Hello Guest April 29, 2024, 11:47:32 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: navy ships ?  (Read 2381 times)

k.low harold

• Forum member
navy ships ?
« on: August 30, 2012, 19:20:19 »

hi , when i saw the trailer of this game i saw a grey US navy ship ,ingame its coastguard ship,wy???
als o, wy cant we use the rib on the boats in multiplayer

Rbsanford

• Forum member
Re: navy ships ?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 00:03:46 »

To answer the first question, that Navy ship and a few others are AI ships, but not player ships. Hopefully in the future they will let you sail them. And we can't use deployable ships in multiplayer, maybe because trollers could leave a large ship anchored at the port exit and deploy a lifeboat to ram players.
Today's weather:

http://www.lsmma.com/webcam/webcam_st.html

Not to sound cliched, but what a long, strange, trip it's been.

LucAtC

• Ship Simulator Developer
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 01:23:34 »

Hello Cedric,

"Cutter" and "Protector" are both player ships, and no Navy ships but Coast Guard vessels.

Regards,
Luc

francesco

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 11:02:31 »

Hello Cedric,

"Cutter" and "Protector" are both player ships, and no Navy ships but Coast Guard vessels.

Regards,
Luc

He is talking about the other Navy ships that were indeed in the trailer, and that are available, as Rbsanford said, in the editor.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 12:09:46 »

As to being unable to use the deployable vessels in Multiplayer, if you give it some thought, this would cause all kinds of problems to make it possible. In Multiplayer each player chooses ONE ship only, thus to allow a player to deploy a boat as well would mean that he was in charge of two vessels at once. So therefore no deployables in the multiplayer game. ::)
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 16:45:55 »

Hello Cedric,

Regards,
Luc

Sorry LucAtc, but this is not correct. The US-Coast Guard ship is Navy ship's. The Coast Guard(USA), is a millitary organisation if you did not know.

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po

larsdehaan

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 16:55:48 »

This isnt the USCG though

virtualpilot

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2012, 16:57:17 »

Yes but there is a difference between USCG and USN

LucAtC

• Ship Simulator Developer
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2012, 17:58:39 »

Perhaps because I am not familiar with advertising semantics, I looked at the trailer of Ship Simulator Extremes just before its launch in August 2010, containing the Cutter and Protector (generic) "Coast Guard" ships.
 ::) I forgot the 2009 teaser of Ship Simulator 2010 Extremes that indeed showed the Dutch M-frigate model available as static or AI ship in the editor, like some other Navy vessels of various kinds.
k.low harold seemed to tell that this Navy ship morphed into a CG one, which didn't happen.
Also, Virtualpilot and larsdehaan are  :thumbs: correct about USCG and USNavy, both services being part of the US Armed Forces.

Regards,
Luc

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2012, 18:10:15 »

Actually, the USCG is not in the armed forces. They're more "homeland" based, protecting mariners off the coast and enforcing the law. Sometimes though they will go to other seas to fight pirates or engage in rescue/salvage missions.
Today's weather:

http://www.lsmma.com/webcam/webcam_st.html

Not to sound cliched, but what a long, strange, trip it's been.

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2012, 19:39:07 »

Sorry, I was wrong then, I have always thought of them as US-Coast Guard, but it is right that the two ships is not specific US.

Rbsanford, I think you should go reading a bit about the coast guard in your country. They are actually one of the five armed forces.

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po

larsdehaan

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2012, 19:44:46 »

The United States Coast Guard (USCG) is a branch of the United States Armed Forces and one of the seven U.S. uniformed services. The Coast Guard is a maritime, military, multi-mission service unique among the U.S. military branches for having a maritime law enforcement mission (with jurisdiction in both domestic and international waters) and a federal regulatory agency mission as part of its mission set. It operates under the Department of Homeland Security during peacetime, and can be transferred to the Department of the Navy by the President at any time, or by Congress during time of war.

And thats all i have to say about that.

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2012, 20:07:41 »

Larsdehaan, I guess that quote is from Wikipedia, am I right?

This is what the Us Coast Guard say about them self:
"The U.S. Coast Guard is one of the five armed forces of the United States and the only military organization within the Department of Homeland Security. Since 1790 the Coast Guard has safeguarded our Nation's maritime interests and environment around the world. The Coast Guard is an adaptable, responsive military force of maritime professionals whose broad legal authorities, capable assets, geographic diversity and expansive partnerships provide a persistent presence along our rivers, in the ports, littoral regions and on the high seas. Coast Guard presence and impact is local, regional, national and international. These attributes make the Coast Guard a unique instrument of maritime safety, security and environmental stewardship."
(quoted from http://www.uscg.mil/top/about/)

About the same, but they are more clear with that they belong to the armed forces of US. Also some time ago, some persons who were active in US Coast Guard were also active here on the forum and they were very clear about it too. So it is nothing new, that I say that say that the Coast Guard ships are millitary, I just repeat what folks from the CG say them self.

cgunn

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2012, 06:08:09 »

Couldn't help but stumble upon this, and I'll try to help clear this up for you guys.

I, myself am in the CG, and what wiqvist said is right, our ships are military.

And to rbsanford, just so you know, if a Navy ship goes into port overseas, we actually go with it and provide security for it while it is in port, much like here in the states. Not to mention the fact that we do operate in many countries overseas as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines