Hello Guest April 29, 2024, 09:02:30 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weather bug in Ship Simulator: Extremes! HELP PLEASE!  (Read 2225 times)

ShadowSF96

• Forum member
Weather bug in Ship Simulator: Extremes! HELP PLEASE!
« on: September 07, 2012, 21:54:52 »

This is a really annoying bug  :(
Every time i go to free roam, and i choose my weather to either snow or rain, the snow or rain completely freaks out, and the sky is moving around so much. Totally unplayable, and i love having some weather on when i play.

I have attached two pictures to this post, which is how it looks.

Help please, and tell me if you need more info.
Forever alone Danish gamer.

danny

• Forum member
Re: Weather bug in Ship Simulator: Extremes! HELP PLEASE!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 22:12:50 »

If you move the camera does it make any difference? When I move the camera my snow or rain freaks out, but it fixes itself as soon as I stop moving the camera.
STCW II/1 Unlimited Officer Of the Watch.
Big or small, I'll sail 'em all!

ShadowSF96

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 22:18:14 »

Nope, i tried to hold the camera still, and after about 30 seconds of complete weather freaking out, the rain just disappeared. And i couldn't turn it on again.

That's another problem i sometimes also have, that i can't even turn the weather on.

What should i do? It's the fully updated Steam version.

danny

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 23:28:07 »

Could you please post a copy of your DXdiag file so that I can make sure your computer has enough power to play SSE?

ShadowSF96

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 23:32:26 »

Well, running the game is no problem. Even when all of that snow and rain is spamming, it would take alot of power. There's not really any lag in the game when it occurs. But, sure, here it is.

danny

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 23:45:09 »

Well, your machine is more than capable of coping with the game. Has it always had spammy rain and snow? or did it stop working after a certain update?

ShadowSF96

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 23:50:43 »

Well, i'm a SS3 newbie, i bought this game yesterday, so i don't know when it occured. But, the first few times i played the free roaming, it worked as i remember it (with rain and snow). But, then suddenly as i turned on rain / snow, it just completely spammed it. And sometimes, it doesn't even turn the rain or snow on.

I'm sorry, i don't have much more information about this problem, i've been looking it up on Google and forums, but judging from that, it's only me that have this problem, hehehe :)

I've also tried lowering the graphics, another resolution, verifying the game cache, making sure everything is updated, but this annoying bug still occurs. Do you know any hardcore SSE gamer you could ask if you don't know it yourself?

Thanks for helping me here

danny

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2012, 00:21:26 »

Well, you could try contacting Vstep support here : http://www.shipsim.com/support/contact
But don't expect a reply "instantly", as they have been known to take upto a month to reply... they've even completely ignored some E-mails!!
It might be a good idea if you posted your problem in the Bug reports topic : http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,21677.0.html

They only thing I can suggest is re-installing SSE I'm afraid :/

Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines