Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 16:12:40 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What if??  (Read 3497 times)

jorge-n-mercy

• Forum member
What if??
« on: May 04, 2012, 18:52:20 »

Hey was wondering...what if ship sim develops a game with concept ships that were never made into production like the Titanic II or long forgotten ships like the Britannic I and II? Im a big titanic fan and would love to now how it would be to maneuver a diesel-electric ship (Titanic II).  Also to have to privilege to walk around in the cabins to see the interior of the ship like the cabins and to grab that feel of how it would be like being inside the ship...care to comment anyone?

rexdog1888

• Forum member
Re: What if??
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 23:38:37 »

I support this idea, would definitely love to see

jorge-n-mercy

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 15:48:29 »

believe me ive been a titanic fan since i was nine....and that's no joke lol. well heres an upload of the descendant hope you enjoy.

jorge-n-mercy

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 15:54:15 »

lol sorry forgot to attatch it... ;D

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 16:27:39 »

That bulbous bow seems very low down to be effective...

jorge-n-mercy

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 17:19:40 »

well its just a sketch... remember, a sketch is just to grasp an idea of how the ship might just look, once the ship is built, some adjustments might have to be done for the better driving and handling of the ship just like a car or truck, not just that but remember that even though titanic might be the largest, she sits lower than any other ships now because you can compare other ships like floating  buildings so they need a bigger bulbous bow to add up with the structure of the ship whereas titanic's structure is much simpler and doesnt need an oversized bulbous bow to add up with the structure.  it just all depends with the personal eye view of the ship once you see it eye to eye and while you build her.

danny

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 20:52:09 »

I love how the sketch emphasises such things as the "enlarged rudder" and the "high efficiency screws". Is that so the titanic 2 can steer out of the way of an iceburg and stop sooner?  :doh:
That bulb looks more like something you'd see on a warship - they normally hold sonar and other anti-submarine sensors.
STCW II/1 Unlimited Officer Of the Watch.
Big or small, I'll sail 'em all!

jorge-n-mercy

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2012, 22:16:03 »

i hope that one day they do decide to take this model out....its interesting but still kept original....i can most definitely abide by that. :)

Sunseekeringo

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2012, 14:05:15 »

Nice picture, many thanks!

Titanic II...Probably we´ll see it in some years:

Palmer plots Titanic order

A replica of the Titanic could be sailing the Atlantic by 2016 if a plan by an Australian billionaire comes to fruition.

Clive Palmer has signed an initial agreement with China’s CSC Jinling shipyard to build a modern version of the liner that sank off Newfoundland 100 years ago this month.

He wants to sail Titanic II from England to New York accompanied by the Chinese navy as its maiden voyage.

The vessel will be part of a planned fleet of luxury cruiseships built in Nanjing, he said. He has not revealed a cost.

The 58-year-old mining, property and football tycoon added: “It will be every bit as luxurious as the original Titanic, but of course it will have state-of-the-art twenty-first century technology and the latest navigation and safety systems.”

White Star Line’s original ship was just under 270 metres long.

Palmer’s version will have the same dimensions, with 840 rooms on nine decks as well as gymnasiums, swimming pools, libraries and restaurants, he said.

He has brought in a historical research team to start design work. An exhibition room showcasing Queensland will replace the original’s coal boilers.

For the venture, Palmer has set up Blue Star Line as a wholly-owned subsidiary of his Mineralogy company.

The magnate has a fortune of AUD 5.05bn ($5.3bn) and is Australia’s fifth-richest person.

He said the plans would help China become a major player in the cruiseship market.

cheers
Ingo

http://www.tradewindsnews.com/andalso/667029/palmer-plots-titanic-order?lots=site

jorge-n-mercy

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2012, 17:24:24 »

well at least we know that someone's dreams is coming true  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines