Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 17:16:23 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Schiff-Simulator 2006 Standard  (Read 23445 times)

halship

• Forum member
Schiff-Simulator 2006 Standard
« on: August 18, 2012, 17:04:49 »

Hi all,

I am new to this forum.
I started with Schiff-Simulator 2006 as my first simulation program.
I like it already very much. I looked for patches and found different patches 1.3 and 1.4 til 1.8.
But none of these patches will work. Sometimes I got the message that I don't have the platin version sometimes it said just that the patch does not work because I have not installed my ship sim correctly.

I know already that there are 2 version in the market
normal/standard and Platinum

Does that mean that when I buy the standard version I have no rights to patch the game to get rid of errors, crashes and other things ????
This sounds really nonsense for me.
Especially because nothing before the purchase told me something about this difference between standard and platinum.

Can someone tell me his/her experience and/or has a hint what I can do now ? (Is the only way to buy also the platinum version ??)

Thanks for replys

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
Re: Schiff-Simulator 2006 Standard
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 17:27:12 »

Hi  halship
First you need to register your copy of 2006 in your forum profile once
you have done that we can help you further.
                                                                                          Eric

halship

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 18:17:45 »

Hi Eric,

how can I register ?

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 18:56:25 »

Hi halship go into your Forum profile (click on "profile" in the centre of the yellow bar at the top of the screen) Then you will find a place to enter your licence key, just enter the key as it is shown on your box. It should be four groups of five letters and numbers, like this:- xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx.

Traddles
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

halship

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 19:29:16 »

Hi again,

I can't find the license key. I bought my copy of schiff-simulator 2006 via amazon.de. It is in a plastic cd-rom cover. But there is no license key, not on the cover, not on the cd nor in the 2 page flyer which is inside the cd-rom cover.

Even when I open help or credits within the software there is not shown a license key.

I have the standard not the platinum version. Is that the reason that I don't have this license key ?

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 09:18:36 »

Hi  halship
I am sorry to read this but the 2006 do's need license key and should have
been provided with C.D so you need to contact amazon for new copy or
the license key.
                                                                                             Eric  
The 2006 I bought was boxed with license key inside the box lid.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 09:20:40 by sadsid »

halship

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2012, 08:26:13 »

Hi Eric,

I was angry that I bought the original Schiff-Simulator 2006 software and got no licence key. Therefore I wrote an email to www.astragon.de the publisher for the simulator 2006 at least here in germany (that is what on my two page flyer was written www.astragon.de and support@astragon.de)

Here is the answer from them

Sehr geehrter Herr Anhalt,

das Patch hat nichts mit der Astragon zu tun, dies ist direkt von den Entwicklern gekommen.

für den Schiff-Simulator 2006 gibt es keinen Lizenzschlüssel, erst ab der Schiff-Sim 2006 Platin Erweiterung.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Ihr Support Team

Ursula Link

BLaktiv - Bernd Link Support und Service Hölterhofer Str. 26, D-42477 Radevormwald

So they told me, that the licence key is available not before the platin edition of schiff simulator 2006 !

I can send you a picture of my original receipt/bill whatever you need to trust me that I have the original version and got no licence key for that version. :-\

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2012, 08:47:36 »

Hi halship
I can understand you being angry about this please send p.m to Swenson.
http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=56831
I am sure he can help you with this .
                                                                                           Eric

The Ferry King

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2012, 22:13:51 »

i'm not sure if i'm right but i think that isn't a game produced by Vstep (publisher of Ship Simulator 2006)

The website link shows a different publisher named Astragon?

I'm not clear if license keys from games produced by a different publisher would work on this website..
http://www.astragon.de/

I hope that explained it  Smiley
TFK,

PS: The internet is confusing me  :-X
Can someone explain why there is a Ship SImulator made by Vstep, And a Schiff simulator made by Astragon and why they are so identical e.g same ships except for their latest one.

I hate being this confused

:please forgive me if i'm wrong, even i am not that clever  :doh:
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 20:20:01 by The Ferry King »

halship

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, 19:05:01 »

Hi Ferry King

I think astragon is only the publisher not the developer of the game Schiff-Simulator 2006.
So there shouldn't be any difference except standard and platin version.

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 14:39:52 »

I would be realy happy if some frome Vstep can come out and explain this.

The Schiff simulator 2006 and 2008 with updates is more or less identical with Vstep's but they are not compatible with each other, and why that. In my eyes does it looks like Vstep have sold the German version of the game to Astragon, but that is not more than a wild guess.

So please Swenson or some other person who have facts about this, please tell us?

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 16:21:52 »

Hi
The reason is that they both have different game engines .

Both games belong to V.Step nothing to do with Astragon as
far as I know.

Eric
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 16:24:47 by sadsid »

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2013, 02:11:39 »

That makes it even more strange.

Why has they released two versions of the same game(one only in German), and where only the owner of one version have access to this forum? And one version of the game have not access to the forum about the game?

I still hope that some from Vstep could explain this, but I may hope for too much.

If the Astragon game also belongs to Vstep, why do they talk about it as their shipsimulator and they do not mention Vstep at all.

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2013, 00:13:34 »

Well it's not that complicated, but it might look that way if you only look at the names of the games and the names of the developers/publishers.

Astragon's current simulator has nothing to do with Vstep.

Vstep initially made Ship Sim 2006 as Schiff Simulator 2006 as a German-only version, way back when, and they used Astragon as their German publisher back then.

When Vstep's game was deamed succesful enough to continue onwards with it, they expanded further and that became the ship simulator series that we now know.

But that has no ties with Astragon's own games, or other titles by other developers that they publish too. But they do offer Vstep's (later) games for sale too. And they might look slightly different if you only look at the box, but that's just regional differences, it's still Vstep's games.

Astragon recently just made their own simulator as well. They make tons of them, the weirdest stuff you can imagine has a simulator version on their website, it seems. Of course not all of their own making, but some are. From driving a garbage truck to cranes to forklifts, ambulances, buses, down to deep sea diving and angling/fishing and such stuff. I haven't checked in a while, but I reckon they'll have 'walk the dog simulator' and 'mow the lawn simulator' and 'run down to the shop to get a carton of eggs simulator' and what not, by now too.

But yeah, Vstep and Astragon are two seperate entitites and their games are seperate too. Astragon just published Vstep's game(s) in germany.

I hope that clears it up. The confusion is logical though, if you browse through their website.  :doh:

Regards,
Fred

« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 00:20:09 by Mad_Fred »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines