Hello Guest April 29, 2024, 08:35:25 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moorings/Bollards/Anchors  (Read 1695 times)

Finney

• Forum member
Moorings/Bollards/Anchors
« on: March 19, 2012, 12:20:24 »

Hey guys

Anywhere in Free roam are there any moorings/bollards on docks? I can't seem to tie my ship up to anything. In the Solent at Ryde pier there are bollards but I don't use this map much, to small for larger ships.

Anyone else have invisible anchor chains? My chains have seemed to disappear.  :o

Thanks
Finney

pepe

• Forum member
Re: Moorings/Bollards/Anchors
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 20:16:17 »

hi,
i think you have to activate "AI Ships" on the starting- page of the free roaming "mission. Then you will see at some places the bollards.

greetings pepe
NB Acer 5943 G
Intel core I7 720QM
8 GB DDR3
ATI Mobility HD5850 1024MB
Win7 64

george2234

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 02:19:34 »

While on the subject of bollards, does anyone know how to position in a bollard in a session which you create yourself?
I can place the bollard but it always ends up below the water level ... what do I need to alter to place it on top of a wharf?

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 08:44:26 »

Hi
You need to click on the entity panel and use the Y position to lift bollard to level
of quay as explained in manual.(Link below)
                                                                                           Eric
http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=25626.0;attach=96450

george2234

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 23:15:07 »

Thanks very much for that ... now my bollards are on top of the wharves where they should be ... :)

Is there an optimum number of vessels one can use in a self designed mission? I find that memory seems to be an issue ... also if you have more than six ships, their icons on the left of the screen, through which you can access the ships, go off the top of the screen .. is there a way to scroll through them or access the one which have gone off the screen?

As a general comment, living in Sydney, I must congratulate the developers on their rendition of Sydney harbour ... even down to details such as the Maritime Museum at Darling Harbour. 

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 00:37:51 »

i have a related question: in multiplayer, is there anyway to get the bollards to appear? or will we have to wait till 1.6?
Today's weather:

http://www.lsmma.com/webcam/webcam_st.html

Not to sound cliched, but what a long, strange, trip it's been.

Finney

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 11:39:42 »

@ Rbsanford

I have bollards now and there are some in MP, I know for a fact there are some in Dover. Is your SSE from Steam? If so read this post http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,28166.0.html if not maybe one of the devs can help you (good luck).

Finney
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines