Hello Guest April 25, 2024, 18:50:15 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mission-Pride of Rotterdam leaves home port.  (Read 1599 times)

Geve

• Forum member
Mission-Pride of Rotterdam leaves home port.
« on: April 01, 2012, 12:30:09 »

Hi,

I have just completed the mission, Pride of Rotterdam leaves home port.

Manoeuvring  the ship from the tight corner at the pier is the toughest, but things get very amusing.......the traffic, before heading out to sea, includes 3 Vermaas s, two on the port side and one on the starboard! The Mission editors could have used other ships and motor boats.......but 3 Vermaas.........and a little later all 3 plus a fast speedboat disappear before your very eyes!

Out in the North Sea, the ships manoeuvres go wonky ...........and this may be owing to strong currents......I am a new player so this is my guess.....before the last waypoint the ship at sea view disappears and I went on with the bridge view(!) However, I managed to reach the last waypoint.........and got some promotion in the passenger ranking.

Geve       

Traddles

• Global Moderator
Re: Mission-Pride of Rotterdam leaves home port.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 16:15:50 »

AI traffic follows a preset track and when it reaches the end of the track it returns to its starting point and retraces its route. That is why the ships vanish! Finally your ship runs into thick fog and has to rely on the chart & radar to reach the finalwaypoint.
I should point out that Rotterdam is the busiest port in Europe such that three containerships and quite a number of inland vessels is normal, at times even more traffic is entering or leaving the port.
A study of these manuals shows the way in which AI traffic behaves and how it is routed.
http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,2886.msg28895.html#msg28895

Traddles.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 16:18:25 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Geve

• Forum member
Re: Mission-Pride of Rotterdam leaves home port.
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 21:24:15 »

Dear Traddles,

ok, the last part was thick fog, sorry I did not realize that.

Again, as always, thanks Traddles.

Geve
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines