Hello Guest September 19, 2024, 23:15:25 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: portsmouth  (Read 1880 times)

Pompeyfan_2291

• Forum member
portsmouth
« on: October 06, 2007, 08:47:27 »

got ship sim on monday. very good in my opinion. however as i live in portsmouth i couldn't help but notice thing that have been missed. i appriciate what you have done. but just thought i'd point out some thing. next to the spinaker tower is portsmouth harbour station. where wightlinks fast cats moor up and passengers disembark. as well as that there is a floating barge, where the saint class and unused fastcats moor up. almost exactly opposite is the pontoon for gosport ferries ( who also run charter and sightseeing cruses into the solent)  i also noticed you missed out the cross channel berths? would be nice to be able to dock the POR up.

off topic, but is it possible for people to create or edit ships and skins?

go into local.live or google and have a look. its a great harbour

paintar 02

Re: portsmouth
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 09:00:28 »

Hiya pompy..tho this is not exactly as we would like ..i was amazed when doing the Titanic..up the solent...in 1987 i did my last trip on a VLCC..MV.MOBIL FLINDERS..the Frawley terminal was just as i remember..even the little village nearby..where i drank mulled wine till the early hours..had a crew change ..flew to Amsterdam..then Singapore...landed in Melbourne 2 weeks after paying off...them was the days... ;D ;D ;D

robparker5

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 19:42:12 »

I quite agree that a few little things added to the Portsmouth scene would make things much more interesting and, in a couple of cases, actually assist with navigation.  I appreciate that the Spinnaker Tower does offer a landmark for the inner harbour but for use of the hovercraft then the inclusion of the War Memorial column on Southsea Common would make the trip across from Ryde much easier (just aim left of the War Memorial!  ;D)

Going the other way towards Ryde then the dominant feature on the skyline is the church with the pointed spire in Ryde town.  In good visibility you can see this from the Southsea beach.  Again, a great help in navigation.

Lastly, how much time would it have taken to model the Hovertravel ticket office alongside the ramp?  It's just not realistic to have the hovercraft run up onto the beach with only a car park in sight.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 01:30:32 »

Remember that Portsmouth was only added so that there was some scenery when you sail down the Solent and for the Hovercraft- it was never advertised with Portsmouth as a feature- so it's just a bonus.

That said, Portsmouth (as I've said before) as Portsmouth has already partly been modelled, it wouldn't be so hard to complete it and sell it as the main feature of a future add on. However, I wouldn't bank on it as I think Vstep is likely to make addons for different parts of the world to appeal to as many possible users worldwide.

If night features are improved in future releases, what a spectacular sight the Spinny tower would be. For anyone that has never seen it at night- it really is a truly great icon in a truly great city.

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines