (we're talking extreme bouncing) makes me really annoyed. And the reason why I use the autopilot is because the route is shortened out then, I don't allways have time to drive 1 hour up to Southampton..

It's too bad Vstep has given up the game, if they'd put a little more effort into it, the game could bee SO much better :)

larsdehaan

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 09:54:33 »

They haven't gave up on the game, They are STILL developping new stuff, Why not focus on the problems there are you ask?,No idea But that's up to V-step

JoMach

• Dutch Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 12:16:57 »

I use the right terminal in Southampton where the Red Eagle usually docks. There's not like there's many ferry terminals in The Solent scenery anyways. This happens to every single vessel I sail, wheter it's the red jet 4 docking at the same terminal or it's the Ocean Prince mooring at the Fawley Terminal, the vessel bounces several meters from the quai (we're talking extreme bouncing) makes me really annoyed. And the reason why I use the autopilot is because the route is shortened out then, I don't allways have time to drive 1 hour up to Southampton..

It's too bad Vstep has given up the game, if they'd put a little more effort into it, the game could bee SO much better :)
Hi All when you put a picture here with the place of bounching it will be easier to find out the problem ??? Jomach

pomperek

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 13:26:52 »

The problem of reflection from quaii applies to any mission. The completion of the mission is two mooring ropes. I know that it is different from the reality, but I enjoy the same opportunity to reach the target without collision excesses etc. Nothing, apart from human brain does not have the precision of the executive :)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 13:28:32 by pomperek »

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2012, 15:19:35 »

I was curious to see if there was something wrong with the environment, so I just tried it out..
No trouble at all docking, no bouncy piers, no going through the dock..
Are you sure you have the latest updates ?

JoMach

• Dutch Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2012, 15:21:35 »

I was curious to see if there was something wrong with the environment, so I just tried it out..
No trouble at all docking, no bouncy piers, no going through the dock..
Are you sure you have the latest updates ?
I also have no problems at all. but oke you must be carefully eith mooring, less than 1 kn is a must to mooring than you have no problems at all. :doh: jomach

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2012, 15:27:41 »

@Wigvist:
It also seems like the interest for the game have fallen a lot the last months, the 'teaser'-thread is a good example, there is very low interest. So I think more and more person have given up this game. And if so few asking for patches to fix the game so will it not come either, I think.

Players who are unsatisfied with SSE 2010 should revert to SS08!

STORMM_29

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2012, 05:11:06 »

i have problems and i bought the collection :thumbdown:
Stormm_29 :)

sondre-tide

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2012, 10:50:33 »

That's odd, must be something buggy in my game then.. When I dock the ferry, I use slow speed, and I barely touch the quai before it bounces off. I will try and post a picture within the weekend. Can also mention that I use "no damage" when playing, this shouldn't matter though... And yes I have the latest updates 1.5.

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2012, 17:49:54 »

Ever curious, I deliberately rammed the dock, frontal at over 4kts, and again sideways at 3kts, just to see what happened.
Nothing happened, except the sound of a crash..   :)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 02:37:08 by saltydog »

pomperek

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2012, 18:24:35 »

Not reaching the quai, moor two ropes. The mission is completed, and then the "continue" You can then translate the rope as you want, come to an end, but a minimum of two lines need to be. Then do not run away. Each of us wants to end the mission professionally. Sometimes you can not. I wrote about it. higher

sondre-tide

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2012, 14:54:55 »

Hmmmm, for some reason, the ship' doesn't bounce if I use damage on.. Will do some testing, but this seems rather strange to me.

pomperek

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2012, 09:39:01 »

Why strange. There are those who just quickly classified mission, and there are those who slowly and carefully. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines