Hello Guest April 28, 2024, 21:45:19 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cargo Loading?  (Read 1857 times)

Dolphinsrape

• Forum member
Cargo Loading?
« on: July 27, 2012, 02:12:54 »

Is there cargo loading/unloading in SSE?
I've just started playing, so far it seems nothing happens when docked next to containers.
I remember a interface for loading and unloading containers in either past versions, or maybe i'm thinking of a different ship game.

Subwolf

• Forum member
Re: Cargo Loading?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 16:35:55 »

There is a crane mission in SS08 where you can load containers on to the Vermaas. Only problem is when the ship starts moving the loaded containers are left behind :doh:

But I heard Vstep is working on a DLC or addon for SSE involving a crane. Hopefully it means you can load containers and they remain on the ship until you unload them in another port. That would be a nice addition to the game, we'll have to wait and see what happens ;)

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 17:19:43 »

It is right that Vstep have said that they are working on a add on including a crane, but it is not a Container crane. It is a Bulc crane they are working on.

I did not have a problem in Ship Simulator 2008 with that the containers were left behind, they came with me on the ship where I had put them.

Personally I would had prefer that Vstep had put some work to make this a ship simulator game instead of adding a Crane simulator to this game. But it is of cource easier for the company to add their already existing Crane simulator to the game instead of creating something new. When this was discussed some time ago(2-3 years ago if I remeber right), so was the interest not so big, except for that everyone like when something new is coming(like a new ship or something)

And Dolphinrape, I will also suggest you to register your copy of the game in the profile.

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po

Dolphinsrape

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 23:40:47 »

Make a ship simulator to a ship simulator game? I really don't get that, other then the fact that this game seems to use 20 year old technology at best.
I would think cranes for the containers would be as useful, or more useful  then the endless use of small craft, water cannons and towing. Ohhh the endless towing. It should be called towing and tug simulator.

I've played for a few days and i'm bored already. Time compression would have been the most useful tool.
I doubt i'll be interested in any addons. Especially if they aren't free. I wont spend another penny on anything Vstep.

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 20:19:26 »

@Dolphinsrape:
Make a ship simulator to a ship simulator game? I really don't get that, other then the fact that this game seems to use 20 year old technology at best.

Why should Shipsim use technology which could be 20 years old? In those days games didn't run under Windows or didn't even use DirectX. MS-DOS was the norm.

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 10:26:57 »

Sorry if I was a bit unclear in what I said. I do not see this game as a simulator game, even if the name of the game say so. But it is not the word in the title which make it a simulator game it is what you can do in the game. This game is said to be a ship-simulator game and should simulate ships. And there is a bit more on a ship than speed forward and backward and steering to Starboard and Port, but that is the only thing which is simulated, except for on some few ferry's you can open so passengers can get aboard. I do not think you are right in that it is 20 year old technology used in the game, I think that is up to date, but what you can do in the game is what you could do in games 20 years ago(only the graphic is a bit better, which is just natural). The most easy way for Vstep to 'fix' the game would be to open the game for third part add on's.

If Vstep open the game for third part add on's there will for sure come  a lot of rubbish, but it will also come a lot of great add on's. Look at Microsoft Flightsim X, there is a lot of rubbish you can download for free, but there is also a lot of fantastic Add on's you can buy, and it totaly up to the customer what he/she like to do with his/her game. The same could have happen for Shipsimulator.

I would think cranes for the containers would be as useful, or more useful  then the endless use of small craft, water cannons and towing. Ohhh the endless towing. It should be called towing and tug simulator.

Just to make it clear, it is not going to be a Container crane, it is going to be a Bulc crane, and you can not load containers with a bulc crane. And the towing I think is about one of the few realistic(funny) things you can do.

I've played for a few days and i'm bored already. Time compression would have been the most useful tool.
I doubt i'll be interested in any addons. Especially if they aren't free. I wont spend another penny on anything Vstep.

I totaly understand you. But just so you know, if you register your game here in your profile. You will get access to download more missions, missions created by customers, and they hold often higher standard than Vstep's mission's.

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines