Hello Guest April 30, 2024, 08:27:46 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where to dock the Latitude?  (Read 1699 times)

CarterTheCargoMan

• Forum member
Where to dock the Latitude?
« on: October 02, 2012, 23:27:19 »

Hello fellow ship captains!

This is a question that I have been wondering ever since I first grounded the Latitude... where on Earth can it go!? I've tryed even the biggest port in the sim, the Port of Rotterdam. Now, I'm no noob at this game, no sir I'm a veteran, ever since SS06 have I been apart of the Ship Simulator. But I just recently got SSE and have been scratching my head, because the Latitude is a big ship (and fun to be captain of), we all know that, but why on Earth put a ship in a sim that ya can't dock?

I want to know if any of you guys have succesfully found a place on SSE where the Latitude can succesfully dock, and does not ground. I've tryed nearly all the deep ports in Rotterdam with no success. Is there a way in SSE to unload the Latitude and put it into ballast condition in order to dock it? Because I read that because of a supertankers size, they usually cannot enter port fully loaded. Which makes since in SSE, but it also doesn't. What fun is it drive the Latitude around the Atlantic Ocean? Any 2 year old could push the magic button on the keyboard and raise the Latitude's throttle to 100%, but it takes skill to dock it.

Any takers?

Carter

P.S. Terribly sorry if this has already been discussed, just please direct me to the right place and I'll carry on from there. Also, if I'm posting in the wrong place I apologize for that as well.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 01:48:21 by CarterTheCargoMan »

virtualpilot

• Forum member
Re: Where to dock the Latitude?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 08:13:59 »

I fully agree with your sentiments. As you say sailing a big ship across the Atlantic or any such seaway is no fun but manoeuvering a big baby to get into a dock, now that is where the fun is not to mention the skil required in order to get the ship alongside. The degree of fun, for me is just the same, irrespective of the size of the vessel without having recourse to thrusters. I prefer using tugs, if necessary So count me in for an unladen version of the Latitude.

N

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 16:49:04 »

Try the mission, "Arriving Rotterdam during the night". Or berth "Latitude" at the 6e Petroleumhaven in Europoort as a free roaming exercise. Failing that, take her to Fawley tanker berths in Southampton Water, or the Kill van Kull tanker berths in New York harbour.
There are quite a number of places where the VLCC can be taken to a berth, all you need to do is look!!!

Traddles.
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

CarterTheCargoMan

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 21:53:04 »

Try the mission, "Arriving Rotterdam during the night". Or berth "Latitude" at the 6e Petroleumhaven in Europoort as a free roaming exercise. Failing that, take her to Fawley tanker berths in Southampton Water, or the Kill van Kull tanker berths in New York harbour.
There are quite a number of places where the VLCC can be taken to a berth, all you need to do is look!!!

Traddles.
Thanks for you guys' replies,

I've tried to dock the Latitude at 6e Petroleumhaven before, I believe it was a success. As for other places, I don't believe the Latitude can go. Rotterdam seems to be the only harbor in SSE that can fit the Latitude, but I could be wrong. But if you notice on the aft of the Latitude, it's port of registry is Rotterdam. I will try the mission, but as for now I declare this thread closed. Apparently I didn't "look" hard enough.  :D Thanks again for your replies, I will try these suggestions.

Best regards,

Carter

« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 22:09:35 by CarterTheCargoMan »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines