Hello Guest April 27, 2024, 22:30:09 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Steam users you may want to read!  (Read 2131 times)

Finney

• Forum member
Steam users you may want to read!
« on: March 26, 2012, 11:30:06 »

Hi guys

I had several problems with this SSE since day 1 from Steam. Steam (at least they got back to me) said contact vender but vender never replied upon several attempts to ask for help, the support team did not help, sad to say e-mails went unanswered.

The first problem was crashing on start up. It was determined the video was set to high (what the?) on my card causing it to crash (mind you this is a super duper uber system made to run high end 3d modeling software). I made a profile in the video card to run it at a lower setting. All good now. No more crashes.  ???

Validating files with Steam. DO NOT I repeat DO NOT do this unless you absolutely have to and then I wouldn't do it anyway. This seems to cause more problems then help. Several post tell you to validate your files and I did. Well first problem was after the validating process and starting the game it told me "Your Language is not supported", I then re-validated the files and it told me like 18 files were missing and it would update. After that scenery was missing, anchor chains not showing and various other problems. I then uninstalled the game and removed the files from my documents and reinstalled. All works now and I will not validate the files again. There seems to be a lack of continuity between the vender and Steam.

Maybe this will help some of you. My overall fix is to NOT buy anything through Steam. Good luck!

Finney

fcsflyboy

• Forum member
Re: Steam users you may want to read!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 00:35:25 »

I have purchased 2 games through STEAM, SSE and TRS12. I am VERY dissapointed in steam, not only does SSE crash but in Trainz I can't acces the download station or even the settings in the menu, only the game itself actually works. I know many users who have the same problems. I have tried to get my money back through team but they are very rude in the sense the only ignore emails. I personally feel that they steal money from the general public buy giving out programs that only work 20% of their full capacity. Anyone thinking of using steam, just turn away now, it sucks big time and you'll only get frustrated.

knocks

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 13:24:59 »

I have purchased over 80 games through steam over the years and never had any issues, steam only sells what’s provided to them.

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 19:20:40 »

yeah, steam works very well for me too.
Today's weather:

http://www.lsmma.com/webcam/webcam_st.html

Not to sound cliched, but what a long, strange, trip it's been.

Mako Shark

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 13:50:53 »

There is nothing wrong with Steam itself but some games that haven't been optimized to work with Steam can have problems and this seems to be the case with SSE. I have loads of other games on steam and they all work fine.

I haven't got SSE yet, I'm going to get it today and I'm just looking for the cheapest price  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines